Antress Modern1176ME released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I don't know the real 1176, either in hardware or software, but this plug sounds really nice to my ear. Thanks a lot, Antress!

inverseroom wrote:I don't know the real 1176, either in hardware or software, but this plug sounds really nice to my ear. Thanks a lot, Antress!
Which probably is the best answer there is really
Athlon 3800+ x2, 1 gig ram, 200gb SATA
Terratec 24/96 sound card, ATI all-in-wonder x600 graphics card, Windows XP Home SP2, Steinberg Cubase SX2, Reason 2.5

--
Last edited by mowe on Tue Feb 06, 2007 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

loopdon wrote:i assume it's not much different to the urs plugin line except that this guy
isn't asking a fortune for the tools.
cuz he just takes graphics from other developers and doesn't need to hire a graphics artist ;)

ddummer is right... just had a look - but see for yourselves

:-o

uh uh

I've been told you can see where he 'brushed' away the original part of the GUI; look at his 'limit/compress' switch, to see some remains of some brushing, also on the upperleft side of the VU meter, and between the VU meter and the peak reduction knob.

It is something to at least ask a question for.
Or perhaps even notify Antress that he is (perhaphs) balancing on a razor sharp edge. I assume he means to do good and he doesn't know this is not allowed.
Last edited by MrM on Tue Feb 06, 2007 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-- Regards MrM --

there's no question.... you can tell that he simply took "parts" of the UAD graphics...

his VU Meter of choice is better though...

:lol: Oh god yeah he totally ripped that one off...Antress, redo that GUI! Though I actually like his dimmer VU meter better than UA's.

He's kinda asking for it with these copycat GUI's--not legal problems, I mean, but aesthetic outcry. Obviously people will want it to sound identical to the real thing. He oughta just make new vintage-looking GUI's for these plugs, say they're inspired by the LA2A and 1176, and develop them from there. Because they really are impressive plugs, for freebies.

Seriously, I wish Antress would post a little info about himself. I don't know how the guy is doing it.

multree wrote:his VU Meter of choice is better though...
Cross post! Great minds...

Yup the meters looks and act better than the UAD, the little time I spent with a friends
UAD card I remembered the jerky vu meter action...

//Daniel :)

don't f with antress, he is awesome...the guy doesn't rest, let the plugs keep coming...recreate the world!

No f .. just concern to protect this freeware gem.

//Daniel :)

Mmmh..
I have been reading quickly this thread, and was wondering if i needer another comp in my vst arsenal.
I thought the answer was "no", untill i see a post of Mr DDummer, saying that this Antress stuff was "a freeware gem". As i totally dig his Tubelimit, Saturated driver and some other plugins he did, I suddenly revised my position : does this stuff really worths a try ?
Could anybody convince me (aprt trying it by myself) ?
I don't know anything at all about the hardware it is aimed at being a "far emulation" (!?), but what could this plugin add to my sonic arsenal that others don't ? In which way are they sooo good ?

Would it replace Buzroom comp (grancomp, CP-1, buzmaxi), Tlt Tubelimit, Camelcrusher, Tlt saturated driver, Dominion, REacomp, etc ? (ang Gvst comp, W1 limiter, etc)...
What am i supposed to look at, if i try it, that would make it blow me away ? Allowing higher loudness ? Adding sonic coloration ? Pumping ? No pumping ? What should the criteria of excellence for this one, allowing so many people praising for Antress (despite the fact that he is releasing freeware faster than the thunder !) ?

(i odn't want to be rude in any way to anyone, i am just naively wondering :
- what is the need of another compressor, as i have plenty i like,
- Why are LA-2A emulations so popular
- In what way is this one (or other Antress plugins) better than existing ones ?)

yes , protect the gem he is... his updates are great (obviously reading the posts) - note above you need more plugs to a/b the right plug for the right musical implementation...

keep the gui how it is, screw em all.

Return to “Effects”