soundtoys V5

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

e@rs wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:24 pm With 5.3.0 update:
Plug-in activation window now includes support for Activation Codes, which will be distributed to customers who purchase a new product (not an upgrade) from the Soundtoys web store, and will allow those licenses to be activated without an iLok account (optional).

What does this actually mean?
yehboy1 wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:31 pm I think it means bye bye iLok, which means I will finally buy Echoboy.
So as in serial number and not challenge / response? Also, is this supposed to be for only new customers or current customers as well?
You are currently reading my signature.

Hopefully they adopted U-He's protection... :borg:

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
Hey, Vito from Soundtoys support here!

We're still using PACE iLok authorization in our software, but we wanted to make it easier for newer customers who are wary about making iLok accounts or have experienced trouble doing so.

For new purchases from Soundtoys.com (with the exclusion of upgrades and Academic Bundle purchases) we are issuing Activation Codes. After installing the software, you can redeem your code in the activation window that will pop up when you open your DAW. You will also have the option to log into an iLok account, or continue with the activation without an iLok account.

If you later decide that you want to manage or upgrade that license, you can follow some steps in the iLok License Manager to add the license to your account:
http://support.soundtoys.com/customer/e ... se-manager (http://support.soundtoys.com/customer/en/portal/articles/2576015-how-to-use-the-ilok-license-manager)

You will still need the iLok software installed on your computer, but one of our most common issues was users having multiple iLok accounts by accident and either logging into the wrong one, or purchasing it to the wrong iLok account.

For purchases from dealers, like Sweetwater or Plugin Boutique, we distribute serial numbers, which can be added to your Soundtoys account / iLok account via https://www.soundtoys.com/authorize (https://www.soundtoys.com/authorize).

For upgrades and Academic Bundle purchases, licenses are deposited directly into iLok accounts (for the time being).

So, in conclusion, this only affects plug-in purchases from our own webstore, and allows for users to activate plug-ins without thinking about iLok accounts, unless you want to think about iLok accounts.

We know that existing users might have some questions with this new method, but we're hoping that this makes for a smoother experience in the long run. Any existing licenses will not change, so long-time users need not worry about anything changing (except for a more reliable installer downloading experience).

Our support box is always open and we're happy to help suss out your activation problems as soon as we can!
Soundtoys Tech Support

Damn I wish I'd known that when Crystalline was on a the deal. PACE caused me to stall, and then I was too late. Thanks for the info though.

Kamikaze Coda wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:33 am Damn I wish I'd known that when Crystalline was on a the deal. PACE caused me to stall, and then I was too late. Thanks for the info though.
Probably would have also picked it up.
No signature here!

I still don't get it... Is there an activation method that has nothing to do with iLok?

Sounds like you don't need to use iLok to register but you still must have it installed.

Apparently that will resolve the problem with doubters whose main complaint about iLok is the requirement to have an unwanted piece of software on their machine.

^Sorry, but I don't follow your logic. If you still have to install iLok, how is that solving any problem for iLok haters?

none, it's marketing blurb

Will v6 be released soon?
Last edited by TheProBeats on Sun Aug 08, 2021 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

^No.

MFXxx wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:45 pm Everyone I need some help please. Have sent a request to support and on GS, trying everyone here as well.

I own all the full versions of Soundtoys native bundle 4.43, DevilLocDeluxe, LittleAlterboy,LittlePrimalTap, Microshift and Radiator ,LittleLAterboy5. These have been working fine (apart from a minor issue where presets save but as zero byte files and do not recall). The workaround was to save as vstresetfiles in cubase.

Running Windows 8.1Pro x64 with Cubase 8.0.3x64 all soundtoys versin installed are x64 (no x32). ilok driver and latest software version as of today.

Upgraded to Soundtoys 5.0.1.10771, LittleAlterboy 5.0.1.10771, PrimalTap 5.0.1.10771 and the problem has got worse.

Note everything is installed to the deafult locations without any custom configuration or shortcut locations (symbolic links).
On launching Cubase8 during the vst 2 plugin scan I get the following error :
Alert

"Soundtoys Crystallizer, Version 5.0.1 ERROR: Cannot create Soundtoys version root folder at Soundtoys 5"
"Alert
"Soundtoys Devil-Loc, Version 5.0.1 ERROR: Cannot create Soundtoys version root folder at Soundtoys 5"
Then Cubase stops working usual 3 options debug, close, etc.
Close and relaunch everything loads however crystallizer and Devil-Loc are now blacklisted so not showing in Cubase.
All other plugins showing the rack show in the inserts.
However selecting any of the plugins produces the same error pop alert with the same message above
ie EchoBoy v5 :"Soundtoys EchoBoy, Version 5.0.1 ERROR: Cannot create Soundtoys version root folder at Soundtoys 5"

I'm shortly going to roll back to v4.43 until a new update or support get back to me. Frustrating.

I've tried other DAWs Maschine (NPlugin App scanner crashes, Reaper 4.x same issue crashes so not exclusive to Cubase.

Any help much appreciated.
UPDATE REALLY PISSED OFF>>>BY upgrading to v5 the version 4.43 licenses have been surrendered. I NOW HAVE NO SOUNDTOYS PLUGINS THAT WORK!

Im sure I've done everything correctly, but really hoping its something simple if I've made a mistake.

Edit I have also ensured I have istalled the sountoys v5 installer with admin rights, I am so confident this is pointing to a permissions issue with the installer and plugins?
Hello, I see that you have had the same problem as me. I am not upgrading from an older version, I just got it straight becuase I saw how useful it could be. Please, I do not understand what I am supposed to do, I am using FL Studio and the error says the same thing about a root folder, in most cases I know where to paste free VST plugins I download but I am a new user to this one and I need help,I need to know exactly what I should do to be able to load up the Plugins.

Do these guys answer emails? A new soundtoys customer and a little underwhelmed to contact customer support and not get a response back almost a week later. Something im thinking about before diving deeper into their full suite of offerings.

well, I lost a couple of things of theirs on my iLok a ways back due to computer theft, mostly if not all of it free and soundtoys provided me with fresh authorizations within a couple, three days

jancivil wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 12:19 am well, I lost a couple of things of theirs on my iLok a ways back due to computer theft, mostly if not all of it free and soundtoys provided me with fresh authorizations within a couple, three days
Thank you for sharing! Very reassuring.

Return to “Effects”