Update: 'TesslaSE' 1.2 signal modelling VSTfx

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Anyone have a working link for TesslaSE?
D Scarlatti, Dell XPS8700 i7/8gb mem/1tb hd/Steiny UR22/Presonus ER5s/Nektar LX61 kbd ctrlr/Win 10 Pro/S1 4.6/ my music here: https://www.magix.info/us/profile/my-profile/media/

The link in the first post here worked for me.

Yeah, the dev said it's back online.

Could someone please upload TesslaSE at some free webspace?

I finally got a chance to try Tessla AND rescue as well. Oh my! These plugins are rather excellent! :D

Unlike some certain "sonic maximizer", which I will not mention by name :P , these actually kick ass, IMHO! I really REALLY like the subtle enhancement of Tessla especially. Looking forward to destroying a lot of mixes in the future by overusing/abusing this plugin! :hihi:

Cheers!
bManic
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

shogger wrote:1kHz sine in,
2kHz harmonic appears at -108dB
3kHz harmonic appears at -48dB
5kHz harmonic appears at -86dB

Is that enough for a "blind" test?
hmm wish I could get a visual at least. Maybe a spectral screen cap of ABX :)?
bmanic wrote:I really REALLY like the subtle enhancement of Tessla especially. Looking forward to destroying a lot of mixes in the future by overusing/abusing this plugin! :hihi:
+10 really smooth like! I'm going to compare it to another similar older plug I use all the time. I've been waiting for something to knock that one out of the water, maybe this is it!?!.

L

bmanic wrote: Unlike some certain "sonic maximizer", which I will not mention by name :P , these actually kick ass, IMHO! I really REALLY like the subtle enhancement of Tessla especially. Looking forward to destroying a lot of mixes in the future by overusing/abusing this plugin! :hihi:
:o Woah woah! Men, do you realize it?: He is "Da Transientophile"!
Now TesslaSE will proudly shows the label:
[***Approved by bManic***] :D

<link removed>
Sorry for the inconvenience and glad you liked that plug so far.
Please don't redistribute this plug on your own.

thanks,
bootsie
Last edited by bootsie on Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
follow me on Image

bootsie now if only you could do the same thing with soft distortion/fuzz! That would be impressive..

Maybe one for the suite :shrug: ?

Just a thought..

L

Lagrange wrote:
shogger wrote:1kHz sine in,
2kHz harmonic appears at -108dB
3kHz harmonic appears at -48dB
5kHz harmonic appears at -86dB

Is that enough for a "blind" test?
hmm wish I could get a visual at least. Maybe a spectral screen cap of ABX :)?

L
Are you kidding me or don't you know what an ABX test is?

Shogger

tonAP wrote:
bmanic wrote: Unlike some certain "sonic maximizer", which I will not mention by name :P , these actually kick ass, IMHO! I really REALLY like the subtle enhancement of Tessla especially. Looking forward to destroying a lot of mixes in the future by overusing/abusing this plugin! :hihi:
:o Woah woah! Men, do you realize it?: He is "Da Transientophile"!
Now TesslaSE will proudly shows the label:
[***Approved by bManic***] :D
Yeah cool! Don't use your ears. bmanic likes it. That's all you need.

Shogger

:lol: ofcourse but I was just wondering if you could supply a visual..

L

shogger wrote: Yeah cool! Don't use your ears. bmanic likes it. That's all you need.

Shogger
Exactly! Just use whatever plugins I like and you'll be 1337. :hihi: :P

Cheers!
bManic
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

bootsie wrote:> Here is some tmp alternative download location <
Sorry for the inconvenience and glad you liked that plug so far.
Please don't redistribute this plug on your own.

thanks,
bootsie
Thanks bootsie - I'll load them up and give you some feedback.

EDIT - Really like Rescue - Nice old-school sound and feel, cool retro UI - punchy - rather like TLs2095 not on steroids.

IMHO, the only improvement I would suggest would be to reconfigure the volume control so that it only works when the VST is in the on position; or at least some way to a/b original signal to processed signal at the same apparent volume level. 8)

I'll have to work with TesslaSE more. Either the effect is so subtle, I'm not feeling it, or I'm not together with the basic operation. (Testing with some Mayall/Clapton Bluesbreakers tunes).
Last edited by Integratron on Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.
D Scarlatti, Dell XPS8700 i7/8gb mem/1tb hd/Steiny UR22/Presonus ER5s/Nektar LX61 kbd ctrlr/Win 10 Pro/S1 4.6/ my music here: https://www.magix.info/us/profile/my-profile/media/

Lagrange wrote::lol: ofcourse but I was just wondering if you could supply a visual..

L
An ABX test is a blind listening test which eliminates the psycho effects of "thinking" that you hear a difference while in fact you're expecting a difference.
For Reaper there is a ABX plugin available that gives you exactly that test configuration. feed it with tracks A and B and the plugin randomly plays those tracks and you can press buttons to say which is which. It gives you a trial number, score number and score percentage.

I recommend such tests to everybody who is THAT serious about sound that he/she is beyond the fanboy, shiny-GUI-sounds-cool, high-price-is-good, name dropping, etc. state of being.
I know that this thing can destroy some idols but to me this was eye opening. Something like: :o :shock: :-o :lol: :hihi: 8)

Shogger

Return to “Effects”