2CAudio B2: Full Body. Maximum Attitude.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
B2

FYI for you guys who love B2, you're in good company. :tu: We just had the chance to post some great interviews with The Glitch Mob, and composer Gareth Coker:

https://2caudio.com/network/artists/GlitchMob
https://2caudio.com/network/artists/GarethCoker

https://soundcloud.com/theglitchmob/set ... thout-eyes

https://soundcloud.com/garethcoker/sets ... reth-coker

I try to ask relevant questions regarding musical creativity and inspiration, technology, production techniques, gear, and not only integration of our products. And one or two silly human-interest questions for fun. :wink:

They both provide great insights, and Gareth goes quite deep into his process. Humbling to be some small part of such great art!

Anyway, thought I'd share. Enjoy. :tu:
Last edited by Andrew Souter on Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Congrats. But. Unlistenable. 7 LUFS and clipping out the wazoo. :dog:

:phones:

On Glitch Mob? Yes, it is mastered loud, but loud is the norm for this style as you know.... the philosophy of exactly how loud is good thing is above my pay-grade -- i'm not the mastering engineer. I just love the music and vibe. :tu: Their previous album Drink the Sea was on repeat for months for me when it first came it. Absolutely love these guys!!

Gareth's work is orchestral/hybrid scoring, and mastered appropriately for this style with much more dynamic range. And I absolutely love this style too...

Two diverse styles and industry segments from true leaders in their respective fields. :tu:
Last edited by Andrew Souter on Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

meh.

mhe

Whoah. "Enter Formless", I know EDM can be loud and clipping and good (I mean, I listen to hardstyle), but the drop is kinda painful. There are still loudness limits in EDM. Check out deadmau5 critiquing loudness in a song review here: https://youtu.be/RGsGlMCO6c0?t=28s

Anyway, the interviews are interesting and it's nice to hear about other people's workflows and processes.

Yeah, the loudness war has been over for a while.

Now Glitchmob enter the battlefield cursing and shouting threats. But everyone else went home quite a while ago.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

jens wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:55 pm Yeah, the loudness war has been over for a while.

Now Glitchmob enter the battlefield cursing and shouting threats. But everyone else went home quite a while ago.
it's pop music... so it's gonna be loud and flat and brittle. it's not as if they're doing something elegant.

plexuss wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:50 am Congrats. But. Unlistenable. 7 LUFS and clipping out the wazoo. :dog:

:phones:
Yeah, I turned it off pretty soon after the vocals entered. Mastering that loud might be ideal for people high on E after already spending hours twirling their glowy sticks, but it was immediately off-putting to me.
A well-behaved signature.

I only read the Gareth Coker interview so far and while I didn't know the man before, I found it quite an interesting and entertaining read. Also I really like the design/layout of the interview-page. So kudos and thanks for doing this!
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Oh, just one thing I disagree with: while I of course love the prospect of even getting it much lower, I do not find the typical CPU usage of B2 bad at all. Before ever trying it I read so much about it using so much and then I ended up being really astonished and finding those reports more than just a bit exaggerated.

Glad you like the interviews.

Re CPU usage, the thing is, it is EXTREMELY variable depending on preset/settings/preferences. I probably mentioned that 50 times in this thread already but I think most people still don’t have a good sense for exactly how extreme. It could be a factor of ten times as much cpu comparing lowest settings to highest. That’s 1000% not 10% not 100%. One thousand percent. I think that’s unusual for verbs so people don’t quite expect that.

And of course if we offer a knob that goes to 11 the tendency is to use 11. :-)

Yes, I of course also found ways (as per your explanations) to make it insanely CPU-intensive.

But within sane ranges... I found it to be rather on the low side. And one must not forget what it entails processing-wise. If I switch on the compressor that is bound to use cpu-cycles of course so if it is engaged it does not make sense to compare it to reverb-plugins that do not have a compressor on-board in the first place - and the same certainly goes even more so for single-engine vs. dual-engine applications.

I think it's probably the best reverb-plugin ever already. And once you release V2 you'll probably need bodyguards, in order to protect you from several hitmen, contracted by other developers.

Can anyone recommend me a third party retailer or sale to look into? I've been wanting to buy B2 for months now after demoing it but the $250 asking price is really steep for me.

Thanks!

Afaik they generally do not collaborate with retailers at all. Unfortunately you just missed their 40% off winter-sale. I got B2 for less than 120$ iIrc.

Return to “Effects”