v 1.0.2 of Empty Room Systems Dim D Chorus available

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

A.M. Gold wrote:This is nice. I like it better than the UAD version, though the differences are subtle so I think I'll take my time and demo fully. I'm a little confused about the demo period, though. The nag screen for the plug-in says 60 days, but it says 31 days on your website.
I hope you like 60 days better then 31 ;)

Has the developer contacted KVR to update the copy protection listed in the database to challenge/response?

How does it compare to the free tal one?

SAW75 wrote:Has the developer contacted KVR to update the copy protection listed in the database to challenge/response?
Yes.

froombosch wrote:
SAW75 wrote:Has the developer contacted KVR to update the copy protection listed in the database to challenge/response?
Yes.
awesome. thank you. :D

ttoz wrote:How does it compare to the free tal one?
If you mean the TAL Chorus 60, they are quite different. That's the chorus from the Juno and the chorus effect is more pronounced. I find this Dimension D to be more "neutral" for lack of a better word, in the sense that it tends to do more to alter the stereo perception than it does to add a distinctly noticeable chorus effect.

That said, though, I'm sure the perceived effect varies quite a bit depending on what you apply it to and I've only tested this Dimension D on a limited number of setups (all pad based setups using Legacy Cell and FF Twin 2).
"You don’t expect much beyond a gaping, misspelled void when you stare into the cold dark place that is Internet comments."

---Salon on internet trolls attacking Cleveland kidnapping victim Amanda Berry

Hi all
Just to say that I've been delighted with the first class customer support offered by Harrie to me since I ordered this Dimension D chorus plug-in.

I'd been having some minor internet problems - caused entirely by the limitations of the internet library I use, as well as the team at Hotmail.com choosing to act like idiots in a number of frustrating ways which I won't bore you with - but Harrie has kindly and swiftly got round each of these annoyances for me and I've now received this fab new chorus plug-in :)

(And sorry - I appreciate this isn't quite the plug-in review you guys were expecting but good customer support is always worth commenting about in my book).

No matter what i do, Sonar 8.5 and Sonar X1 won't find the .dll of the demo version. I am using plugin manager and entering the correct path on my harddrive.

any hints?
Finally!

Normally the installer takes care for this, but it is possible that some directories are not scanned by the host.

The installer places the DimD.dll inside the Empty Room systems directory (C://programfiles 86/emptyroomsystems/) and the c://programfiles/steinberg/vst-plugins folder.

You can manually move the DimDdemo.dll file towards the plugin folder of Sonar and rescan the vst directories. I did try on Sonar 8.5.3 on my windows 7 computer and it is showing up here.

Demo installed!

Some buttons can't be used like Modes 2 + 4 and the first two knobs.

Is that a demo limitation?
Finally!

cyphersuit wrote:Demo installed!

Some buttons can't be used like Modes 2 + 4 and the first two knobs.

Is that a demo limitation?
Yup that's a demo limitation.

Cheers
Dennis

Nice chorus. 8)

btw, why the name "Empty Room Systems" for the company?
Wouldn't it be more convincing if it's "Room Full Of Equipment Systems"? :hihi:

That is a long story...

It comes down to the name Theo (the person I started ERS with) thought of after hearing my large glass livingroom. In the period while I was working on the EMpTy 250 reverb, my house was rebuild. I live in a farmhouse, which now is my office and my home. There was a lot reverb in my new living room with a lot of glass and a modern interior. Theo did not like the minimalistic interior, much too much reverb and called the place "empty". That was what inspired him for the name. I did place some broadband absorbers, but my living room is still pretty reverberant, but IMHO in a nice way.

After Theo quited ERS I decided to keep it this way, because a lot of people already know the brand.
Last edited by froombosch on Fri May 27, 2011 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thanks for the interesting story.

While I prefer simple license code system over C/R, I have made some exceptions (IK, NI) so I might just pick up this lovely chorus. Good job!

That would be nice.

I understand the distrust with C/r. I made a few statement what will happen if I die in a planecrash or something. Christian from DDMF has my code, in case something like that might happen. If I would stop my plug-in bizz I will give the code, including sourcecode for free or sell it to someone who makes the exact same arrangements.

But making nice plug-ins is too much fun to give up that easy...

Return to “Effects”