Does anybody have nomad Factory's MAGMA?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I still wait for a great deal offer like the ISP3 back in the dayz :)

@Nomad: is there any way to get discount?

cheers
T

lnikj wrote:
Nomad26 wrote:
re_mute wrote:
Nomad26 wrote: Bernie Torelli
President.
MFX Audio Inc./ Nomad Factory
Dear President Bernie, can you please arrange for forward/backward arrows in your products for browsing presets.
Hello re-mute,

Are you talking about MAGMA FX, or ?, please let me know what products,

Thank you in advance,
Bernie
Hi Bernie

Ermm ... all of them pretty much ... it is a pain not being able to scroll through presets easily. But, in order of priority, Magma, Magnetic II and Echoes first please!

Thanks very much for the long post and clarification of certain issues. FWIW your products are great AND you hopefully will not encounter many users of cracked versions on KVR.
+ infinity

especially for next/previous effect

latest demo still has a couple of effects that when insantiated completley cut audio in logic pro starting with a big pop sound, till magma is removed, had a crash the other day using a magma effect, not a vst. I find the demo is generally still unstable here, but then ISP3 always was unstable for me.. hopefully everything gets sorted out with updates and new simple serial and will definitely re investigate nomad again in that case

I have to admit, the ilok thing had me worried for a while. However, considering Nomad addressed one of my major concerns (lack of modulation) with 8 LFOs and 8 MSEGS, and has stuck to the serial number protection, MAGMA is back on my radar again. Downloading the 1.5 demo now...

+1 for next arrows too

Mousewheel support wouldn't go amiss either (would love it in your older products too, since you're updating them) 8)

Yeah imo Magma is looking pretty nice now.
Ive been hoping it would turn out right.
I think I can dig this mod set up.
Assuming it tears through third party stuff without too much pain, Im in.
I will prolly give that a bash in the next week or so.

+!1 for mousewheel!!
ImageImageImageImage

Aloysius wrote:I'm actually delighted with this talk of iLok. No harm for Nomad to know that there are differing opinions. iLok makes things easier for me. In fact, I wish I could put every single License I own on it.

iLok 2 rules \m/ :)
+1 here as well. I can't stand having dozens of stupid challenge/response and/or license codes to figure out as I move my plugins from vendor to vendor. No thank you. iLok is a Godsend for me.

Chris

audiosabre wrote: and has stuck to the serial number
disinformation?
is it serial or iLok :?
Amazon: why not use an alternative

How does Magma handle VST buffering within it? I've always wondered this about any VST effect that could contain other VSTs. In Ableton live each plug-in has the inherent latency of your audio buffer. So if you stack many VSTs and you're running at a high audio buffer, the latency will build up. But Live would see Magma as a single plug-in. So I'm wondering how Magma deals with that latency and what if it then reports that to the host.

VariKusBrainZ wrote:
audiosabre wrote: and has stuck to the serial number
disinformation?
is it serial or iLok :?
From the last page:
Nomad wrote:Because of cracks and bit torrents where you can find cracks of MAGMA, download it and use it (even if the crack causes crashes and doesn't work properly), we thought about using iLok 2 for MAGMA and future software we are working on. But we changed our mind for now. We actually use simple serial number, no C/R and no dongle.
It pays to pay attention :)

Just bumping this as Bernie seems to have watched this topic.. Bernie can you answer if there is any support issues with Nomad at present?

I also request a next/previous button for arrows to scroll through the built in magma factory effects.. the list is a nightmare to navigate every single change (and it doesn't even tell you where you are in the hierarchy anyway!)

Any chance of a vsti version?

And finally and (to me most importantly as would clinch the sale), any chance to add PDC reporting for vst effects? Other subhosts do do this (metaplugin for example). There are many vst effects our there with internal delay that do report it correctly, but magma does not pass that info on to the host.

Oh before i forget there's still an effect or two that cause silence on insertion with a big POP sound in logic, and then lead to a crash (magma native fx not 3rd party vst).. if i see you're still here i'll load it up again and hunt them down and get back.

Hello TheoM,
TheoM wrote:Just bumping this as Bernie seems to have watched this topic.. Bernie can you answer if there is any support issues with Nomad at present?
Actually not, we are replying to support request via email but it can take up to 48 hours, we are located in California, so depending from where the support ticket is coming and how many tickets we have during the day, sometimes it can take more time.
TheoM wrote:I also request a next/previous button for arrows to scroll through the built in magma factory effects.. the list is a nightmare to navigate every single change (and it doesn't even tell you where you are in the hierarchy anyway!)
This feature has been added to incoming v1.5.2, front effects racks pages, Browser, individual rack effects and Router page now have list (as it was on v1.5.1) and arrows for up/down presets.
TheoM wrote:Any chance of a vsti version?
It's on our TODO list but requires time for development.
TheoM wrote:And finally and (to me most importantly as would clinch the sale), any chance to add PDC reporting for vst effects? Other subhosts do do this (metaplugin for example). There are many vst effects our there with internal delay that do report it correctly, but magma does not pass that info on to the host.
Actually it does, if you want to know the delay compensation that MAGMA is reporting, you have to enable "Display tempo & sample Rate" in the Utility menu of MAGMA.
TheoM wrote:Oh before i forget there's still an effect or two that cause silence on insertion with a big POP sound in logic, and then lead to a crash (magma native fx not 3rd party vst).. if i see you're still here i'll load it up again and hunt them down and get back.
Here's the list of fixes and new features for v1.5.2.

MAGMA Release V1.5.2

- Fixed crash occurred when saving presets
- Fixed Cubase 7 hangs and sound drop-outs
- Fixed crash when right-clicking LFOs knobs
- Fixed automation crash in Logic
- Fixed crash when saving session in Logic with multiple options
- Fixed random crashes when unloading Magma in Logic
- Fixed crashes and improved stability in Sonar
- Many fixes for MFX-VST Chainer
- Fixed Latency compensation report in AAX format for Pro Tools 10.3.x.
- Fixed MFX-BP Filter feedback at opening time
- Fixed random crash in FL Studio when switching presets

- Significantly decreased effects loading time
- Changed effects' bypass buttons acts like soft mute, instead of "turn-off and reset"
- Added VST validation window to the MFX-VST Chainer
- Added control presets switching up/down
- Added bypass buttons for RackView
- Added 30 days fully working tryout version allowing users to have enough time to test MAGMA's features.

MAGMA v1.5.2 update should be released in about a week or two.

Thank You,
Bernie Torelli
http://nomadfactory.com

Thanks Bernie.. the only thing is i can't get the delay compensation to work in any host at present..

it works for magma's own internal plugins yes, but not for vst's with latency.

I have tried three hosts so far (logic, s1 and live)..oops make that 4, i also tried the aax in pro tools 10 demo which just expired.

I have chosen vst effects that correctly report their latency when used directly in the host, like fab filter for example, which reports flawlessly (bug free plugins in reality is what they are), to test this issue.

Anyway, i'l try yet again and report back. Also i see the fix for the fx that crashed (i think it is one of the delays from memory) logic is not in the coming version, so i will try and reproduce that now and come back soon.

Hello TheoM,
TheoM wrote:Thanks Bernie.. the only thing is i can't get the delay compensation to work in any host at present..

I have tried three hosts so far (logic, s1 and live)..oops make that 4, i also tried the aax in pro tools 10 demo which just expired.

I have chosen vst effects that correctly report their latency when used directly in the host, like fab filter for example, which reports flawlessly (bug free plugins in reality is what they are), to test this issue.

Anyway, i'l try yet again and report back. Also i see the fix for the fx that crashed (i think it is one of the delays from memory) logic is not in the coming version, so i will try and reproduce that now and come back soon.
Are you talking about the VST Chainer ?, effectively, he doesn't report the latency to the host, this will be fixed in v1.5.2, we are working on as well as other problems that will be added to the list....

Have a nice day or evening,
Bernie

maybe a good time for a group buy or some similar promotional discount?
That's just my way of saying I am ready to buy but would be convinced if there was a price break. :D

Nomad26 wrote:Hello TheoM,
TheoM wrote:Thanks Bernie.. the only thing is i can't get the delay compensation to work in any host at present..

Are you talking about the VST Chainer ?, effectively, he doesn't report the latency to the host, this will be fixed in v1.5.2, we are working on as well as other problems that will be added to the list....

Have a nice day or evening,
Bernie
Yes vst chainer. I did mention it was with 3rd party vst plugins that latency wasn't reported in the original question so you misunderstood.

However if it's an upcoming feature, i will test 1.5.2 demo when ready, and if it works, will buy.
Thanks.

Such beautiful interfaces, I had to do this 8)

It's

Return to “Effects”