SafeLimit 1.0 VST

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Thanks for sharing this Terry.
I always have appreciated your plugins.

There are some nice fonts in the previous examples.
My favourites are:

SF Transrobotics
SF Automaton
SF Intellivised

In any special order.

Have a good day and keep up the good work Terry :)

Suggestion for the usability :

Right-click and drag on either the input or output sliders to move both of them in the opposite direction at the same time.

In other words, move the right-click and drag the INPUT slider up and the output slider goes down by the same amount.

This makes it easy and quick to hear the effect the limiter is having on the signal. Louder actually appears to be better if you raise the level by just 0.1 dB, so to avoid this effect, a lot of limiters can link the controls in the suggested manner. The L1,L2,L3 series started it with a dedicated control, Fabfilter Pro-L uses ALT+click and drag on the input or output controls and Voxengo Elephant does it by right-click and dragging either the input or output control.

This also enables the limiter to be used more as a safety limiter instead of a loudness weapon.
Will mix for fun

I wanted to praise the plug but everything Ive written has triggered a spam alert thats stopped me posting

[mod edit: Below I have pasted in what kcearl wanted to post.]

Just wanted to say I was playing about with this last night on guitar, bass, and a synth track an I was getting good transparent results. Worked best on the bass I think, Ill be trying it out on some drums later. Id say it is an improvement on my stock DAW plugs. I like the GUI, has a professional look, and is clear and easy to use.

I hope you dont mind but I linked this thread on another music website.
Last edited by kcearl on Fri May 25, 2012 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cheers Terry, Will give it a whirl

All the best

Dean

kcearl wrote:I wanted to praise the plug but everything Ive written has triggered a spam alert thats stopped me posting

just wanted to say, nice work :?
Send me what you intended to post as a PM. I'll paste it into your message above.

thanks Meffy....

Updated version available now (same download link).
No output-gain anymore, it automatically adjust the gain when you raise the input fader.
Thanks airon for give the idea.
And of course a new font and other under the hood tweaks.

:D

Thanks a lot Terry. I've downloaded a few of your plugins now. I see the potential but im learning to get my head around them. Thanks for all your hard work , and for making them freeware.

Huh and I thought I had all your plugins. Will give this a try soon, and thanks for your generosity :)
It's

Anyone know where this can still be downloaded from?
Mastering from £30 per track \\\
Facebook \\\ #masteredbyloz

From his website (http://www.terrywest.nl/) . Donated and downloaded last week :)

Last edited by Vortifex on Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cool, looks like he's made a multiband version too! I shall donate and download. Thanks
Mastering from £30 per track \\\
Facebook \\\ #masteredbyloz

Return to “Effects”