New incredible Voice doubling plugin

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Effects discussion
dacaumodo
KVRAF
2541 posts since 22 Jun, 2004 from Paris. Well, not far.

Post Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:03 pm

Been using it a lot lately. Make sure you check you global mix in mono though, because if you slap it on the main vocals with high settings, you might find the vocals actually loose a bit of punch (as with most modulation effects, of course).

Still, I love this plug.

SuperFly76
KVRAF
1853 posts since 21 Sep, 2004 from Musician, Recording Engineer, Producer

Post Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:25 pm

Elffin wrote:Hi just checking, it states that the plugins are 64bit - which is cool... but when I use it I don't get the gui as in the screenshot on the website and it runs through bit bridge. any ideas ? (I use Sonar 8 64bit)
You should be using the installer for a 64 bit system, second one down for windows 64 bit. My suspicion is that you downloaded the first version since it is using bitbridge. Make sure you are using this one: http://vacuumsound.nullmedium.de/getfil ... 4_v1.0.zip

I don't have a 64 bit system to confirm, but you should not have to use bitbridge for this. Bitbridge is only needed to run dlls coded for a 32 bit os in a 64 bit application.
My band eluvia | FB | Tweets | SC | Me on ABC

thomekk
KVRAF
2601 posts since 3 May, 2003 from Germany

Post Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:58 am

Wow, this is indeed a very cool and useful one.
Just tried it out on an acoustic rhytmguitar - works like a charme in FL here :D
Thx for pointing this out!
Meet the Cities Repair Team
Unimportant laughter YouTube
music has become meaningless...we're just keep doing it

KingMixer
KVRer
1 posts since 11 Sep, 2009

Post Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:20 pm

I haven't seen anybody ask about Pro tools yet. Does it even work in Pro Tools 8??

JeffSanders
KVRian
1119 posts since 29 Jun, 2004 from within you without you

Post Fri Sep 11, 2009 4:10 pm

SongMonkey wrote:I do love this effect. Thank you for such a tremendous gift to the community.

But is it possible to ask if we could bump up the AMOUNT of wow and flutter we can add to the ADT signal? :pray: I realize you built this thing to spec of (either) the Telefunken two track or the Studer four track, but I'd argue they weren't absolutely perfectly on spec. But that's just my logical argument. My real argument is that I can choose to keep these to the spec parameters for some sessions, but I would LOVE to have the freedom to push the wow and flutter further in the interest of creative sound-making.

Thanks again, VERY much, for this wonderful gift.

Cheers.
:)
+1 8)

Tinker
KVRer
20 posts since 9 Feb, 2009

Post Sat Sep 12, 2009 12:17 am

ADT AU doesn't work with Leopard Logic 9 intel mac. :(

Poor plate is probably the best free reverb ever. I thought the UAD Plate 140 is the best plate emulation ever but the poor plate is seriously good.

Keiffer
KVRist
34 posts since 20 Sep, 2007

Post Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:50 am

ADT is pretty cool, but it does suffer from the occasional image shift.

michael2
KVRAF
2166 posts since 17 Jan, 2008

Post Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:53 am

YUGA wrote:Logic successfully validated this plug-in but it doesn't show up!
Anyone know how to use this in Logic?

Thank you.
not sure if someone answered this or not, but this will only work in Logic on a mono track. I had the same thing happen to me.
macbook pro 2.88 GHz Intel Core Duo, 10 gigs ram, 750GB HD, Logic Studio 9
my blog and some music:
http://rabbitearsmotel.wordpress.com/

Krakatau
KVRAF
5613 posts since 25 May, 2002 from Bobo-dioulasso\BF__Geneva/CH

Post Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:10 pm

only on mono track, true

just keep this in mind...

BudUgly
KVRer
1 posts since 16 Oct, 2009 from Mesa, AZ

Post Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:59 am

Hi there, Has anyone else attempted using this plugin in GarageBand? I haven't seen any literature saying that wouldn't work with that software, yet I have not been able to get it to load even after placing the plugins in the appropriate folders. Any ideas that you can offer?

By the way, here's my current system:

G5 dual 1.8, 3 gigs RAM, GarageBand 3.0
Last edited by BudUgly on Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

djsubject
KVRAF
10826 posts since 26 Nov, 2004 from UK

Post Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:07 am

just popping in to say i use this alot on dub plate sessions with only 1 backing track

not as good as real double tracking but better that any other doubling plugin i have tested!!

:)

Subz

bronxsound
KVRAF
1676 posts since 17 Dec, 2002 from Yorkshire

Post Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:07 am

I got it for some time. And it ROCKS!!!

Andywanders
KVRAF
2624 posts since 3 Aug, 2003 from Narnia

Post Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:05 pm

Never really been a fan of ADT effects. I prefer more natural-sounding vocals personally.

But I did check it out and yeah, I agree it is very good. I might use it for effect occasionally rather than on a whole vocal track.

I also checked out the plate reverb... Now THAT definitely ROCKS. One of the nicest sounding plates-in-a-plug I've heard.

Thanks for that.

Cheers

headquest
KVRAF
7486 posts since 6 Jul, 2004

Post Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:39 pm

This is great, and nicely fills a gap in my effect folder. Big thanks to the developer for this :tu:

LeVzi
KVRAF
2348 posts since 8 Jul, 2008 from UK

Post Sat Oct 17, 2009 4:46 pm

Parisongs wrote:Anyone tried the reverb effect this guy just released as well?
I'm always partial to a new verb plugin, and I have to be honest, this one's blown me out of the water.

Maybe not what everyone will think of as a great plate verb, but it is exactly the kind of verb i've been endlessly searching for to add that certain something to bits of my tracks.

Funny isn't it, you just look at something out of curiosity then stumble across a plugin, you think yeah i'll try it, and boom, it fits into the jigsaw like a glove, or a jigsaw of a glove, you know what I mean.

Actually made me sit up in my chair at 1:45am, which is always an acheivement.

Return to “Effects”