2CAudio Breeze | 2.5 | Simple. Light. Pristine. Intelligently Adaptive.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Breeze

i had downloaded it twice and trying to play guitar at 64 buffers (my test) got some slight pop noise now and then on some presets. Thought it sounded great and not trying to step on a party. My other reverbs do not do this. So it might be CPU friendly but not buffer friendly thus far

*ignore me

acousticglue wrote:i had downloaded it twice and trying to play guitar at 64 buffers (my test) got some slight pop noise now and then on some presets. Thought it sounded great and not trying to step on a party. My other reverbs do not do this. So it might be CPU friendly but not buffer friendly thus far
Thanks for your report. Could you please let us know your host, OS, CPU, etc please so we can take a look? Thanks kindly.

Xeon e5540 3.0 quad 12 mb cache, windows 10, ssd drives 16gb ram hp 6600 workstation in Reaper

Andrew Souter wrote:
acousticglue wrote:i had downloaded it twice and trying to play guitar at 64 buffers (my test) got some slight pop noise now and then on some presets. Thought it sounded great and not trying to step on a party. My other reverbs do not do this. So it might be CPU friendly but not buffer friendly thus far
Thanks for your report. Could you please let us know your host, OS, CPU, etc please so we can take a look? Thanks kindly.
Same here on mine Andy. Selecting any preset pop spikes.

it's quite annoying that adjusting most parameters silences the audio for a brief moment.
I'm guessing it's a trade-off for some horrible sound while the math does its work?

Yes. A trade-off.

Changing presets and even most controls is a discontinuous process by design. It's not possible to smoothly morph between presets. Allowing this would basically require redesigning almost all the alg, and also increase CPU usage substantially.

Yes we know some others can do this. But they don't quite sound like Breeze 2 or match its CPU usage and there are reasons for this. I wish we could do it too, but it's not an engineering reality within our current framework, and we don't feel it is a critical product feature for normal verb usage. Even in products that offer smooth morphing, the morphing stage is not typically aesthetic. A giant fast pitch bend sent into feedback is really not too much different than a quick impulse spike/pop or a fast muted period.

One control we we do think it would be quite useful is the Mix control. We hope to make that perfectly smooth under automation.

As promised the final manual is now online for your enjoyment:

http://www.2caudio.com/sitecontent/prod ... Manual.pdf

Thanks.

thanks boss :)

Are there plans to update B2 reverb to a new version in near future?

Iva wrote:Are there plans to update B2 reverb to a new version in near future?
Definitely on the task list. "Near" is a relative term though. Most likely not within the next six months. It takes time to do perfectly as there is a lot of new research that has been done over the past several years to integrate.

Cool Anechoic Trumpet example:

https://soundcloud.com/2caudio/breeze2- ... el-wet-dry

Real trumpet, real anechoic chamber. ;) From here:

http://www.openairlib.net/anechoicdb/co ... el-trumpet

I change the position of the trumpet within the space phrase by phrase for fun.

sounds good to me...
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

I've just purchased Breeze 2 (awesome reverb with a crazy low CPU !!!!!!) while there's a great discount, and I've encountered the same bug some users have already mentioned in this thread : I've been totally unable to enter my serial number in Cubase 9. Clicking, double-clicking (...) makes absolutely nothing.

Then I've tried using different audio softwares, still no luck. Then I searched in this topic with the keyword "serial" and found that people said it works in Reaper when you encounter this problem. So I also used Reaper to register and confirm it works flawlessly, in one click. Something is weird here... (Windows 8.1 64, Cubase 9 64, Breeze 64 2.0.3)
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

DJErmac wrote:I've just purchased Breeze 2 (awesome reverb with a crazy low CPU !!!!!!) while there's a great discount
thanks for the compliments! :tu:
DJErmac wrote:I
I've encountered the same bug some users have already mentioned in this thread : I've been totally unable to enter my serial number in Cubase 9. Clicking, double-clicking (...) makes absolutely nothing.

Then I've tried using different audio softwares, still no luck. Then I searched in this topic with the keyword "serial" and found that people said it works in Reaper when you encounter this problem. So I also used Reaper to register and confirm it works flawlessly, in one click. Something is weird here... (Windows 8.1 64, Cubase 9 64, Breeze 64 2.0.3)
we saw your support mail and I see Denis is exploring with you. cool. Something must block text entry under some mysterious circumstances, on some systems, in some hosts, on some days, when the moon is in certain phases, etc. :wink: not sure yet what those magic circumstances are, but i'm sure we will figure it out. Seems to be very rare though...

Return to “Effects”