Best sound quality - run 96khz samplerate, do not oversample.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

kelldammit wrote:
additionally, since when you change from 44.1 (or 48 )k to 88.2 or 96k, you're moving the nyquist threshold, so you're changing what gets aliased, and where that aliasing will show up (frequency-wise).
again, this aliasing simply won't be as pronounced at the bottom end. it might help to think of aliasing as visually looking like a reversed reverb-tail type waveform, with the highest amplitude at nyquist (or thereabouts). by the time it gets to the low freq's, the "reflections" have largely petered out. Does that make sense?

k
yes it does. THat would explain why AUDIO FILES rendered at different rates gave audible highs at inversion. I "suspected" filtering by plugins might have something to do with it, but it made no sense when I experienced the same thing rendering a loop, for example...

I can hear a big difference when I run synths at 96k vs 44.1 and thats even after converting them both to mp3. They become much fuller and more solid sounding. I made sound files which I will upload later
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

sometimes the differences are quite small. the best way to measure them is to actually measure them - take the difference between the two, but make sure they're in phase when you do.

it's actually quite difficult and outside the capability of a non-programmer in usual cases. most software doesn't have special controls for this. (mix inverted, level and phase control)
Free plug-ins for Windows, MacOS and Linux. Xhip Synthesizer v8.0 and Xhip Effects Bundle v6.7.
The coder's credo: We believe our work is neither clever nor difficult; it is done because we thought it would be easy.
Work less; get more done.

jupiter8 wrote:
bezusheist wrote:
jupiter8 wrote:
bezusheist wrote:1. who/what sets the "limit" of human hearing?
science? math? nature? ignorance? evolution/adaptation? Chuck Norris? Apogee?
How is this even remotely a problem ?
huh?
the problem is you have "tools" like Ethan Weiner spreadin' crap like a dairy farmer...
the limits of man should not be set by the limits of man's knowledge...
The limits if human hearing is obviously set by evolution but my point is,it can easily be tested so there is little doubt what the limits of human hearing is.
It's not a mystery as some people tend to believe.
I was about to say just that. what was said there, boiled down to an argument looks like this: 'the human's ability to evolve the organ of hearing owes to the sufficiency of its belief about it. therefore current measurements of the capacity of that organ are problematic.'

completely absurd, isn't it.

THREAD CLOSED DUE MAINTENANCE

so i fell down the open manhole before they put the sign up. who do i sue?

:D

Return to “Effects”