2C-Aether Reverb

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Aether

Copy Protection is in the form of a Serial Number. We do not use strong-arm copy protections methods involving dongles or challenge/response or similar.

A SN is assigned to a Single User. We register this number to you specifically when you purchase with us. If you as a Single User have multiple computers that you use, this is not a problem for us. If you use both Mac and Win platforms (like I do myself actually) we can provide installers for both at no additional cost.

This is a system that we have chosen to be as flexible as possible for customers. Obviously it exposes us to some risk. It is our hope that people will honor the intentions of this system and not abuse it. Our Serial number section of the GUI says the following:

"Do unto others as you would have done to yourself. Please do not steal."

Generally speaking, so long as you are within those parameters, we are happy to go above and beyond to help customers in whatever way needed.

Thanks for the -fast- answer and clarification Andrew.
Much appreciated.

Now just two questions left : :help:

1/ Is Aether resellable.(ie licence transfers allowed)

2/ Will the intro period be extended ( Afaik it ends ....... tomorrow :shrug: and as I already missed the first intro price at 149$ :bang: but probably won't purchase it at full price, as I already have several HW big Lexs and Sonys, as well as the common Sw revs. -This is not a rant on the final price though, just my personal situation-)

Btw Aether sounds superb imho. And some of the audios demos were just ...... well ....... awsome :tu:

LtZ
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

As an existing Galbanum customer, I know there is a good chance I buy Aether if the intro price is extended. I am currently test-driving Aether and I am very interested so far. And since I am in the market for a new reverb plug-in...

I like what I am hearing so far. Very flexible.

1) Yes. We will allow license transfers for 2CAudio software/plugin products. (*)
2) Yes we have decided to extend the intro offer until June 01, 2009.

(* this does not apply to Galbanum products, which are generally lower cost, content-based items.)

Also to be clear, the $149.95 price that we did in Dec was a pre-release special that was supposed to be a semi-private offer that found its way onto the "information superhighway" :-o This price was offered to those brave souls who persevered our Cyan and Magenta color scheme,:oops: and helped us refine the final 1.0 feature set etc. It functioned almost like one step removed from a public beta. Sort of, at least. Everything was very stable and usable already at that point, but we were still refining things some. Anyway, the point is that this price was meant to reward people who participated in that phase and contributed some input or helped us out in some way. So you should not feel like you missed out on anything.

Thanks again for your fast answer Andrew.

Well I can eventually be a brave soul from times to times, and I usually survive Cyan and Magenta Guis, beeing more interested in the sound that in the colours of a plugin.

I just erf ......... completely missed the thread at that time ..... :shrug: :oops: :oops:

LtZ
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

I applaud your decision on the S/N route. Having just done a HD replacement and re-image , It truly sucks looking at plugs that all need to be re-authorized !!.......Major time waster .

I've read that people theorize that the reason many dev's that punish there users with C/R and Dongles charge more because they know there going to lose sales from folks who won't abide by that Copy protection no matter which product it may be .

Now I'm no buisness major , but it seems that you have decided to go the less volume /better margins route with your present pricing structure. I'm not even talking about the $350 level, which to me is beyond the pale. I would say that you might want to increase the volume of sales with a compromise on price. Really , I picked AAR up this last holiday season for a great price , and even on "sale" I don't see how your reverb is $150-$200 more reverb than that or CSR.

I do wish you luck , and wonder if it will sell allot in this present economy. This is all from a reverb Junky , who (believe it or not ) would'nt mind adding this to his VST folder :( ,

:D Maybe I'll win the lottery :D ..............

'
'
'
'

Galbanum wrote:CPU usage is highly optimized as compared to the quality of the algorithm. I can get just over 100 instances on 2008 model 8 Core Mac Pro (8* 2.8 ) (44.1 session, 1024 buffer). I can get approximately 40 instances on a first generation (2006?) 4 core Mac Pro (2.66). I recommend downloading and trying the demo on your particular machine to see how it performs (though the demo does not allow multiple instances).

We are unlikely to support PPC. We realize that many people still use this platform but we think we are at the very tail end of this phase, and the release of the new Nehalem Macs a few weeks ago, and the upcoming release of Snow Leopard will make this more clear. This decision has cost us some short term Mac sales I am quite sure, but it is a short term, 6 month sacrifice that we have made in order to be better positioned for the future. PPC is dead in Apple's eyes, as far as I can tell (from various public web forums etc), so we do best to focus on increasing and optimizing our Intel code. We really do use a lot of SSE/Asembly in our code and it takes a good deal of focus to really excel at these kind of optimizations. As a new company it is an advantage for us to be able to start with a clean slate and not worry about supporting legacy platforms. Our customers will benefit strongly from this in the long term, though, admittedly we do isolate some potential customers in the short term. The only way we might consider PPC is if someone, (i.e. a potential customer) organized a (large-ish) group of people who were all interested in purchasing for PPC.

We are also considering extending the intro offer pricing a little longer in order to give PPC users time to update their systems. Before I get flamed, I am NOT suggesting that people go out and buy a new computer just to use our plugin. What I am saying, is that we have heard from many, many people that they were holding out on PPC waiting for this latest generation of intel machines to make the switch. A lot of people are doing that now, or will be in the next few months. (I myself was one of them in fact. I was on a Quad G5 until two weeks ago. Now I opted to get a deal on a 2008 model 8 * 2.8.) In consideration of this we may extend the intro price until June 01, to give as many people as possible a chance to participate in the intro pricing. Thoughts?
Im confused. I purchased a new macbook pro at the start of 2008 and your demo is not compatible with my machine. So what do you mean power PC's are at the end of the line? I have an Intel mac machine but your demo does not show up in my plug-in folder so I assumed that I must have what is known as a power PC Apple mac. Hmm...I wouldnt spend £2,500 on a new computer if I thought a company would not make plug-ins compatible with it.
Albert Einstein: “If I were not a physicist, I would probably be a musician. I often think in music. I live my daydreams in music. I see my life in terms of music. ... I get most joy in life out of music.”

Andrew,

What are your thoughts on doing a group buy if enough people seem intersted? I don't mean to join the price whining, but I too was interested in this plug-in until I realized how much it's going for. And it's not as if I'm shy about investing a good amount of money into audio equipment, either.

Jay-Producer wrote:I purchased a new macbook pro at the start of 2008
Not a PPC Mac: Apple stopped using the PPC chip in 2006.
If you like 80s retro sounds, check out my latest tune…

Jay-Producer wrote: Im confused. I purchased a new macbook pro at the start of 2008 and your demo is not compatible with my machine. So what do you mean power PC's are at the end of the line? I have an Intel mac machine but your demo does not show up in my plug-in folder so I assumed that I must have what is known as a power PC Apple mac. Hmm...I wouldnt spend £2,500 on a new computer if I thought a company would not make plug-ins compatible with it.
I believe you're thinking of an Ultra Power PC. Power PCs were the macs before your model. You have an "Ultra Power PC." Unfortunately, those too seem to not be supported.

PPC= PowerPC = IBM/Motorola G3, G4, G5 CPUs that Apple used up until 2006 before switching to Intel.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PowerPC
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apple_Inc.

All Macs after this transition point are Intel machines.

So your machine should work fine. What OS are you running? X.4 or X.5? What host?

aplats wrote:
Jay-Producer wrote: Im confused. I purchased a new macbook pro at the start of 2008 and your demo is not compatible with my machine. So what do you mean power PC's are at the end of the line? I have an Intel mac machine but your demo does not show up in my plug-in folder so I assumed that I must have what is known as a power PC Apple mac. Hmm...I wouldnt spend £2,500 on a new computer if I thought a company would not make plug-ins compatible with it.
I believe you're thinking of an Ultra Power PC. Power PCs were the macs before your model. You have an "Ultra Power PC." Unfortunately, those too seem to not be supported.
I just got it to work. I re-installed it and gave it a test. First time it doesn't show, then after re-installing it does. Very weird.
Albert Einstein: “If I were not a physicist, I would probably be a musician. I often think in music. I live my daydreams in music. I see my life in terms of music. ... I get most joy in life out of music.”

How would you compare this to CSR? I personally think this reverb is way better than CSR. Far more natural sounding.

My only two critics of this product are:

- The GUI is MASSIVE and way too big.
- My sounds get drowned too much in the reverb compared to most other reverbs. So what I mean is my sound gets lost and loses a lot of volume because of this.

Bad points:

- As above
- Will take a while to know how to use it properly as it is over whelming at first.
- I don't like the fact that you do not have and +/- for the space section, meaning you can't go back only forward and even then you have to guess what part you have to click on.
- I don't like the fact that you don't have any pre-sets for the EQ section just like you do for the space section.
- Way too expensive. Crikey, how much did you!

Good points:

- Lovely sounding, very realistic.
- I personally like the layout of the GUI but it is too big.
- Lots of good pre-sets
- Like the pictures in the space section but I feel these could be made clearer.

Jay-Producer wrote:
aplats wrote:
I just got it to work. I re-installed it and gave it a test. First time it doesn't show, then after re-installing it does. Very weird.
I was just making a joke. I'm glad it's showing up for you now!
Last edited by aplats on Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Effects”