Cleanest, least colored freeware compressor? POLL ADDED!!!!

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Effects discussion

Most uncolored freeware compressor

BuzComp
20
19%
Compressive
6
6%
Kjaerhus Classic Compressor
33
32%
ReaComp
33
32%
Vanilla Compressor
12
12%
 
Total votes: 104

User avatar
KVRAF
1781 posts since 3 Jul, 2007 from Denmark

Post Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:42 pm

bduffy wrote:Math war!!! :-o

Image
:hihi:
Luftrum
Sound Designer
Bioscape - Field recordings merge together in a sonic kaleidoscope of found sound cinematics...

KVRAF
20713 posts since 12 Jul, 2003 from West Caprazumia

Post Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:51 pm

rifftrax wrote:
jens wrote:
Rottweiler wrote:
jens wrote:it seems you're out of luck...

I looked for a license-file but didn't find any - I'm not sure whether I accidently deleted it or if it came without one - the manual (which I have) doesn't touch this point - sorry. :?
license file?

i thought it was FREEWARE
Freeware usually also has a license.
um...no.
um... yes, of course, imbecile.

KVRAF
1702 posts since 26 Feb, 2008

Post Mon Mar 24, 2008 4:34 pm

jens wrote:
rifftrax wrote:
jens wrote:
Rottweiler wrote:
jens wrote:it seems you're out of luck...

I looked for a license-file but didn't find any - I'm not sure whether I accidently deleted it or if it came without one - the manual (which I have) doesn't touch this point - sorry. :?
license file?

i thought it was FREEWARE
Freeware usually also has a license.
um...no.
um... yes, of course, imbecile.
well, let's not have a hissy-fit. a simple "i disagree" would have sufficed. :P

KVRAF
20713 posts since 12 Jul, 2003 from West Caprazumia

Post Mon Mar 24, 2008 4:40 pm

Well, freeware usually comes with a license - and since you have proven that you can actually read... :shrug:

It's not about agreement or the lack thereof - you are wrong - period.

User avatar
KVRAF
12422 posts since 7 Dec, 2004

Post Mon Mar 24, 2008 4:48 pm

actually, if you're making copies of "freeware" without a license you're a pirate. it's really that simple. in the united states you can go to jail for this, even without having to be sued or have the other side prove you've done anything wrong. any "freeware" copyright holder can email you for example with a DMCA notice, even if they are outside the united states. if you do not comply, it becomes a criminal issue for you in the united states.

outside the united states on the other hand? no1carez.

KVRAF
1702 posts since 26 Feb, 2008

Post Mon Mar 24, 2008 5:56 pm

jens wrote:Well, freeware usually comes with a license - and since you have proven that you can actually read... :shrug:

It's not about agreement or the lack thereof - you are wrong - period.
Funny how I never noticed any licenses with my most beloved freeware copies of Synth1, lpgeq, and modern painkiller...but you're more than welcome to point me in the in the direction of the licenses that I should have downloaded with the .dll's (silly developers probably forgot to include them in the .zip file!)

You are quite the authority on this matter...eh? :lol:
Last edited by rifftrax on Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KVRAF
1702 posts since 26 Feb, 2008

Post Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:00 pm

aciddose wrote:actually, if you're making copies of "freeware" without a license you're a pirate. it's really that simple. in the united states you can go to jail for this, even without having to be sued or have the other side prove you've done anything wrong. any "freeware" copyright holder can email you for example with a DMCA notice, even if they are outside the united states. if you do not comply, it becomes a criminal issue for you in the united states.

outside the united states on the other hand? no1carez.
wow. don't think that I've ever read this. they must keep this type of knowledge top secret. at least you've provided an explanation. I suppose I can just go across the border to canada and then do all my duplication and i'd be home free.

KVRAF
20713 posts since 12 Jul, 2003 from West Caprazumia

Post Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:28 pm

rifftrax wrote:
jens wrote:Well, freeware usually comes with a license - and since you have proven that you can actually read... :shrug:

It's not about agreement or the lack thereof - you are wrong - period.
Funny how I never noticed any licenses with my most beloved freeware copies of Synth1, lpgeq, and modern painkiller...but you're more than welcome to point me in the in the direction of the licenses that I should have downloaded with the .dll's (silly developers probably forgot to include them in the .zip file!)

You are quite the authority on this matter...eh? :lol:
:dog:


I wrote 'usually comes with a license' - not 'always' - of course there are freeware-plugins without a license - perhaps you just listed three of them - and? :shrug:

User avatar
KVRAF
12422 posts since 7 Dec, 2004

Post Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:42 pm

in most countries the license is implicit. the author maintains copyright, and you are granted ZERO rights. just because the software is given to you free of charge, it does not mean that any rights are granted to you. you have NO right to copy the software in the united states, for example.

"I suppose I can just go across the border to canada and then do all my duplication and i'd be home free."

yes, and the term "home-free" is perfect here. if you're making copies for your own use in canada, that's fair-use. if you turn around and start distributing my free software on the other hand and refuse to stop when i ask you, i'll take you to court: and win.

remember this part of what i've said though: "when i ask you".

i probably wouldn't care, in fact if you distribute the software without misrepresenting any facts about it, yourself, myself or others and without charging any fee, i'm happy to have you doing so.

even if you'd like to charge a fee, i'll agree to allow you to do that under the condition that you correctly represent yourself, myself and the software and make it known to your customer before any transaction that they can get the original software from it's original source for free, with links and all other information presented fully to the customer. if a person is stupid enough to pay you for doing nothing or virtually nothing, i'm not jesus or anything - i'm not here to protect them from stupidity.

User avatar
KVRAF
8996 posts since 3 Feb, 2003 from Finland, Espoo

Post Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:20 am

... and we got a new quote. :hihi:

Cheers!
bManic
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

Return to “Effects”