NI Vintage Compressors

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I can't try this out 'til I get home from work. :cry: If you use this with GR4 Pro does it add a second pair of inputs for side chaining? It'd be really nice if we could use a side chain input to control the envelope and input MDFs or the noise gate.

I look forward to giving these a try.

SteveBurley2000 wrote:
Dr.Gunjah wrote:Can one install guitar rig player when guitar rig full version is already installed? It didn't work with the reaktor player.

I've not tried either.

Does anyone else here know the answer?
I tried to install GR Player (for much the same reasons) when I bought the Traktor12 effects pack last year... didn't work with the full version already installed.

Interesting stuff, in light of what IK just released.

I'm thinking I may end up purchasing the black 76 and white 2a though as I have some jam points or whatever they are so it makes it a lot more appealing. And now that they are 64 bit... I don't like the idea of loading guitar rig 4 just to get those compressors to work although I may demo the dbx..

Well I haven't demo'd them yet, but the audio demos are MUCH better than IKM's. Not just louder like IK's, you can clearly hear the difference when comparing the different levels of compression.

I wonder if they used the same code as in Softubes FET compressor or improved upon it ..
circuit modeling and 0-dfb filters are cool

Dr.Gunjah wrote:@audiosabre: I've noticed the clicky attacks too. As for the loudness, did you match the GR values on both? they're calibrated quite differently, the NI starts reduction much earlier.
Yes, I'm matching their behaviour using the meters and my ears (the NI's release seems faster) and adjusting the output to level-match. I don't think it's unusual for one compressor to be perceived louder than another at the same level; I notice this a lot amongst different developers/models.

Maybe the perceived loudness could be related to the differences in stereo width? I'm listening on headphones, so maybe it's more obvious here.

Like I said in another forum, that Guitar Rig Player stuff is crap, really.

I wish they'll do like IK Multimedia. First we were forced to use the T-RackS 3 shell to load the compressors (670, Opto), and now there are Singles.

And I really thank them for getting the Singles right !

Native Instruments, please listen.

Even from a marketing point it makes no sense "Guitar Rig Player". What were they thinking ?!

K-Slash wrote:Like I said in another forum, that Guitar Rig Player stuff is crap, really.

I wish they'll do like IK Multimedia. First we were forced to use the T-RackS 3 shell to load the compressors (670, Opto), and now there are Singles.

And I really thank them for getting the Singles right !

Native Instruments, please listen.

Even from a marketing point it makes no sense "Guitar Rig Player". What were they thinking ?!
I think (and hope) that Guitar Rig will be something completely different in the future. It was a simple amp sim for guitars in the beginning. It's far more than that now. Things like these comps, Reflektor and the Traktor FX aren't really aimed at guitar players.

I really hope that there will be some kind of "singles" in the future. And maybe the name "Guitar" Rig could be changed as well.

Cheers
Dennis

xamido wrote:This one is gonna fail bad. I'm sure the compressor itself sounds nice (it's softube), but to use guitar rig everytime just to get it work? This is also the reason why i back away from NI stuff. Their product is quality but cpu heavy.
GuitarRig is not CPU heavy at all. When loaded it takes 0.3% of my CPU here. That's not a lot now, is it?

But I agree, I'd rather have a separate plugin rather than loading the effect in a shell. That's also the reason I don't use Reaktor much.

geroyannis wrote:GuitarRig is not CPU heavy at all. When loaded it takes 0.3% of my CPU here.
Some of the presets are ridiculously CPU intensive, but I never use them and GR is actually not that bad on CPU at all.

robojam wrote:
geroyannis wrote:GuitarRig is not CPU heavy at all. When loaded it takes 0.3% of my CPU here.
Some of the presets are ridiculously CPU intensive, but I never use them and GR is actually not that bad on CPU at all.
Of course, it depends on what and how many modules you load inside it. The 0.3% I was talking about refers to the shell with nothing loaded.

Proprietary vst software tied to GR? will pass for now even with the sc feature.
Sure they're nice though with Softube involved.

another disadvantage of the GR4 ui is that the comps themself are super-small(therefor much better at the IK comps) and you have no mousewheel for the knobs because mousewheel already scrolls the rig up/down (not working at the IK comps either... what's your excuse, IK guys???)

As for the cpu hit... with high q setting in GR4 (don't know at all if it affects the comps) the cpu usage is below 1% on an i7 2600(4,4 ghz)

Dr.Gunjah wrote:another disadvantage of the GR4 ui is that the comps themself are super-small(therefor much better at the IK comps) and you have no mousewheel for the knobs because mousewheel already scrolls the rig up/down (not working at the IK comps either... what's your excuse, IK guys???)

As for the cpu hit... with high q setting in GR4 (don't know at all if it affects the comps) the cpu usage is below 1% on an i7 2600(4,4 ghz)
Well, the IK GUI's are just big enough IMHO. They are clear and easy to use even if you have eye troubles.

And about that mousewheel thingie, it works perfectly here on the PC VST version.

Maybe a bug on your system.

If this fails and nobody buys it, it will surely end up in Komplete 8 or 9, so please everybody : don't buy it .g.
Planet Ugh @ Soundcloud & Facebook
Dusk to Dawn @ Facebook

Return to “Effects”