CSR - pants down

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

ok, after i followed the threads about csr, allthough i am kinda satisfied in terms of reverb, you guys made me really curious ...
here are some files. i included the orginal dry file, convince me using it and post your reverbed files here.
top these with the csr and i'm sold. top this "roomness" ...
let the games begin:

long reverb

medium reverb

medium ambience

orginal dry

again:
i don't have a dongle, therefore i cannot test csr by myself.
i'd of course be happy if csr is even better than this ;) !
regards,
brok landers
BIGTONEsounddesign
gear is as good as the innovation behind it-the man

That's the 224, isn't it? I love the density and depth perception. Cannot even get close with 2 300s... :-(

Hi brok, you must be really satisfied in terms of reverb :hihi:

If it's a 224, so why to switch to CSR? You got all you need!

But anyhow, interesting thread. living sounds: would you mind to do a 300 demo with brok's sound? Just curious...

Someone, who owns the CSR or has the demo running, could use bmanics preset (found here: http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... c&start=30) and simply pass the file through it...

That preset is only doing a very long plate reverb, typically used for huge lead synth lines in a genre called tarnce. :hihi:

I'm trying to decide what material to post and what not. I also have to calculate the load on the university server as I got a bit carried away with tweaking the lexicon pcm 90 and ended up with over 400mb material! :-o Can't post all that as raw .wav data but I'm trying to find the extra little special bits and will post those. Then I will of course post all CSR snippets that I recorded (not that many as it was getting late and we kind of forgot to bounce stuff down.. sorry) :(

I'll try to get the thread up today, or maybe just post it here.

Cheers!
bManic
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

brok landers wrote:ok, after i followed the threads about csr, allthough i am kinda satisfied in terms of reverb, you guys made me really curious ...
here are some files. i included the orginal dry file, convince me using it and post your reverbed files here.
top these with the csr and i'm sold. top this "roomness" ...
let the games begin:

long reverb

medium reverb

medium ambience

orginal dry

again:
i don't have a dongle, therefore i cannot test csr by myself.
i'd of course be happy if csr is even better than this ;) !
That verb, especially the long one, is absolutely GORGEOUS. Actually reverb can make a sound so beautiful when used in certain circumstances. What unit IS that. is that AAR?

Did you use your unit on the mp3?

brok landers wrote:here are some files. i included the orginal dry file, convince me using it and post your reverbed files here.
long reverb

orginal dry
OK, still had me a few runs of the CSR demo left, and here she is

http://www.michaelkingston.fi/files/CSRbrok.wav

I didn't attempt to faithfully copy your massive hall, but it's similar enough for comparison. This is CSR plate by the way.

What a beautiful sound, even your original is. It would be better if you posted the "dry" file as a wav instead of mp3. Sorry I can't post more of them, or didn't try to copy or top your files. Just a little demonstration.

hey kingston, thats ok, i am allways very interrested in any comparsion ... like i said, its all testing ... i will not glue to my reverb if there is a better one ... therefor i love different opinions, different approaches and:
different demo files! ;)
regards,
brok landers
BIGTONEsounddesign

friteuse wrote:Hi brok, you must be really satisfied in terms of reverb :hihi:
well, up to now IMO nothing comes close ... but let's wait for more files ... ;)
friteuse wrote:If it's a 224, so why to switch to CSR? You got all you need!
the fact that some of the reverb guru's here think it is a 224 leads me to my thinking that i am not so wrong at all with my ears ... ;)
friteuse wrote:But anyhow, interesting thread. living sounds: would you mind to do a 300 demo with brok's sound? Just curious...
yeah, burning curious!
living sounds, let us hear a comparsion file with the 300 please!

TO ALL: in general i'd like to hear comparsionfiles of native reverbs ...
regards,
brok landers
BIGTONEsounddesign

has to be said though,

those original demos you posted.. that's a damn good reverb, whatever it is! :tu: It simply cannot be anything native, or impulses. CSR can only barely match that density and spread.

brok landers wrote:
TO ALL: in general i'd like to hear comparsionfiles of native reverbs ...
yes well how about the wav then ;-)

pakana, i'll be in the studio in 2-3 hours hopefully, then i'll post it ... meanwhile use the dry mp3 that i posted, its converted with 192 khz, shouldn't be too bad ...
regards,
brok landers
BIGTONEsounddesign

Kingston, I appreciate the demo, but it's not even CLOSE to what Reg had originally posted. it's interesting. I mean one sounds decent enough(csr) then you hear the other and it places them in a different stratosphere, seriously. the csr is not even close. reg, i think you missed my question, what verb IS it? (the gorgeous one I commented about earlier).

Well I fired up wizooverb and ran the file through it. I had no problems matching density and spread, but no matter how I tweaked it I couldn't get it to sound as good as his 'long reverb' clip.

That could be operator error though, seeing as how I'm no expert in tweaking reverbs. I'm just a simple knob twister.

Tee hee, knob twister.

Anyway, the only thing this thread has taught me is that I get annoyed easily when someone won't reveal what gear/software they've used. Like now, for instance.

Just tell us already. Sheesh.

(removed)
Last edited by EJo on Sat Apr 15, 2006 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Effects”