Does anybody have nomad Factory's MAGMA?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Janusz, can you use the included effects individually in your DAW?

This is my favourite purchase of the year, only bought it the other night and Ive bought a shitload this year (dont tell my bird!)

It is really fun and intantly easy to create wacked out plugin setups.
having great fun with Soundhack Pvoc.
So easy to modulate anything!!

Easy to reorder the serial VST chains an then youve got the different parallel options.

A must buy even without the included effects !

If you only buy one plugin buy this

(My only complaint, if I have to, is it doesnt recognise every VST e.g. doesnt see any Melda plugins but I dont really care)
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Janusz Grzybek wrote:
- I like Envelope detector and Pitch detector modulation sources in my TC FireworX. I'd like to have it also in Magma. Effect settings modulated by incoming audio signal could create fantastic results.

- Additional amp and cabinet items.

Best,
Janusz
For this I use 3rd patry stuff
Thst the beauty, youre not limited to whats supplied with Magma.

The modulation system is worth the price alone :D

Novalis wrote:Janusz, can you use the included effects individually in your DAW?
No, seems to me that you can't load effects separately into DAW, at least as VST. Magma is installed to VST folder as single DLL file, so DAWs detect it as one VST FX. Anyway, you can load multiple instances of MAGMA into your DAW with only one desired FX in each instance.

Best,
Janusz
Computer: rack PC, Windows 10 64bit, Intel i7 2700K, 16 GB RAM, 250 GB & 500 GB SSD disks, HDD 1 TB 7200 RPM
DAW: Studio One 3 Pro, FL Studio Producer 20, Bitwig 2
Hardware: Yamaha 01X + 2 x Yamaha i88X, Nektar Panorama P4, Behringer BCR2000,

VariKusBrainZ wrote: For this I use 3rd patry stuff
Thst the beauty, youre not limited to whats supplied with Magma.

The modulation system is worth the price alone :D
I purchased it in DontCrack for $99. So one FX (65 effects) costs $1,5! Additionally for this price, I got easy FX chainer and very good modulation systems.
Anyway, adding pitch detection and envelope modulation (without using of external tools/plugins) could really increase modulation capacities. For amp/cabinets I use NI Guitar Rig, so generally new amp/cabinet items in Magma aren't very important request.
VariKusBrainZ wrote:(My only complaint, if I have to, is it doesnt recognise every VST e.g. doesnt see any Melda plugins but I dont really care)
Hmm... in linked below review author use Melda eq plugin in chainer: http://vstparty.tumblr.com/post/54803926378/magma

Best,
Janusz
Computer: rack PC, Windows 10 64bit, Intel i7 2700K, 16 GB RAM, 250 GB & 500 GB SSD disks, HDD 1 TB 7200 RPM

Janusz Grzybek wrote:
VariKusBrainZ wrote:(My only complaint, if I have to, is it doesnt recognise every VST e.g. doesnt see any Melda plugins but I dont really care)
Hmm... in linked below review author use Melda eq plugin in chainer: http://vstparty.tumblr.com/post/54803926378/magma

Best,
Janusz
Thanks for that, Ill query it with Voj at Melda

Yet another casual idea... I like a lot effects with options for assigning multiple parameters to freely assignable knobs, faders or other similar controls, for example Container in Guitar Rig, faders in SFX Machine or Alpha knob in my old Fireworx. I think some a "dashboard" in Magma with e.g. one assignable knob per rack would make easy manually editing of couple parameters in this same time. Of course, it could also simplify automation in DAW (you need only automate one control, instead e.g 4).

It's been a while since the last excitement of the plugin, I'm way too late for the party. But even for today's standard, it's still a nice product. So glad to finally got it and would like to see it being developed further.

As a user of Uhbik and H3000 Factory, Magma is a great concept while we all waiting for the Uhbik-X. May be the next version can be inspired by the H3000 Factory interface. Also, love to see more exotic effects like Innerspace from the Omnisphere 2. The last version 1.6.6 was still updated on July, V2 could be very exciting.
Kaossilatron - Voicillator
Station: Ableton Live 10 Suite, Obscurium, Push 2, Ultranova, MS-20m, Wavedrums

It's been a while since the last excitement of the plugin, I'm way too late for the party. But even for today's standard, it's still a nice product. So glad to finally got it and would like to see it being developed further.

As a user of Uhbik and H3000 Factory, Magma is a great concept while we all waiting for the Uhbik-X. May be the next version can be inspired by the H3000 Factory interface. Also, love to see more exotic effects like Innerspace from the Omnisphere 2. The last version 1.6.6 was still updated on July, V2 could be very exciting.
+1 , magma is awesome and very easy to use.

This has been resurrected due to the release of MXXX no doubt.
It'll be interesting to note whatever thoughts people have regarding differences and similarities between the two.
cheers.
I'm tired of being insane. I'm going outsane for some fresh air.

werp wrote:This has been resurrected due to the release of MXXX no doubt.
It'll be interesting to note whatever thoughts people have regarding differences and similarities between the two.
cheers.
MXXX wont host/automate other plugins, for a start.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

werp wrote:MXXX
Nice comparison, from the way it looks both are complimenting each other. Magma has a more casual, relaxing vibe while MXXX is more serious and deep. I wonder about the quality of the processors, has anyone comparing both?
Kaossilatron - Voicillator
Station: Ableton Live 10 Suite, Obscurium, Push 2, Ultranova, MS-20m, Wavedrums

So this can be had for $29 until end of November.

Anyone one compared it to BYOME or other multi-effects racks from SoundToys or Tantra.

Is this still actively maintained? (Eg. updates, possible bug fixes etc.)

dermage wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:04 pm So this can be had for $29 until end of November.

Anyone one compared it to BYOME or other multi-effects racks from SoundToys or Tantra.

No updates for a long time, AFAIR. And I think a lot of people find it unstable, though its fine here.

Skewed more to guitaristy use, IMO. Think pedal outboard type blocks, more bread-and-butter. More flexible routing than BYOME, in that it does parallel chains.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

dermage wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:04 pm So this can be had for $29 until end of November.

I have not had the stability issues of others, but it is a fun tool, which I don't use very often.
I might have a play with it over the weekend.
Don't crack have said sales this month will be plowed back into updating the products
http://www.dontcrack.com/news/2018/11/a ... -up-to-80/

So hopefully, it might get some love soon.

Return to “Effects”