Does anybody have nomad Factory's MAGMA?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Ive been scoping nomad factory for a while and they seem to be pretty legit. First of all, just in case anybody doesnt know yet, yes nomad factory DID do the effects for omnisphere and stylus RMX. On omnisphere they were simply amazing and were the sole reason that im drawn to magma. My question is whether or not any of the effects from omnisphere can be found on magma or any other NF products? In particular im absolutely addicted to valve radio, flame distortion, and the power filter, but i love all the other ones too.

They certainly look like FX from spectrasonics. Don't know if they sound like them though. I think they have a demo, no?

From what i've heard, Nomads also did a lot of stuff on Don't Crack bundle, so you might also want to check out those as well.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Prototype wrote:Ive been scoping nomad factory for a while and they seem to be pretty legit. First of all, just in case anybody doesnt know yet, yes nomad factory DID do the effects for omnisphere and stylus RMX. On omnisphere they were simply amazing and were the sole reason that im drawn to magma.
"Clarification: A few of the FX units in the Spectrasonics FX rack were created in partnership with Nomad Factory, but by no means all of them. Lots of the Spectrasonics FX rack was developed in-house and others still created exclusively for Spectrasonics by other talented third party FX designers. We work with a lot of different people around the world to create our rack.

A more correct statement would be that Nomad Factory created most of the current EQ and Compressor/Limiter/Amp plug-ins in the Spectrasonics FX rack.

This particulat bundle for sale is NOT those FX licensed to Spectrasonics, but some are similar since they are based on the same Nomad codebase."

http://tinyurl.com/aq5af98
"What embecile composed this list :/"

ok i apologize for the misconception, my fault. But i have heard a decent bit of magma (havent gotten around to demoing it cause im having trouble with sonar currently) and have decided that i am a nomad factory fan. i will definitely check that bundle out. also i heard that magma will in the future allow you to insert other 3rd part effects in the rack. How true is this? has this happened yet?

Hello Everyone,

Yes, MAGMA is now supporting 3rd party VST2 effects plug-ins in 32 & 64 bit as well as some great new features, all will be shown at NAMM 2013 at ILIO booth January 24-27 2013

Hope to see you there.

-Regards

Bernie Torelli
http://nomadfactory.com

Nomad26 wrote: Yes, MAGMA is now supporting 3rd party VST2 effects plug-ins in 32 & 64 bit as well as some great new features
Awesome! :love:

So, when will this update be available from the NF website?
No band limits, aliasing is the noise of freedom!

MAGMA!

Yes, FREE of charge.

MAC: AU, VST, RTAS, AAX : PC VST, RTAS, AAX (32 & 64bit)

IMPORTANT: iLok 2 required.

Must be released just after NAMM.

Hope you'll like it,

Bernie Torelli
http://nomadfactory.com

Nomad26 wrote:
IMPORTANT: iLok 2 required.
What!!!?? :o :shock: No way..

I bought it with the knowledge that it was not i-Lok protected and the promise* that it would be updated with the load VST feature (and it said nowhere that it would have to require i-Lok).. :x

I refuse to use i-Lok or any other dongled protection. That's why I choose to buy this product (instead of others) in the first place! You where/are advertising it on your website with "You can authorize this software on up to 5 computers with a simple one-click authorization procedure (no dongle key required)" for crying out loud!

There is a huge bug in MAGMA right know that makes the plugin and host crash instantly when opening a saved project with the Purple Verb loaded in it.. If I want to have it fixed I need to buy an i-Lock all of a sudden? :-o

Why oh why?? :cry:

Can I get a refund based on this, please?!

* "•Take your effects processing to another dimension when you load the special "MFX-Chainer" FX to create chains within chains. (coming soon)

•MAGMA will also support 3rd party VST plug-ins in future versions, so you can mix and match your favorite VSTs. (coming soon)"

I was thinking the exact same thing -Nomad didn't use iLok did they?- And but the looks of it, this is indeed a new move. This sucks for anyone who has bought it already.

Bernie, could you please elaborate?

1. Is the rest of the Nomad family going iLok or just Magma?

A while back I bought an upgrade to the total Nomad bundle (everything but Magma). Recently, when I upgraded to an iLok 2, I realized that some early Nomad plugs I had purchased were iLok protected, and then, apparently, they weren't.

So now it looks like Nomad is going back.

2. Does the Magma vst import feature mean that you can integrate OTHER 3rd party effects into the Magma rack and save your FX chains as presets? If so, that's a pretty amazing feature. I'm not aware of any other FX plug that does that. [Chainer, of course, does it for instruments, not FX.]

3. To the OP: Nomad is, indeed, legit. Of all their stuff, I still reach for their Analog Trackbox the most. It works miracles on a variety of track types.

Cheers
-B
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

BDeep wrote:I was thinking the exact same thing -Nomad didn't use iLok did they?- And but the looks of it, this is indeed a new move. This sucks for anyone who has bought it already.

Bernie, could you please elaborate?
Yes, please elaborate after dropping such a bomb. Thank you.

Oh well, Magma is off my shopping list, no ilok for me. Thanks anyway, I was looking forward to the 3rd party vst support. I guess I'll uninstall the demo now. I guess I should be happy, they just saved me some money :)
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

I'm actually delighted with this talk of iLok. No harm for Nomad to know that there are differing opinions. iLok makes things easier for me. In fact, I wish I could put every single License I own on it.

iLok 2 rules \m/ :)
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Is it even legal to sell a product with the promise of some cool features added in the near future, but then forcing those early customers to buy/use an i-lock after adding those features? :?

Return to “Effects”