MRatioMB a little (big) freebie :)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The Noodlist wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:03 am
Halonmusic wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:33 am Teksonik is right. It installs all of their plugins even if you un check the ones you dont want.
Really? I've not had that experience. Care to elaborate?
To clarify it installs all the support and preset files for every one of their plugins even if you only install one. It will only install the .dll file for that one plugin not the rest.

So yes you can choose to only install one plugin but you'll get all the support files for every plugin they make. See the screenshots above and that's not all of them.

I just tried it on another test machine and the installer still does the same thing. (Win 10 can't speak for Mac).

You might say "well just delete the ones you don't need" but going through hundreds of files trying to figure out which ones the plugin you do have uses and being careful not to delete the wrong ones is not a way I'd like to spend my time. I like to keep my studio computer lean and clean so this kind of bloat won't ever find its way on there.

Once again when people complained about this some years ago his response was "that it's convenient for him". To me that's just sloppy, lazy programming. Then the fact that he used to drop files in your Windows folder just creeped me out although he no longer does that.

Sorry to the Melda fans but I simply won't do business with him any longer. When I bought MReverb years ago the bloat was not an issue.

Anyway I just wanted to give a heads up to new users who might not know the bloat exists so they can decide if installing this "freebie" (that may be limited like his other freebies unless you purchase the "freebie" upgrade) is worth the trouble......... :shrug:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Sorry you feel that way just because of some preset files, that are completely harmless, but it's your choice of course. Btw you would be surprised about most software on the market apparently :). Fortunately most people are more interested in good functional software and don't care about a few files on top of the tens of thousands they already have there :)

In any case, good luck with your music!
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Like everytime the AV gives warnings about the installer and it doesn't remember the last selection. Anyways installed it in a VM and it's not working in FL studio. Routing was done like in any other plugin but it's not mixing anything.

The presets I found amount to 44.1MB, not exactly capable of bringing a system to it's knees. My browsing history is larger, not a problem for me.
You can't please everybody, I suppose.
Is materialism devouring your musical output? :ud:

The Noodlist wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:12 pm The presets I found amount to 44.1MB, not exactly capable of bringing a system to it's knees.
Depends. Are still files copied or altered in the windows system directory?

I installed the 12.11 updates, got the error below, all plugins were installed property except for MRatioMB which is missing from the plugin directory.
I tried to install MRatioMB again on it's own and got the same error. :party:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

RobinWood wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:29 pm
The Noodlist wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:12 pm The presets I found amount to 44.1MB, not exactly capable of bringing a system to it's knees.
The only ones I'm aware of are in AppData\Roaming\MeldaProduction and C:\Program Files\MeldaProduction\Audio Plugins.
09/06/19
267mb in C:\ProgramData\MeldaProduction
Last edited by The Noodlist on Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
Is materialism devouring your musical output? :ud:

lotus2035 wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:35 pm I installed the 12.11 updates, got the error below, all plugins were installed property except for MRatioMB which is missing from the plugin directory.
Try the Google drive mirror instead of the czech one.
They talked about it in the melda subforum.
I had the same issue and it was solved this way.

Niowiad wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:38 pm
lotus2035 wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:35 pm I installed the 12.11 updates, got the error below, all plugins were installed property except for MRatioMB which is missing from the plugin directory.
Try the Google drive mirror instead of the czech one.
They talked about it in the melda subforum.
I had the same issue and it was solved this way.
Oh really? thanks a lot, will try that right away. :tu:

EDIT: Worked like a charm, thanks again. 8)

Sorry about the installer, it was the original upload, replaced about 20 hours ago, not sure what went wrong, some upload problem... It should be fine now, right? (I mean both mirrors)
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

The Noodlist wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:38 pm
RobinWood wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:29 pm
The only ones I'm aware of are in AppData\Roaming and C:\Program Files\MeldaProduction\Audio Plugins.
Correct!

In V11 the shared kernel was in C:/Windows, because that's the only certain path without using registry. But as it usually is, what's hidden doesn't bother people :D, and so the fact that there's so much stuff not "as files" doesn't seem to bother anyone :D. Anyways we managed to do some technical tricks and put the kernel into the program data. It's probably a bit less efficient loading-wise, but works well.
Vojtech

MeldaProduction wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:47 pm ... what's hidden doesn't bother people ...
I don't think so.
free mp3s + info: andy-enroe.de songs + weird stuff: enroe.de

To you maybe. Anyways you put my quote quite out of context. The point was, that putting stuff to C:/Windows would be actually more efficient and safer... Unfortunately people often like lots of files and registry entries all over the place, than having something obvious at plain sight. It's so easy to blame something being at C:/Windows, without actually knowing why and what would the other solutions be.
Vojtech

MeldaProduction wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:35 pm ...that putting stuff to C:/Windows would be actually more efficient and safer...
I'm gonna have to disagree with you here. As a developer for over 30 years, it is true that once upon a time, DLLs and OCX files and that sort of nonsense went in to \Windows\System or \Windows\System32 because that was the only central location.

Today, we have C:\Program Files\Common Files, C:\ProgramData, C:\Program Files and so on. Lots of places are fully supported by Windows and its API, and there is zero need to install anything in the c:\windows folder. I know you're not any more, but there is nothing efficient and safe about putting files in to c:\windows these days, and Microsoft actively discourages it.

Sorry, I just had to say that.
A bit fried in the higher freqs

That's true, but once you want to have a DLL, that is supposed to be accessed from any place (because the plugins will be located all over the place), you either need this location, or you put it somewhere you know it will be and load it dynamically (which is what we do now, and it's rather tricky), or you need the system registry to tell the system where your DLL is going to be. Just sayin...
Vojtech

Return to “Effects”