2CAudio Breeze | 2.5 | Simple. Light. Pristine. Intelligently Adaptive.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Breeze

sqigls wrote:one thing that has taken a step backwards is the filter sliders are missing. So the quick 2-finger scroll on the Macbook trackpad is now a deep-click (which sucks balls, especially for sufferers of carpel tunnel),
Andrew Souter wrote:I understand changing filter option requires an extra click now to goto the zoom view for more filter details. that's true. the idea is most casual users won't even change the filter-type. they will just adjust gain/freq of settings of filters in existing presets. And preset designers and advanced uses will appreciate all the extra detail on the zoom view. but maybe we can introduce a custom filter menu pop-up from right-click or something on the main view so that filter choices are accessible from the main page too. This would then be the same amount of physical actions as before.
ehem, well yes. Silly me didn't read anything and didn't realise there WAS a "zoom view". Double click on the picture, then i can use the Macbook trackpad '2-finger scroll' on the text input/display areas. Great!
sqigls wrote: and dragging the little circles seems to take forever!!!! The scaling is way out of the ballpark.
Andrew Souter wrote:what size GUI pref are you using? are you on a retina display?
the horizontal position of circle, should follow your mouse-movement exactly. does it not?
vertical position will not track exactly as vertical motion does different things depending on filter type.
let me know what gui size etc so I can check.
I mean, on the main page. Clicking and holding (deep clicking on the Macbook trackpad) then dragging the dot - I'd need to traverse the equivalent of 10 macbook screens in order to drag the dot all the way to the edge. I'm not on a retina, and I don't think it's isolated to any particular GUI size. I tried almost all of them.
sqigls wrote: Is there any way you could add mouse scroll/trackpad support for each circle?? pretty please? The sliders on v1 are so quick and easy to use!
Andrew Souter wrote:we'll have to think about it. scroll-wheel etc does work for knobs and sliders, but in order for it to work, the mouse has to hover over the target knob/slider. In these cases it is no problem bc the knob/slider position does not move. In the case of the circles, if you use mouse-wheel to move on, soon it will no longer be under the mouse position, and then the logic of when to engage such behavior is broken.

on the zoom view, mouse-wheel DOES work for all the numeric values on the right. Maybe that works for you?
again, sorry for wasting your time, it took me a few moments to realise what you meant by "the numeric values on the right". but yes, double clicking on either the filter or tail visualisation brings up all the parameters I need, so no problem, I think like you say - adding mouse-wheel support for the dots would probably cause unwanted side-effects.

I'll try to RTFM next time :clown:
cheers

sqigls wrote:
I'll try to RTFM next time :clown:
well you can't exactly be blamed for not RTFM when in fact I have not completed and posted it yet. :oops: So no blame.

re the trackpad tracking for the dots/circles/nodes, we will look into it. Thanks! :tu:

SJ_Digriz wrote:I'm messing with one of my favorite Voyager patches and the updated "simply better" presets. On the FX patches, I'm just wondering if there is a way to get pseudo shimmer results? For example I've currently got the Nander's Dream doing the shift thing. But, it's lacking overtone emphasis. I've monkeyed around and can't quite get there. Any suggestions?
https://soundcloud.com/jmcecil/nanders-patch
We don't have a pitch shifter in breeze 1. The "shimmer" sound is basically inserting a pitch shifter in the feedback loop. You really need the pitch shifter to get this exact effect. Maybe something we would consider for the future, but probably something more for B2 if we were to do it. Meanwhile Valhalla Shimmer is designed specifically for that kind of thing, as is good at what it does.

In Breeze the best you can hope for is to use ModMode B, and crank up the mod depth, and use large sizes. It's not quite the same thing as true shimmer though. Sounds like that is what you are doing already, or what i did with that particular preset or whatever...

My download attempts are all used up I think :(
I've downloaded "2C_Breeze_2_0_2_OSX.zip" with various browsers and download assistants...

I just get...
The operation couldn’t be completed. (com.apple.installer.pagecontroller error -1.)
Couldn't open "Install 2CAudio Breeze 2.0.2.mpkg".
every time

I've unzipped with various programs, including Mac OSX's built-in Archive Utility, but i just get the error every time i try to install.

I eventually just browsed the contents of the failing mpkg file and copied the "2cbreeze2-1.pkg, 2cbreeze2-2.pkg, 2cbreeze2.pkg, breeze2.pkg" files to the folder and double clicked each one until the plugin finally installed, but I have no idea if it's installed properly. It opens in my DAW and it's authorised, so... ?

I'm on OSX 10.9.5

Andrew Souter wrote:
SJ_Digriz wrote:I'm messing with one of my favorite Voyager patches and the updated "simply better" presets. On the FX patches, I'm just wondering if there is a way to get pseudo shimmer results? For example I've currently got the Nander's Dream doing the shift thing. But, it's lacking overtone emphasis. I've monkeyed around and can't quite get there. Any suggestions?
https://soundcloud.com/jmcecil/nanders-patch
We don't have a pitch shifter in breeze 1. The "shimmer" sound is basically inserting a pitch shifter in the feedback loop. You really need the pitch shifter to get this exact effect. Maybe something we would consider for the future, but probably something more for B2 if we were to do it. Meanwhile Valhalla Shimmer is designed specifically for that kind of thing, as is good at what it does.

In Breeze the best you can hope for is to use ModMode B, and crank up the mod depth, and use large sizes. It's not quite the same thing as true shimmer though. Sounds like that is what you are doing already, or what i did with that particular preset or whatever...
Sure, I was able to get some slight pitch drift, which I was hoping would start getting closer. But, it's not a problem. I have B2 and some other options. I was just thinking about various applications for Breeze.
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

I'm checking out Breeze 2 on a base model iMacPro today. Wow! :o

Preliminary performance report is pretty insane. :tu:

and the GUI looks incredible on this display. It does not handle Retina scaling exactly correctly yet, but it looks more or less perfect to me anyway at default scaling and "more space" setting. Pixillation is only really an issue with the "Larger Text" settings, but I am not quite sure why anyone in music would use those settings. but anyway, we will figure out how to do it completely correctly and avoid all OS-level rescaling.

I'm also running Win10 via Parallels on this machine, and it seems to be drawing the GUI in literal pixels on the 5K desktop without any scaling... so here i can just select the 2880*1440 or even 3840*1920 GUI for example, and behold absolute pixel perfection.

Color on this display is incredible also! It seems to reproduce whole range of hues that older displays struggled with. It makes the color prefs SO COOL to play with. WOW! :o

More on performance later. Suffice to say these CPUs (and the Xeon equivalents) are quite amazing:

https://ark.intel.com/products/series/1 ... Processors

Denis is using this one:

https://ark.intel.com/products/123589/I ... o-4_00-GHz

It's reasonably priced and shows pretty incredible performance. :tu:

sqigls wrote:My download attempts are all used up I think :(
I've downloaded "2C_Breeze_2_0_2_OSX.zip" with various browsers and download assistants...

I just get...
The operation couldn’t be completed. (com.apple.installer.pagecontroller error -1.)
every time

I've unzipped with various programs, including Mac OSX's built-in Archive Utility, but i just get the error every time i try to install.

I eventually just browsed the contents of the failing mpkg file and copied the "2cbreeze2-1.pkg, 2cbreeze2-2.pkg, 2cbreeze2.pkg, breeze2.pkg" files to the folder and double clicked each one until the plugin finally installed, but I have no idea if it's installed properly. It opens in my DAW and it's authorised, so... ?

I'm on OSX 10.9.5
In VST Lord I get the following message...
Failed to load audio plug-in module (error code = dlopen(/Library/Application Support/2C-Audio/Breeze2/audplga.dylib, 6): no suitable image found. Did find:
/Library/Application Support/2C-Audio/Breeze2/audplga.dylib: mach-o, but wrong architecture). Plug-In is not properly installed.

sqigls wrote:I just get...
every time
Try using Charlessoft's Pacifist - I think it will do an install without needing the shareware payment. It often works when Apple's PackageMaker/installer combo fails and, in extremis, you can open up all the packages and simply copy the files by hand - the package structure tells you which folders to install into.

I've been throwing all sorts of orchestral sounds at Breeze 2 lately, here is a demo:

Processing orchestral samples (VSL) - strings (violas/cellos)- and brass (trombones) - with two dedicated presets from my expansion, Breeze 2 inserted directly on the tracks (identical preset for violas/cellos).

https://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/ ... rass-halls

And a female vocal phrase from one of my sound libraries processed with a preset from the “Vocal Plate“ folder - “Cathedral Plate“:

https://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/ ... dral-plate

Processing one of my Falcon pads with two fresh Breeze 2-presets - Eternal Darkness - Eternal Sun, in this case the signal was sent pre-fader to two busses with the dry signal track muted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXpv55pSBpo

The WINDOWS 2.0.3 version is online for existing customers:

https://www.designersound.com/mydownloads

2.0.3 WIN DEMO:
http://www.2caudio.com/sitecontent/prod ... n_Demo.zip

Changes:
  • AVX-512 Support for the ultimate performance on the most recent CPUs (a market first for pro-audio software?)
  • Other general final optimizations
  • Final Light Mode GUI & Several Light Mode Color Preference presets
  • All OSX GUI Artifacts are fixed
  • Added vertical scrollbar for the Browser page
  • Text Entry Edit States for Knobs, Sliders, and text boxes.
  • Fixed Numeric text entry in Cubase 9.x on Win 10.x
  • Fixed OSX High Sierra APFS file/folder name order issue
Known Issues:
  • NONE
We will post OSX versions tomorrow. This should be the final 2.0.x official release version unless someone finds something unexpected in the next couple days. Thanks for all your help guys! :tu:

Nuthin say's "I love you" quite like a new verb. :love: :love:

This Valentine's day give your significant DAW the gift of true love: Breeze 2.0. Your DAW will love you forever! :hug:

2.0.3 is available today and will be the final/official 2.0 release version. This is already the 4th update since December, and today we are adding AVX512 support for both platforms. I believe we are the first developer the industry to do so. (?) Yesterday i measured performance on an iMacPro (one of the first machines to support AVX512) compared to basically everything I could find and as far as i can tell, we are now the most efficient high quality verb on the market. Our lowest CPU presets beat even Lex PCM and VVV (the two fastest I could find, both using comparatively simple algs) on this machine. And our HIGHEST possible CPU-usage preset in Breeze 2 (which takes about 5 times as much CPU as the lowest preset) still beats most of the more complex recent releases. I've found the average preset is significantly faster than almost all the competition. We put a ton of effort into this topic because basically it is the only thing that people have ever been critical of regarding our verbs. We thought for years such gains were basically impossible, but we did in fact find a way to do it. :tu:

The 2.0.3 version is now online in BOTH OSX and WINDOWS formats for existing customers:

https://www.designersound.com/mydownloads

2.0.3 OSX DEMO:

2.0.3 WIN DEMO:

Changes:
  • AVX-512 Support for the ultimate performance on the most recent CPUs (a market first for pro-audio software?)
  • Other general final optimizations
  • Final Light Mode GUI & Several Light Mode Color Preference presets
  • All OSX GUI Artifacts are fixed
  • Added vertical scrollbar for the Browser page
  • Text Entry Edit States for Knobs, Sliders, and text boxes.
  • Fixed Numeric text entry in Cubase 9.x on Win 10.x
  • Fixed OSX High Sierra APFS file/folder name order issue
Known Issues:
  • NONE
This should be the final 2.0.x official release version unless someone finds something unexpected in the next couple days. Thanks for all your help guys! :tu:

Simon has just delivered his awesome expansion as well, which I'm going through now and will post shortly. And I'm now finishing the manual. :tu:

Hurray! :party: :phones:

So I know lots of people use external FX routing with their DAW to integrate external gear into their audio channel. I've been going the opposite way with internal FX routing :)

Modular out pre or post VCA -> audio input -> Audio Track with various FX (including Breeze2) -> audio out -> Modular mixer (mostly to get the level under control before the amp, going direct from the audio interface wasn't working well)-> Amp/cab

The point of all that is that Breeze sounds as good as any of the other "pedal" verbs I have. I think the Fender and Morgan springs still have a unique character that I so far can't get from a plugin or pedal for that matter.
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

Return to “Effects”