Redline Reverb!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

bmanic wrote:A bit too much of "glow" to that skin but otherwise it's pretty spiffy.

I'm digging this reverb quite a lot. Funny if it's the same as R66 as I didn't like that one at all. Perhaps I've learned to appreciate these slightly grainy reverbs lately.. who knows.
grainy? I find this one one the smooth ones. When I think grainy I rayspace or even AAR.

What would you say is a smooth (non-grainy) reverb? (out of curiosity)

I agree "Echoes in the attic".
I hear nothing grainy. Rayspace is for me grainy.

Yeah, I found this much more impressive in its current incarnation. Perhaps it's because it's red now. Total placebo! :shrug:

bmanic wrote:A bit too much of "glow" to that skin
wow i was thinking the same thing dude....:)

Ya Scott your skin need to turn down its bling factor. Less bloom and hollywood contrast. Could turn out quite tasty with a bit of tweaking, though I have to say the original GUI is quite nice already.

I dunno: I kinda like the "bling" factor. I was concerned it was too much glow, but it seems like it works here. Maybe it's just in contrast to the original.

djanthonyw wrote:... Also, 112db will be offering a generous crossgrade discount to R66 owners.
:-o :shock: I was hoping this would be the case, but hadn't seen anything posted.

Any news on when or how this will be implemented?

JD

Well I'm one of the beta testers and when I asked about it let's just say that it's EXTREMELY generous. ;) I don't know if I'm able to actually say what the percentage off is, but it's quite a lot.
Last edited by djanthonyw on Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You are currently reading my signature.

Hey DJ from 112, can you enlighten me a bit on what's changed/improved in the engine since Spacemaster? Although I think redline is great, I'm sort of on the fence since I have reaktor. This is your chance to sell me on it!

Echoes in the Attic wrote:
bmanic wrote:A bit too much of "glow" to that skin but otherwise it's pretty spiffy.

I'm digging this reverb quite a lot. Funny if it's the same as R66 as I didn't like that one at all. Perhaps I've learned to appreciate these slightly grainy reverbs lately.. who knows.
grainy? I find this one one the smooth ones. When I think grainy I rayspace or even AAR.

What would you say is a smooth (non-grainy) reverb? (out of curiosity)
Well it is definitely a bit "grainy", even at quite small room settings. Just run a rimshot through it and you'll hear "ra-ta-ta-ta-ta-ta-ta-ta" or "wow-wow-wow-wow-wobble" instead of "sphhhhhhhhhhhhhhzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz". :)

Grainy does NOT mean it's bad, not at all. Lexicon 300, 480, pcm60, pcm70, pcm80 etc are ALL grainy but still awesome.

Smooth would be TC6000 VSS3, Lexicon 960L, impulses of real rooms, halls, etc. They are simply denser without any repetitions heard.

In the plugin world I don't think you can get any really smooth algorithmic reverbs. Aether can be tweaked to be really quite smooth and Arts Acoustic reverb as well if you don't use the early reflections.

Personally I prefer a slightly grainy reverb as it tends to work better in a pop/rock/dense arrangement. For more acoustic music where you need "realistic" spaces, you'd probably want more density but this can be easily achieved with impulse reverbs.

Cheers!
bManic
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

Okay, playtime at last! So... with all these references to the Lexicons in the presets... were these algorithms intended to be emulations of the mentioned reverbs? Or are those just names?

Actually, my first impression is that this reminds me a bit of the PCM70. Which is a good thing! There's a certain warmth and character - and liveliness here that I'm really liking and that I haven't always found with plugin verbs. Equally importantly, I'm getting some of that special magic that one doesn't often find. So, my first impression is: very well done indeed! That and given the affordable price I would say that it looks like you have a definite winner here!

So far, and again, first impression... amongst other uses, I can see myself easily using this live. The fairly clear and readable gui also makes that a possibility. The other nice thing is that 112dBs licensing scheme means one doesn't have to worry about losing or breaking a dongle while travelling either.

As I said, looking (and sounding) like a real winner! Congratulations, guys! :)
Available on iTunes, Amazon, etc.

a definate buy. I still have the R66 demo from eons back. I wept thinking I couldn't buy it. My first commercial reverb. :)

Well, I think the Redline is even less expensive than the R66 was, so there you go!

I've been playing with the demo all night and been having quite a lot of fun. Did a little bit using just this reverb. Might post it up somewhere maybe. With anything that comes out, it all depends on what you need. This seems to be exactly what I've been looking for!
Available on iTunes, Amazon, etc.

must admit this is one hot freaking verb. wow.
i unfortunately have spent too much on software as of late. lol
i already own my gs201 and springverb... also the old spinaudio roomverb2m2, which is pretty damn hot too.

hmmmmmmm i may let this one go... :( i love the sound though man .

RonC

bmanic wrote: Just run a rimshot through it and you'll hear "ra-ta-ta-ta-ta-ta-ta-ta" or "wow-wow-wow-wow-wobble" instead of "sphhhhhhhhhhhhhhzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz". :)
Finally a description I understand instead of "Warm"... :wink:

Nah, seriously, it's a nice reverb. Although I'm in more need of a "sphhhhhhhzzzzzzzz" in my toolbox so I'll probably skip it.

Btw, try to automate the ER/LR size while sending drums through it.
Makes some cool noise :)
//L

Return to “Effects”