Toneboosters new plugins and updates

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

that's a workaround for a problem that shouldn't exist
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Edited
Last edited by Vortifex on Sun Apr 16, 2023 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ElevateAudio wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 3:52 pm You can't set it as you like and then save it as a default preset??
No no it's not that. It's when you drag the hpf/lpf nodes around, they would also gain the whole signal up or down if your mouse movement isn't perfectly horizontal (and yes even with snap enabled). Does anyone actually use them for overall gain?! Why not just get rid of it.

djeroen wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:23 am Something along these lines should do it - foldable expert panel with room size, geometry, modulation depth and modulation frequency parameters....
Just saw the announcement on facebook; that was fast!

Bouroki wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 5:45 pm
ElevateAudio wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 3:52 pm You can't set it as you like and then save it as a default preset??
No no it's not that. It's when you drag the hpf/lpf nodes around, they would also gain the whole signal up or down if your mouse movement isn't perfectly horizontal (and yes even with snap enabled). Does anyone actually use them for overall gain?! Why not just get rid of it.
I agree here. I has indeed caused me to switch to another plugin for pass filters when it happens over and over. It doesn't really matter that if I hold a modifier it over rides this. The first instinct, when grabbing to adjust something, is to just put the cursor on it and move it. I've pretty much avoided the hpf/lpf in it since hitting into this, and it doesn't matter to me that there's a way to have it not happen as it is, because I keep doing it :)

Bouroki wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:47 pm Love the EQ4 GUI update @djeroen. Instantly feels better to work with. A couple of requests please:

- Please disable the hpf/lpf ability to gain the whole signal up or down. It gets frustrating and often makes me want to reach for other EQ's when I want something quick with no hassle.
I agree, this (ahem) 'feature' is a total PITA. @djeroen please at least give us the ability to disable this behaviour.

When you press the Alt-key they are fixed to their db setting when moving.

Deja vu....

mabian wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 12:31 pmDeja vu....
By 'disabling this behaviour', I mean the ability to permanently switch it off and not have to press the Alt key every time one wishes to move an HP or LP filter.

As previously stated:
Burillo wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 4:02 pm that's a workaround for a problem that shouldn't exist
This thread is becoming depressingly recursive.

Only Jeroen can break the loop...

- Mario

What does perpetual licence mean?
No more paying for upgrades?

I own a bunch of Toneboosters since forever but never get emails about updates, upgrades or new products and its never 100% clear where I stand as a licence holder
Amazon: why not use an alternative

VariKusBrainZ wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 5:14 pm What does perpetual licence mean?
Perpetual license
A perpetual license agreement grants the designated Licensee a non-exclusive license during the term of the agreement solely for the processing of audio within an audio editor, mobile application or digital audio workstation. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all ToneBoosters licenses are single-user licenses. A license can only be used by the designated Licensee and on up to four (4) personal computer(s).
https://www.toneboosters.com/terms.html

Thanks for the recent updates Jeroen... just ran EQ4, Reverb4, Reelbus4, and checking things out. All good.!

Something I noticed - screen re-draw issues when re-sizing the UI; i.e. you can click and grab just the (black) background window and re-size that, leaving the actual plugin UI itself in place... general re-sizing, and the UI snaps to the new size but, if careful, you can re-size the window, with the plugin UI getting 'stuck' (so the window cuts off the UI). etc...

It happens in all of the above. The transport is not running when I'm trying this. I am in Cubase Pro 10.5.20, VST3 64bit edition (don't have the VST2 *.dll installed), under Win10. Maybe its my graphics card/driver..? Only, I've never noticed this behaviour before.

Nothing bad happens and its not a problem. Just observing...

Cheers,
thebutler
Win10; i7 4790K; 16Gb RAM; GTX750Ti; Cubase Pro v13.0.30; WaveLab Pro v11.2.0; S1 v6.5.2; UR44 audio/MIDI

Electric Mayhem wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 4:45 pm
mabian wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 12:31 pmDeja vu....
By 'disabling this behaviour', I mean the ability to permanently switch it off and not have to press the Alt key every time one wishes to move an HP or LP filter.
But I want to be able to change the gain of hp and lp filters (and I guess I am not the only one). It would be absolutely ridiculous to remove this feature. If you are to lazy to press the alt key that's your problem and not the plugin design is to blame.

What about adding a simple global option "lock lpf and hpf gain to zero" then?

- Mario

Return to “Effects”