ReLife 1.0 VST

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

LiteOn wrote:Naive question by a technical layman:

Wouldn't be a simple approach to reversion of a killed audio track level reduction followed by expansion? I know, there should be something more on top of that (transient treatment whatsoever). But basically this somehow should be the key to it, shouldn't it?

Cheers,
LiteOn
Doesn't FLux have a similar (and pricey) plugin ?

I have a hunch that Christian got the "bug", and eventually there will be another "revitalizer" plugin (some day...) in his delphi-asio-vst.

Or not?

sinkmusic wrote:Doesn't FLux have a similar (and pricey) plugin ?
I have no idea. :shrug:

Cheers,
LiteOn

Terry,

Any ideas on pricing for a 'Pro' version?
stay juicy!

mauseoleum wrote:I have a hunch that Christian got the "bug", and eventually there will be another "revitalizer" plugin (some day...) in his delphi-asio-vst.

Or not?
:shrug: Someone's already mentioned my DC06 entry EQ22 which a kinda multiband version of this technology; tho' I devised an algorithm I call 'Transient Dispersion' which I won't talk about ;)

I like what Terry's done here, I have a good idea about how it works, and applaud it. I wish the plug every success in the marketplace. I've found a place for it in a mix myself already!

LiteOn wrote:
sinkmusic wrote:Doesn't FLux have a similar (and pricey) plugin ?
I have no idea. :shrug:
Cheers,
LiteOn
There's a somewhat similar function, DeClipper, in iZotope's excellent noise reduction and restoration suite RX.

A related module in RX, Spectral Repair, is claimed to be able to save longer segments where DeClipper draws a blank.

So far, I've been in the happy situation that I haven't had to use either of these RX modules; I have used the various noise reduction modules with great success, though.

Of course, I have no idea if the RX tools work on a simliar principle as ReLife. I haven't seen any claim that they can restore the dynamics of an over-compressed mix or master.

Best,

Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

There is also a declipper in Cool Edit Pro 2 (and I guess then in Adobe Audition as well), in Nero WaveEditor, and another one as part of the Sonic Foundry audio restoration plugins bundled with Soundforge 5 (and perhaps also with subsequent versions I guess).

The one in Cool Edit at least use FFT as there is a FFT setting.

toine6 wrote:It's as if he's found a useful way to harness the power of that ex-girlfriend who always made a HUGE ordeal out of the smallest of things.
Yeah, had one of those once. This would have been very handy. :hihi:
We escape the trap of our own subjectivity by
perceiving neither black nor white but shades of grey

eidenk wrote:There is also a declipper in Cool Edit Pro 2 (and I guess then in Adobe Audition as well), in Nero WaveEditor, and another one as part of the Sonic Foundry audio restoration plugins bundled with Soundforge 5 (and perhaps also with subsequent versions I guess).

The one in Cool Edit at least use FFT as there is a FFT setting.
I'm not sure we're talking about the same thing, but after restoring a few hundred records manually in Audition (3 is the best for this), I eventually learned to eliminate or reduce distortion, sibilance and, of course clicks/pops. They all look very similar in spectral view.

thecontrolcentre wrote:Thanks for this Terry ... I'm gonna go re-master the CD version of Iggy's "Raw Power" with it. :)
It'll become Rawish Power, and better I'm sure. :)

eduardo_b wrote:
toine6 wrote:It's as if he's found a useful way to harness the power of that ex-girlfriend who always made a HUGE ordeal out of the smallest of things.
you had a girlfriend? :o

:D

TerryW wrote:Let me get this clear: v1.1 is still freeware and downloadable, only v1.2 is current restricted as a demo version.

Me and Agreed, and he agreed :) have a special conversation bout this.
Only see a link to 1.2 on the original post and I don't see a 1.1 link on your site. Not that I won't pay a nominal sum for the former.

shanecgriffo wrote:
eduardo_b wrote:
you had a girlfriend? :o

:D
Hilarious. Not the one I married, by the way. Feel sorry for her husband...if he's survived the distortion with no dynamic range. :hihi:

eduardo_b wrote:
TerryW wrote:Let me get this clear: v1.1 is still freeware and downloadable, only v1.2 is current restricted as a demo version.

Only see a link to 1.2 on the original post and I don't see a 1.1 link on your site. Not that I won't pay a nominal sum for the former.
The first link in the OP is to the freeware version, at the bottom he has 1.2.

Agreed wrote:
eduardo_b wrote:

The first link in the OP is to the freeware version, at the bottom he has 1.2.
Okay...thanks for pointing that out.

Return to “Effects”