VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I live in Bandung, Indonesia. :)
You should visit my country sometime..

I should! Can I stay with you? :cool:

:?

aradaz wrote:I live in Bandung, Indonesia. :)
Java - nice! :-D

Are you Sundanese or Javanese (or something else)? :-)
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Sundanese

Tried to DL, but I keep typing the validation code only to get a blank screen. :shrug:

dark_virus wrote:Tried to DL, but I keep typing the validation code only to get a blank screen. :shrug:
i had no luck with firefox. i used ie and got it.
"Most people who experiment with drugs are not lying in the streets, suffocating on their own vomit. If you want to see some of that, go to the Pub on Saturday night at closing time." ozwest

No problem downloading with Firefox here ... thanks aradaz :D

please write your opinion about the plugin ok..
Thanks, :)

The plugin's fantastic and competes with most payware limiters. It's so light on CPU it's becoming my default for catching overs on the drum bus. :tu:

Is there any comparison with orhter limiters ?
How does it go along with George yong limiter ? Buzrooom limiter ? MGA limiter or Stillwell limiter ?

Is there any screenshot ? Is that a plugin without any gui ?

Stillwell makes a limiter? What's "MGA"? :shock:

The plugin has no GUI; just 4 parameters.

bduffy wrote:Stillwell makes a limiter? What's "MGA"? :shock:
Bduffy ? You ??? You didn't tried yet the MGA limiter ? :D

It is "Michael Gruhn AUdio", aka "Loser", who did a transparent limiter which is rather efficient for transparent limiting, and awesome at -120 db threshold too !
It is free, there is a version included in the Reaper installer (and of course there is a VST version available on Loser's website, hosted by Asseca). It has no GUI but is good. It became my go-to track limiter in all my Reaper projects.

Stillwell's limiter is Event Horizon, it was released several months ago. It can be very good on some stuff, punchy and bright. The good point is that when it is not that good, you hear it in a second, and when it is good, it is a banger.

sinkmusic wrote:
bduffy wrote:Stillwell makes a limiter? What's "MGA"? :shock:
Bduffy ? You ??? You didn't tried yet the MGA limiter ? :D

It is "Michael Gruhn AUdio", aka "Loser", who did a transparent limiter which is rather efficient for transparent limiting, and awesome at -120 db threshold too !
It is free, there is a version included in the Reaper installer (and of course there is a VST version available on Loser's website, hosted by Asseca). It has no GUI but is good. It became my go-to track limiter in all my Reaper projects.
Oh! LOSER's stuff? Yeah, of course I've tried it. Makes sense now. Can't remember now what I thought...probably loved it, his stuff is great. Thanks for reminding me, I'll grab it now.
sinkmusic wrote:Stillwell's limiter is Event Horizon, it was released several months ago. It can be very good on some stuff, punchy and bright. The good point is that when it is not that good, you hear it in a second, and when it is good, it is a banger.
Yeah...er...ew..not a big fan of Stillwell's dynamics stuff. I'll give it a shot against the Aradaz one, for fun!

MGA limiter is aiming at transparency. Spectrogram tell that it is indeed transaprent, and my ear is pleased, too ;)

Stillwell's Event Horizon is good in the sense that it won't fit to any situation (so indeed it is hard to tell if it is "good or bad", but when it works, it works damn fine).

Return to “Effects”