Shattered Glass Phoenix

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Phoenix is a faithful digital simulation of five analog preamp circuits, having a common two-stage topology, with a three-band EQ. Each circuit derives its unique sonic character from a different active element (12AX7, 12AT7, and 12AU7 triodes, and J201 and 2N5457 JFET transistors) used in the voltage amplification stages. To achieve the most authentic analog sound, each preamp circuit is simulated in real time using Shattered Glass Audio’s state-of-the-art circuit simulator. The three-band EQ can be positioned either before or after the preamp, or be completely taken out of the signal chain. Signal is 4x oversampled to eliminate aliasing.

Use Phoenix to add color, warmth, dirt, depth, and vibe to your mixes and masters or as a saturation compressor.
Upgrade path from SGA1566 MkII :tu:

http://www.shatteredglassaudio.com/product.php?id=110

Amazon: why not use an alternative

VariKusBrainZ wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:06 pm

Wasn't the SGA1566 MkII a notorious crashfest??
How will Phoenix be any different???

SGA1566 never crashed for me personally. I just barely used it because it was so ridicously CPU heavy and the simulation started crapping out on transient-heavy material w/o high quality mode and oversampling. Curious how CPU intensive this one is given that it doesn't seem to have optional oversampling.

dubguy99 wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:52 am SGA1566 never crashed for me personally. I just barely used it because it was so ridicously CPU heavy and the simulation started crapping out on transient-heavy material w/o high quality mode and oversampling. Curious how CPU intensive this one is given that it doesn't seem to have optional oversampling.
Never crashed for me either, didn't use it in high quality mode due to CPU, this release is much more efficient but no quality or oversampling options. Uses about 1.3% on my i7.
Amazon: why not use an alternative

VariKusBrainZ wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:21 am
dubguy99 wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:52 am SGA1566 never crashed for me personally. I just barely used it because it was so ridicously CPU heavy and the simulation started crapping out on transient-heavy material w/o high quality mode and oversampling. Curious how CPU intensive this one is given that it doesn't seem to have optional oversampling.
Never crashed for me either, didn't use it in high quality mode due to CPU, this release is much more efficient but no quality or oversampling options. Uses about 1.3% on my i7.
Oversampling is set fixed at 4x, and the quality is equivalent to High CPU mode on SGA1566 MKII (i.e. highly accurate circuit simulation).
You can find answers to these and other questions in this thread viewtopic.php?f=6&t=514922

Return to “Effects”