New incredible Voice doubling plugin

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Effects discussion
Optomadic
KVRAF
6125 posts since 18 Oct, 2007

Post Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:23 am

BTW I've gotten this to work great on bass, shakers and some synths. I hope everyone is trying it on many different mono recordings (please post your experience ;))!
stay juicy!

Optomadic
KVRAF
6125 posts since 18 Oct, 2007

Post Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:53 am

Heres my 1st stab at stereoizing a mix with a bunch of mono tracks.I A/B'd between the different states.

http://www.divshare.com/download/5507595-a64

I used a separate instance on each track and modulated the ADT pan for the shakers.

Next I'm going to try some layering and actual doubling of vocals ;). Still can't belive the control you get with this over some payware doublers.
stay juicy!

BoyWonder
KVRist
355 posts since 21 May, 2006

Post Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:00 am

I've tried this in Cubase SX. Cant seem to get anything out of it? Can someone explain the channel routing? Shouild I put this on a stereo channel or a a mono?
"Producing music so bad, even TIMBALAND won't rip it off"

BoyWonder
KVRist

Post Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:10 am

Anyone else using in SX?

dacaumodo
KVRAF
2541 posts since 22 Jun, 2004 from Paris. Well, not far.

Post Mon Oct 06, 2008 12:45 pm

I've just slapped this on a master channel: instant (excessive) spacialization. This thing is awesome - I wish there was a dry/wet knob there, would solve a lot of spacialization headaches!

Melkor
KVRian
954 posts since 25 Feb, 2008 from Sydney, Australia

Post Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:10 pm

Boywonder ..... yeah im keen to whack some axes through it in nuendo but im kinda wondering exactly how to route it (ie how can a mono track in cubendo output stereo?, where is the other side coming out?).

Dac, im sure i saw an ADT/dry slider on the GUI?
Prestissimo in Moto Perpetuo

BoyWonder
KVRist

Post Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:26 pm

It just doesnt work.

I reckon that this is some kinda in-joke. Vapourware?

Frantiac
KVRist
314 posts since 12 Dec, 2006

Post Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:34 pm

I'm no expert by any means but I seem to be getting good results in Cubase SX by putting the effect on a stereo track, clicking on the little black rectangle above the insert slots, selecting the "routing" option, then breaking the right channel connection. That way there's a mono input and a stereo output. Hope that helps ...

...and vapourware it is NOT - it sounds amazing :love:

dacaumodo
KVRAF
2541 posts since 22 Jun, 2004 from Paris. Well, not far.

Post Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:55 pm

Melkor wrote: Dac, im sure i saw an ADT/dry slider on the GUI?
Maybe I tried it too quickly, I'll check again.

skipscada
KVRian
1477 posts since 22 Oct, 2004 from Schmocation

Post Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:26 pm

Wow! I tried this on a track and won a Goldene Schallplatte!

DuX
KVRAF
3765 posts since 15 Mar, 2002 from Underworld

Post Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:34 pm

Extremely useful, logical, simple, efficient, good sounding doubler. No gimmicks, fancy GUI or bloated code. Compare this to making something similar with a delay, and you'll understand why I'm so thrilled.

Brilliant! :) I give it 11/10 :). btw. it's one of the most used effects in any production. This one will be used and abused excessively here.

Cheers! and Thanks!
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

dusted william
KVRAF
4817 posts since 18 Dec, 2000

Post Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:37 pm

For the dedicated live users. Is there really no way to use this correctly in Live?

dw

SongMonkey
KVRist
363 posts since 13 Apr, 2004 from NYC, USA

Post Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:41 pm

I do love this effect. Thank you for such a tremendous gift to the community.

But is it possible to ask if we could bump up the AMOUNT of wow and flutter we can add to the ADT signal? :pray: I realize you built this thing to spec of (either) the Telefunken two track or the Studer four track, but I'd argue they weren't absolutely perfectly on spec. But that's just my logical argument. My real argument is that I can choose to keep these to the spec parameters for some sessions, but I would LOVE to have the freedom to push the wow and flutter further in the interest of creative sound-making.

Thanks again, VERY much, for this wonderful gift.

Cheers.
:)

meister eder
KVRian
980 posts since 25 Feb, 2003

Post Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:01 pm

dusted william wrote:For the dedicated live users. Is there really no way to use this correctly in Live?
There is a way: Use the VST instead of the AU.

Elffin
KVRist
98 posts since 15 Oct, 2007 from Wales

Post Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:11 am

Hi just checking, it states that the plugins are 64bit - which is cool... but when I use it I don't get the gui as in the screenshot on the website and it runs through bit bridge. any ideas ? (I use Sonar 8 64bit)

Return to “Effects”