CSR - pants down

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

EJo wrote: When will we find out what he first posted?
just a little up the thread. try this link anyway.
http://www.bigtone.de/files/long_reverb.mp3

ttoz wrote:Kingston, I appreciate the demo, but it's not even CLOSE to what Reg had originally posted. it's interesting. I mean one sounds decent enough(csr) then you hear the other and it places them in a different stratosphere, seriously. the csr is not even close. reg, i think you missed my question, what verb IS it? (the gorgeous one I commented about earlier).
Well it's kind of apples and oranges, isn't it? The density and blend is there on both, while broks verb does the roomyness thing brilliantly (which I didn't attempt to copy), the CSR plate is more a "fairydust forest" wide image (a reverb/fx type thing).

*sigh* somebody give me CSR so I can test more. :cry:

Kingston wrote:has to be said though,

those original demos you posted.. that's a damn good reverb, whatever it is! :tu: It simply cannot be anything native, or impulses. CSR can only barely match that density and spread.
I agree! Since CSR should be one of the best native reverbs, the difference is so HUGE, this cannot be a native reverb. Sounds more like one of the high end hardware verbs.

Brok, come on, don't fool us... give us at least a hint :)

Now, I'm so curious what it is that I will run a few tests with my hardware reverbs. I'll be back later... :D

Well if Reg turns around and says it's AAR or R66 I will be blown away.

Well if it happens, it's actually a good thing for us. :wink:

YES, cause I have both! Now I just need some more help in learning to program them! LOL!

ok, i've had a quick attempt to emulate the long reverb reg posted with something.

http://www.yourfilelink.com/get.php?fid=73968
(wav 4.9mb)

let me know what you think.

martian wrote:ok, i've had a quick attempt to emulate the long reverb reg posted with something.

http://www.yourfilelink.com/get.php?fid=73968
(wav 4.9mb)

let me know what you think.
quite nice, better than csr, not as good as mystery reverb Reg used.

definitely sound smoother than CSR, that's what sounded wrong to me about Kingston's demo, kinda patchy and tinny, "broken tail"...

That's CSR hall isn't it?

Still quite the different sound. Broks reverb has been tuned to ring with the chords in a brilliant way (intended or luck?), emphasising them.

CSR is cleaner somehow, something I noticed while doing my file as well. It also has a better (more accurate) high end, and bigger imaging.

well there you go. if it's csr then i am impressed by the second attempt. however, no dongle for me, so no go unfortunately. (i really WOULD buy it at the crossgrade price if it had no syncrosoft)

(removed)
Last edited by EJo on Sat Apr 15, 2006 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

EJo wrote:
ttoz wrote:Well if Reg turns around and says it's AAR or R66 I will be blown away.
I'm just waiting for him to say it's Freeverb on his own secret setting or something.

/J
:hihi:

(removed)
Last edited by EJo on Sat Apr 15, 2006 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Brok lists this stuff on his site as equipment:

tc electronics finalizer, m 3000
lexicon 2x pcm 91, 224, 480I

I say no more posts in this thread till he just tells us what the HELL he's using. No more games.
Last edited by Mikem on Mon Apr 10, 2006 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Asus P5W DH Deluxe | Intel Core 2 Duo E6700 | CORSAIR XMS2 4GB DDR2 800 | EVGA GeForce 8800GT KO 512MB | Thermaltake ToughPower 750W PSU | RME Fireface 800 | UAD-2 Duo | Cubase 4.2 |

Oh ok so it's definitely hardware:(

Return to “Effects”