Cytomic 'The Glue' Compressor

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
The Glue

The Glue was just as good when it came out as it was now. I'm not throwing out the tracks I made with it, and so I am not throwing it out as a plug-in either.
Yes, I have more flavors of compression now but the glue still does its thing well and, perhaps most importantly, I know what to expect out of it, making it a great workhorse for the things in my music that depends on it.

It is pity that Mid/Side processing is still missing

/* whitenoise */
Last edited by noiseresearch on Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
/* whitenoise */ /* abandon */ /* reincarnated */

resistent wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 4:38 pm Sorry for being off topic. Want to know is Cytomic is running sales sometimes or offering an education discount. Thanks.
IIRC Scream has a beta period discount price; and if you own Cytomic plugin(s) you get discounts on buying more.

wow I started this thread in 2008...almost 12 years ago....
Presets for u-he Diva -> http://swanaudio.co.uk/

SWAN808 wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:50 pm wow I started this thread in 2008...almost 12 years ago....
Congrats :D
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

SWAN808 wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:50 pm wow I started this thread in 2008...almost 12 years ago....
Yes thank you for breaking the news. It’s actually been a while since I fired up the glue, as my ears and mixing has matured it will be fun to re-evaluate it.
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

Still on just about every mix I make.
Curdle Your Nurdle.

Wow, 12 years! Its time for v2/hd version...Andy, please!!!

GMDuss wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 11:15 pm Still on just about every mix I make.
+1, it just works.

Aiynzahev wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 2:22 am
Yes thank you for breaking the news. It’s actually been a while since I fired up the glue, as my ears and mixing has matured it will be fun to re-evaluate it.
no probs its a beast of a thread but signals really the start of component modelled native plugins I'd say...the market is now saturated with them and loads of great plugins for afforable cost...

It's a pity that Andy is MIA. Like he is ready to Steven Slate it

He must have a day job, or he seriously spends all his time for years and years developing and maintaining just 3 plugins. Whatever the case, I hope Andy's doing great and I too am looking forward to the Glue's "HD" mode update.

In saying that, The Glue is already very "High Definition" with true 64-bit processing in and out, and a great oversampling system with user choice of minimum or linear phase filtering. I don't know how you can get much more "HD" than that, other than some kind of super offline-only render mode that calculates every sample closer to analog than any CPU can handle in realtime.

MogwaiBoy wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 3:49 am He must have a day job, or he seriously spends all his time for years and years developing and maintaining just 3 plugins. Whatever the case, I hope Andy's doing great and I too am looking forward to the Glue's "HD" mode update.

In saying that, The Glue is already very "High Definition" with true 64-bit processing in and out, and a great oversampling system with user choice of minimum or linear phase filtering. I don't know how you can get much more "HD" than that, other than some kind of super offline-only render mode that calculates every sample closer to analog than any CPU can handle in realtime.
The Glue doesnt have nonlinearities and thd of the real unit, it only has the proper env follower afaik, hence the glue hd update which will have that. Definitely cant wait. But yes, its getting weird with that slowness and pace of updates?!

yes I wonder if he decided to seek employment in other companies which he was doing for fxpansion in the past etc....I'm sure there are plenty of software houses who would welcome him...

Return to “Effects”