Update 1.2.1: Rescue, now includes Rescue Anniversary Edtion

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Embarassingly noob question - how do you use the Mid/Side thing? Do you need two tracks feeding this thing?
Just stereo (or mono) in, stereo out - the m/s is plugin internal.
your second plug sounds like it's philosophically akin to kingston's retroband. have you tried that one?
I know that one and respect his work.
K-Slash wrote:
2) Is it SynthEdit, SynthMaker or completely "hand-built" ?

bootsie could you please answer this?
All statements regarding technology or design principals will be given in the manual. I won't discuss anything in public here.

peace,
bootsie
follow me on Image

bootsie wrote:
your second plug sounds like it's philosophically akin to kingston's retroband. have you tried that one?
I know that one and respect his work.

peace,
bootsie
8)

bduffy wrote:Wow. For a cool-looking, free new plug-in announcement, that thread got weird fast! :lol:
There might be a reason for this. Personally, all this "see my cool gui" with little or no meaningful information is just pointless. Even the name of this plug means nothing. Skepticism seem a wise approach to these kinds of "announcements." Or I'm just in one of those moods. :)
We escape the trap of our own subjectivity by
perceiving neither black nor white but shades of grey

Vonbrucken wrote:
brok landers wrote:
K-Slash wrote:2) Is it SynthEdit, SynthMaker or completely "hand-built" ?
bootsie could you please answer this?
bootsie wrote:Unfortunately I can't share any details about my political orientation nor my coding practices :hihi:
:shrug:
well, not to offend in any way, but if one can't answer that question ... hmmm ...
let's say it like this:
any serous c++ coder would gladly answer that question as soon as it see's the light ... :)
regards,
brok landers
BIGTONEsounddesign
gear is as good as the innovation behind it-the man

tonAP wrote:
TotcProductions wrote:Doesn't look like SE or SM to me. :shrug:
:roll: :oops: :lol:
ArU Serious? How can we tell it's SE or SM or hand-coded???:
It's just a damn picture!!! (I like it btw)
You can always tell. Look at Atomsplitter plugins, and all the other SM plugs with a custom interface, they have a certain layout and labeling that can't be avoided due to the way you build GUI's in Synthedit...samething goes for SE...even on the OtiumFX plugs, you can tell it's synthedit by the labels on the actual controls. :) Even though you have a huge amount of flexibility for GUI design in both programs, there are still some minor constraints you must live with, and they show through.

Peace 8)
Pro-Sounds : Sound....Different

-=ToTc Owns You=-

even though you're right with the restrictions in se or sm (which was the reason i wanted the question to be answered), on _that_ particular (btw, great looking) gui i don't see anything that can't be made with se or sm ...

you may of course correct me if i'm wrong ... :)
regards,
brok landers
BIGTONEsounddesign
gear is as good as the innovation behind it-the man

TotcProductions wrote:
tonAP wrote:
TotcProductions wrote:Doesn't look like SE or SM to me. :shrug:
:roll: :oops: :lol:
ArU Serious? How can we tell it's SE or SM or hand-coded???:
It's just a damn picture!!! (I like it btw)
You can always tell. Look at Atomsplitter plugins, and all the other SM plugs with a custom interface, they have a certain layout and labeling that can't be avoided due to the way you build GUI's in Synthedit...samething goes for SE...even on the OtiumFX plugs, you can tell it's synthedit by the labels on the actual controls. :) Even though you have a huge amount of flexibility for GUI design in both programs, there are still some minor constraints you must live with, and they show through.

Peace 8)
What about Ugo's plugins :P
Organising a protest march this Friday Schlesische Strasse 28 ,10997 Berlin, Germany

brok landers wrote: let's say it like this:
any serous c++ coder would gladly answer that question as soon as it see's the light ... :)
Lets say it like this. Any 'serious C++ coder' with an ounce of self-respect would 'gladly' treat the question with the contempt it deserved, given the context it appeared in.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

I knew it would turn in a pro/cons SE/SM... really, we need some kind of updated "Netiquette" here:
SE/SM going to be discriminative isn't a nice thing for their own developers, people hiding this source aren't acting kindly as well... that could also be the result of this bla bla against SE/SM, so theres a doubt: is the source vague because of 'smoky' developers (assemblers?)
or they are just defending against this SE/SM prejudice?
Honestly I would be proud of label my VST as for SE/SM made with... in the long run you can't hide that source.. and there's nothing to hide if you are.. uh, well: *candid*. So I'd like to see more&more hig-level SE/SM plugins and les&less comments Like: << Synthedit/S ynthmaker? Shit for sure!>> all this before running that damn plug!!! On this peculiar situation I find veryvery funny that we are talking about a picture: you realize that a panel, knob, @Toct: also GUI layout and labeling , if you want, are JUST bmp,jpg or whathell?!
I'd say cool: lets see/hear a new plug; if i like or not can't tell before listening... or not? But please developers, assemblers or compilers you are: don't hide those S-edit/maker source!!!

...and...bla..bla...

whyterabbyt wrote:
brok landers wrote: let's say it like this:
Lets say it like this. Any 'serious C++ coder' with an ounce of self-respect would 'gladly' treat the question with the contempt it deserved, given the context it appeared in.
So or it has been coded in Delphi or it was made with Synthedit or SM , but i really don't care how it was coded ,at the end only the results count !
But not answering this tiny question is strange , and let's say a bit suspect :P , maybe it has been generated with Babya 's SynthEdit Maker :P
Organising a protest march this Friday Schlesische Strasse 28 ,10997 Berlin, Germany

Whoa whoa whoa, when did this become an anti-SE/SM rant? I was just pointing out that there are certain restrictions as far as GUI design goes in SE and SM, and I have yet to see a synth that I couldn't tell was SE or SM from the GUI that originated from one of the two programs, that's all. :P Anyway....

Brok: My assumption came from looking at the buttons that say MID and SIDE, and have On/Off next to them...Usually, AFAIK, you can change the font and whatnot of the labeling, but it always appears on the side of the control...I don't remember there being an On/Off label next to buttons that showed both ON and OFF at the same time, that's all. I'm a registered SE user, but I haven't used it in a long, long while (earlier betas), is it possible to turn off the default labeling instead of just changing the label and font to say something differen't now? If so, the creator could have just put the On/Off label as part of the GUI background image...in that case, the plug could be SM or SE or custom coded.

Also, I must point out that after looking at the gui a second time, the first time I looked at it I thought some of the dials had 2 controls in them (like the URS API emu's...where the larger part selects the frequency, and the smaller part increases the gain)...I don't think that's possible in SE or SM, to make part of 1 image control one thing and another part of it control something else. Like I said though, looking at it again, I see that the dials don't have a layered control approach, my mistake.

Regardless though, I don't understand how I was harping on either SE or SM :shrug: All I said was it didn't look like SE or SM to me. Is there really room for even the most subtle subliminal meaning in that sentence? :roll: If so, it's a product of the reader having an extremely creative imagination, that would be put to better use making music 8) Did no one see the :love: face in my first post? I personally don't care what it's made with...honestly, I don't even care if it sounds like crap...sometimes I just like to have a plug up that looks pretty for the sake of it. :P :hihi:

Peace 8)

-=ToTc Owns You=-

Vonbrucken wrote: But not answering this tiny question is strange , and let's say a bit suspect :P , maybe it has been generated with Babya 's SynthEdit Maker :P
:lol: Announcing BabyaSE-SM-C++-Delphi-VisualBasic-PHPpro2012! That's right, Babya is new owner of teh SE, SM, C++, Delphi, VisualBasic, and PHP, and now come wiht teh BabyaUltraProWaveMidiMakerPolyMono2007! :hyper: :party:

Peace 8)

-=ToTc Owns You=-

@ToTc:
You are right, my apology: I re-read the whole thread and ...i du no... it wasn't me! It must be that reading all theese KVR bla..bla.. i've been assimilated ;-)

judging from the language used in his posts, it seems like it's programmed, not assembled. I could be wrong of course :hihi:
Cakewalk by Bandlab / FL Studio
Squire Stratocaster / Chapman ML3 Modern V2 / Fender Precision Bass

Formerly known as arke, VladimirDimitrievich, bslf, and ctmg. Yep, those bans were deserved.

TotcProductions wrote:
Vonbrucken wrote: But not answering this tiny question is strange , and let's say a bit suspect :P , maybe it has been generated with Babya 's SynthEdit Maker :P
:lol: Announcing BabyaSE-SM-C++-Delphi-VisualBasic-PHPpro2012! That's right, Babya is new owner of teh SE, SM, C++, Delphi, VisualBasic, and PHP, and now come wiht teh BabyaUltraProWaveMidiMakerPolyMono2007! :hyper: :party:

Peace 8)
:lol: :D

Return to “Effects”