Crysonics -=- No Contact but finally a release. Be cautious when sending money . Read thread.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Well we live and learn. I gave this company a chance despite the negativity on the forums here.

Despite their incesent marketing to existing customers...almost 2-3 times weekly they do not appear to correspond any other way.

Back in August they announced the release of v4 of their plugin and I bit. Now 4 months on they are sending through emails of products already purchased at a discount at a much lower price. Great nice move ... rub faeces in my nose why dont you?!

They have effectively devalued their product(s) so much I have lost confidence in this company, these people.

Then an announcement of v4 on offer. In fairness no deadline of release but in confidence of other dev's on this forum thought we would see it in a matter of weeks maybe a month. FOUR months later no product.

Contacted Crysonics on numerous occassions asking of release dates and when I can expect to get my product, no response.
Last edited by MFXxx on Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Well you were warned over and over....and it's not guys it's just one guy and a hand full of sock puppets. Really I have no idea why Crysonic has not been banned from KVR and his products removed from the data base.........borders on complicity......... :roll:

To all those who defend Crysonic take note of this latest story........my notebook is full of such stories from over the years....... :shrug:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

I won't touch this one...

Read the Backlogs and make up your own mind/build your own picture.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

DELETED

I bought the bundle awhile back and they responded to my queries fairly quickly and courteously.
Asus Z97-A| i7 4770K|32GB DDR3|Samsung 850 Pro 512 SSD System|Crucial 960gb SSD A/V|Crucial 960 SSD Samples|GTX 960 2GB|RME Raydat|Windows 10 x64, Philips 40" 4K
My Samplitude/Sequoia Tutorials are here :
http://www.youtube.com/kraznet

The whole bundle is for sale for just $46 atm instead of $1000+ :shock:

Not sure what such an incredible discount actually means. Are those plugins any good?

eidenk wrote:The whole bundle is for sale for just $46 atm instead of $1000+ :shock:

Not sure what such an incredible discount actually means. Are those plugins any good?
If you read the other thread about them, you'll notice that they're always on sale. That's the normal price of the plugins, just with a sale sticker on them to make people believe they're getting a good deal.

I also sent them a payment in August and have yet to receive anything. I have had their Plugins in the past and they usually respond to my queries, but this time I'm not getting anything back from them. Does feel like a scam indeed.

JD Gaffe wrote:
eidenk wrote:The whole bundle is for sale for just $46 atm instead of $1000+ :shock:

If you read the other thread about them, you'll notice that they're always on sale. That's the normal price of the plugins, just with a sale sticker on them to make people believe they're getting a good deal.
Not such a big loss for the people who complain of being ripped off I guess then. :hihi:

Whoa! Now people are sending money and getting nothing? The last I heard of them, they were giving away a free plug-in to past customers and asking for mercy, then dissolved into the usual 3-emails-a-month about the next "v3" vapourware/paid update to plug-in you already bought (twice). I don't think they've released anything new in...2-3 years? I don't think I've even gotten their emails in the last couple years...

I didn't realize they'd sunk to outright fraud. If that's the case, I do think KVR should consider banning and removing them. :?
Last edited by bduffy on Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Absolutely - in fact some of them are really great, I think. Their deals are absolute non-brainers imo, as long as you take them for what they are. Demo the plugins and make up your own mind, I'd say.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

DiScO197 wrote:I also sent them a payment in August and have yet to receive anything. I have had their Plugins in the past and they usually respond to my queries, but this time I'm not getting anything back from them. Does feel like a scam indeed.
This is my main concern. Had great response back in June/July so confidence was built up and then the upgrade offer materialised. Then sent subsequent enquiry emails and request all polite, nothing. No response, hence the nature of my email.

If it saves others from falling into the same trap and issuing money then all good. It's not a lot to me but to others it could be. That's all that matters.

What I do agree with as that for the 'offer' price paid they are pretty damn good. But with the number of dev's and other apps available on KVR I'd say read this email and know what not to do. Pay your money, if you get your product in time then great, it you don't apply for a refund from your paypal account or card handler as that is what I should've done when I got no response from Crysonics back in September.

Duh...
Eternitysound VST Banks

:lol: Yeah "on sale" what a gimmick. Sales (not limited to Crysonic or even to plugins, I mean on anything) are closer to the "proper" price of things in relation to the wages one gets for bending over backwards and sodomizing oneself for customers.

Agreed on pretty much all counts. I use a couple of their plugins, including SpectraLive 3.5 and newB, and they sound pretty good. But I simply don't want to deal with the company any more. And the "$1000 now on sale for $46 ($23 if you're a prior customer)" riff is too obvious a strategy for even late-night infomercials.
Tom Smith
http://tomsmith.bandcamp.com - http://www.filkertom.com - http://www.thefump.com
Win10/64 - I5 3570K - 16 GB RAM - BIAB 2016 - Reaper 5 - Sound Forge Pro 9

Return to “Effects”