d16 Decimort

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

It's out now, so tell me your thoughts.

I'm expecting it to be abolutely first class based on their other stuff...

I would have expected at least a few types of decimators.

Already have it. This sounds amazing. Very clean dirtiness!

I really love decimort - not too expensive either. It's very very smooth, and it's possibly to get some crazy effects with the dual filters/left/right stereo etc. It also comes with the same (or similar at least) pre-amp section of devastor, which is nearly worth the purchase alone.

Why is there No Demo Version?

There is a demo version, I just used it!

Uhm...is anyone else getting a MASSIVE CPU hit with this? :shock:

have you tried the cheaper version?

Kriminal wrote:have you tried the cheaper version?
Enough with the spam. This thread is not about you.

I hope they offer the whole "silver collection" at a discount.

So, no one noticed massive CPU on this?

Now that I've tried it, one instance of Decimort, with or without the AA switch, no filtering, with bit or sample reduction knobs anywhere, runs about 9-10% CPU on my 1.86 GHz Core 2 Duo. The filter adds 0-1%.

mda Degrade sounds just as good or better IMHO, and shows up as 0-1%. To be fair, mda Degrade isn't true stereo, but a little routing and another instance will fix that.

i like the "sample reducer" by TbT

http://hem.bredband.net/tbtaudio/
whooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa !!!

foosnark wrote:Now that I've tried it, one instance of Decimort, with or without the AA switch, no filtering, with bit or sample reduction knobs anywhere, runs about 9-10% CPU on my 1.86 GHz Core 2 Duo. The filter adds 0-1%.

mda Degrade sounds just as good or better IMHO, and shows up as 0-1%. To be fair, mda Degrade isn't true stereo, but a little routing and another instance will fix that.
Yeah, looks like this thing is not single-core friendly; it's running at about 30-40% CPU on mine. Ouch! :shock:

Yep, the sound is awesome, but the cpu hit is also. baaaad.
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

Sebastian from d16 wrote in d16 forum:

Hi,
I'm afraid Decimort cannot be optimized significantly (few percents max), mainly because we applied there the latest DSP algorithms developed after the year 2000, among the others band limited wave shaping, it was necessary to achieve high quality sound of Decimort. We decided to do so, instead making ordinary oversampling, because modern processors became very powerfull, and it's the right time to use modern algorightms providing the highest possible quality.

Best regards,
Sebastian

Those others bitcrushers mentioned on this thread just can't compare with Decimort, really. So boys, go shop for a modern machine(musician really should) 8)
Last edited by Igro on Fri Oct 10, 2008 6:16 am, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Effects”