Release: BootEQmkII (was BootEQ 1.1 ...)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I will report the Reaper issues back to Outsim (again, already did that last year). I don't see that I can workaround that on my own since I'm pretty much sure that this is ressource (memory) allocation related somewhere in the underlaying framework.

But meanwhile you can help me to finally track down the "loading time" issue which some users do have with the plug-ins. I think I already do have a proper fix for this one - all tests are positiv so far - but I just need a broader test coverage to be 100% sure.

So, if you are observing abnormal loading times of one of my plug-ins (up to 5 to 10 sec typical if you are affected) please drop me a PM or leave a short note here. I will instruct you then to perform a simple test (needs just some minutes).

peace,
bootsy
follow me on Image

..no problems with loading times here, but i do get crashes in Renoise with multiple instances of BootEQ. It appears to be GUI related and happens upon closing the song/loading a new song. Pc xp SP3 32 bit. Thanks btw for an otherwise excellent EQ!
'This too shall pass'

I just downloaded and tried this thing.........this is FREEWARE? wow.....shouldn't say this but I would pay for this :-)
thanks for this.
rsp
sound sculptist

johnrrrrrr wrote:Also there are really not that many talented people out of the thousands who post on the internet about mixing sound. Sure, they think they're talented but its a real God given skill to discern subtle changes in quality
God gave you skills. It's your job to develop them. And the problem for most people is the work part on their end. It's like playing an instrument. You have to work on it, you have to practice to become good.

Shogger (back to rehearsal) :hihi:
What?

shogger wrote: God gave you skills. It's your job to develop them. And the problem for most people is the work part on their end. It's like playing an instrument. You have to work on it, you have to practice to become good.
indeed!
follow me on Image

johnrrrrrr wrote:
awesome-force wrote:The animation of the tube when you turn it on is cool.

Bootsie should really start charging a little for future releases, he could pull off charging fifty U.S. dollars,
Somebody circle stomp this guy :)
Sorry man, I know you are joking, but in all seriousness why would someone do the best they can for no pay?

That guy made a whole thread moaning about Bootsies plugs, I couldn't help but think that he wouldn't have moaned and thought they were better if they weren't free!

All I'm saying is that I think they are worth money now! And Bootsies plugs are only going to get better from here on in.

As for the loading times... who cares?! so they take ten seconds to load instead of two... who cares? once it's loaded it's loaded! what's a few extra seconds out of a one hour mixing session?!

awesome-force wrote:
johnrrrrrr wrote:
awesome-force wrote:The animation of the tube when you turn it on is cool.

Bootsie should really start charging a little for future releases, he could pull off charging fifty U.S. dollars,
Somebody circle stomp this guy :)
Sorry man, I know you are joking, but in all seriousness why would someone do the best they can for no pay?

That guy made a whole thread moaning about Bootsies plugs, I couldn't help but think that he wouldn't have moaned and thought they were better if they weren't free!

All I'm saying is that I think they are worth money now! And Bootsies plugs are only going to get better from here on in.

As for the loading times... who cares?! so they take ten seconds to load instead of two... who cares? once it's loaded it's loaded! what's a few extra seconds out of a one hour mixing session?!
Okay, got it. That's enough, now.
I still think, your punctuation sucks, and your spelling isn't cool! So there...

That's strange : Reaper can't see BootEq. THe plugin is shown in Live and Ext2's browsers, but when i type "boot", or "eq" or "bootsy", it doesn't shows itin the list.
Does anyone uses it with sucess in Reaper ?

sinkmusic wrote:Does anyone uses it with sucess in Reaper ?
yes

Sink, it works fine here and in my FX window it's called: BootEQmkII (bootsy)

I've had similar problems with another plugin but it got solved when I moved the plug to another folder and restarted reaper. (moved the plug back later and still working).

ok, that's strange.
LF, i just tried your workaround, and it didn't work. It is the third plugin which acts the same way in Reaper (the 2 others being Audio Damage Kombinat and DIscoDSP Vertigo).
I'll submitt that to the Reaper forum.

sinkmusic wrote:ok, that's strange.
LF, i just tried your workaround, and it didn't work. It is the third plugin which acts the same way in Reaper (the 2 others being Audio Damage Kombinat and DIscoDSP Vertigo).
I'll submitt that to the Reaper forum.
sink, try unchecking this in prefs then rescan:

Thank you, SInzero, after some crashes while scanning, it worked.

Bootsie,

This plug in is FANTASTIC!
I used it to remaster some songs this weekend and it is just terrific.
Works perfectly in Tracktion 2.

Thanks so much for your generosity!

I also noticed that bootsie's plugins can't be tweaked when loaded in Acon Digital Media plugin chainer...pity...but I can live with it :)

Return to “Effects”