v 1.0.2 of Empty Room Systems Dim D Chorus available

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

dalor wrote:So you purchase one license for one Computer? IK allows 5 C/R activations, NI allows 3 C/R activations, Adobe CS allows 2 C/R installations per license.
No matter if it is a Mac or PC may I add. Make it a single buy for both, with the same protection and istallers available for both systems, like the vast majority of the companies out there.

Here to: C/R = no buy

Yep, not even IK/NI/Spectrasonics software (though I'd really like Omnisphere :( )

TristezaOrange wrote:
You see, it's not a matter of ethics.

On the bright side the plug-in sounds fantastic. :D
I do think it is ethics. Leaving a lot of costumers in the cold is bad ethics IMHO. I have just arranged that if anything goes wrong with me, another dev, who has my code, will support it or give it away for free.

Yeah, I am very happy with the sound of this new plug-in. A lot of good responces!

dalor wrote:So you purchase one license for one Computer? IK allows 5 C/R activations, NI allows 3 C/R activations, Adobe CS allows 2 C/R installations per license.

If I may say, please consider personal installers/dll's with embedded/hidden user details or dongle protection (iLok/eLicensener), this way it can run on a laptop or machines with no Internet connection required. I understand the need of protecting your product but I'm sure many Users would appreciate moving away from C/R.
No internet connection is needed on your DAW. You just send in two codes and get an activation code.

Getting an additional license is cheap.

Harrie

i wish this thread woul dbe about the plugin :(

how does it compare to the uad one? how does it compare to audio damage fluid?
Finally!

cyphersuit wrote:i wish this thread woul dbe about the plugin :(

how does it compare to the uad one? how does it compare to audio damage fluid?
There are soundfiles on the Gearslutz thread. There you can compare the original hardware unit, the ERS Dim D nd the UAD Dim D. I do not know the Audio Damage version.

Harrie

Sad, I was sooo thrilled as this is the plugin I miss the most after I have sold my UAD..... but no C/R for mee, too.

Alex

Interesting. Can it achieve that famous small clone chorus sound like on "come as you are" ? Still searching for a good small clone emulation...

Just curious: why does it recommend that I restart my PC after installing the plug-in? I don't recall this being necessary with other plug-in installations.
"You don’t expect much beyond a gaping, misspelled void when you stare into the cold dark place that is Internet comments."

---Salon on internet trolls attacking Cleveland kidnapping victim Amanda Berry

musicbird wrote:Interesting. Can it achieve that famous small clone chorus sound like on "come as you are" ? Still searching for a good small clone emulation...
A Dimension D (which this was modelled on) isn't at all similar to a Small Clone, so the short answer is no.

IKMM was claiming for a while that they had a Small Clone they were working on for Amplitube. I was hoping it was going to be one of the first new effects to be released for AT 3.5, but sadly, it was not and I'm beginning to suspect it won't be in this next round of new effects either.

This is nice. I like it better than the UAD version, though the differences are subtle so I think I'll take my time and demo fully. I'm a little confused about the demo period, though. The nag screen for the plug-in says 60 days, but it says 31 days on your website.
"You don’t expect much beyond a gaping, misspelled void when you stare into the cold dark place that is Internet comments."

---Salon on internet trolls attacking Cleveland kidnapping victim Amanda Berry

no C/R for me either, but then there is no 64 bit au version so not tempted anyway. I wonder why one plugin (emt) is ilok, and this, c/r. weird.

T-CM11 wrote:Here to: C/R = no buy

Yep, not even IK/NI/Spectrasonics software (though I'd really like Omnisphere :( )
Spectrasonics is (hopefully) an exception: They are not a one-man band, have been around for ages and have a professional reputation and customer service support. I have activated Omnisphere at least 3 times because of recent hardware changes and reinstallations, no problem. Still I fear the day it won't activate :(
Cowbells!

Very nice! Cant wait to hear this one..
stay juicy!

Optomadic wrote:Very nice! Cant wait to hear this one..
There is a free demo available, so you can try it yourself.

Harrie

Return to “Effects”