ValhallaVintageVerb 1.7.1. Two new reverb modes (Chaotic Hall, Chaotic Chamber)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
ValhallaVintageVerb

Arglebargle wrote:Why should I get this one if I already have your other reverbs?
Because it sounds different??

Arglebargle wrote:Why should I get this one if I already have your other reverbs?
Well, it sounds different. It all depends on what your tastes are. I don't view any one of my plugins as being better or worse than the others. Different colors of paint to work with.

Sean Costello

Congrats Sean and just in time for Christmas. :D I'll definitely put it through the paces this weekend. Love the GUI btw, reminds me of the 70s art style plastered over my favorite PBS shows and classroom books when I was a child. :)

(looks like your other thread gave you a few ideas...)

Is it possible to override the colour change? - I prefer the NOW look

Wow :-o
It's the reverb heaven this days :love:

I have reverbs coming out of my ears but this is one of the better ones and a great price

Hey Sean, how do these algorithms differ from the dark modes in VRoom? Also, can you give some examples where you might opt to use one over the other (aside from Plate sounds which look like can only be truly done in the new one)
Has anybody ever really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

valhallasound wrote:
Well, it sounds different. It all depends on what your tastes are. I don't view any one of my plugins as being better or worse than the others. Different colors of paint to work with.

Sean Costello
Ok. I didn't mean out as a challenge, just wondering how it differs from Room. I've been on an extreme plugin binge lately. :cry:

valhallasound wrote:Image

ValhallaVintageVerb is a postmodern reverb plugin, inspired by the classic hardware digital reverbs of the 1970s and 1980s.

http://www.valhalladsp.com/valhallavintageverb

Sean Costello
Man, this beauty should come with a hot tub and some Sex Panther cologne :)

@midnight wrote:Hey Sean, how do these algorithms differ from the dark modes in VRoom? Also, can you give some examples where you might opt to use one over the other (aside from Plate sounds which look like can only be truly done in the new one)
The Dark modes in VRoom use a mixture of algorithm topologies. Some are closer to Eventide (not really, but this is the most accurate comparison without getting overly technical), some are closer to Alesis. All of them use the same early reflection algorithm.

The ValhallaVintageVerb algorithms are closer to 1970s and 1980s Lexicon algorithms. None of them are exact reproductions of a specific algorithm, but the basic topologies were used and extended upon.

I don't know which algorithm I would use for what nowadays. I've been too busy coding to actually compare the plugins. ValhallaRoom was designed to avoid some of the artifacts with older reverb algorithms (i.e. the metallic sound that can happen with high diffusion settings that rely on series allpass delays), while ValhallaVintageVerb embraces those artifacts. At this point, I just view things as *different* without having any particular judgement.

Sean Costello

VVV, 555, one short of the mark of the beast.

Ya gone and done it again. I am waiting for your delay plugin that follows the same model/structure of your reverb plugins. But it's got to be easy to use (think Soundtoys Echoboy), or even like some of the guitar pedal delays.

Valhalla Vintage Verb voraciously violates various vying verbs validating verified veiled victory.

Say that three times fast :hihi:

At least it wont show up like this in the KVR database/plugin of the hour:

They really do sound different, but both could be used for the same purposes.
I guess between the two plugs it's a whole world of reverb!LOL
Anton Evans
Please visit
http://www.villageworkscanada.com

I wonder if you run Shimmer into VRoom into VVV what it would sound like?

Only one way to find out... :D
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

valhallasound wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:Does the random space have spin etc?
Yep. I use the terms Mod Rate and Mod Depth, to be more consistent with the other algorithms that don't use that type of modulation.

Mod Rate = Spin, measured in Hz
Mod Depth = Wander, but measured in percentage instead of milliseconds. Things are scaled to a sensible millisecond range internally.

Sean Costello
Spin? Are you modelling atoms now? :hihi: Is spin for creating rotating sounds? Does Wander simulate moving around the room randomly?
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

Pretty cool, Sean. That dog humping a pillow may have stole your thunder though ;)

Going to have to try this out later tonight. I get the feeling I'll like it.

Return to “Effects”