Any opinions on Atomic Reverb?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
AtomicReverb

Hi folks,

Has anyone bought or tested Atomic Reverb?

http://www.molecularbytes.com/mbcms/ind ... omicreverb

I haven't downloaded and tested the demo, only listened to the samples on the website. Those samples, however, didn't convince me. The reverb inserted on the dry signals didn't at all sound natural to me, it somehow sounded rather like "plastic" or "metal".

Of course you can't expect a world class reverb for that price, but I've bought more natural sounding reverbs for about the same amount.

What do you think?

It's the best VST reverb I've ever seen.
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

Nothing spectacular, sounds about as good as EpicVerb. In case you've missed it, check out the valhalladsp vintageverb and valhallaroom, sounds more natural in my opinion (although still only algo verbs, but pretty damn good).

"still only algo verbs"? Naah, not my cup of anything. There's nothing better than a convolution reverb. Algos are for sissies, ey?
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

DuX wrote:"still only algo verbs"? Naah, not my cup of anything. There's nothing better than a convolution reverb. Algos are for sissies, ey?
And yet you call Atomic Reverb, an algorithmic reverb, "the best VST reverb I've ever seen."?? :roll:(I'm guessing you meant heard, the gui looks kinda meh) Kinda hard to tell if you're being sarcastic.

Also that post was directed at TS.
Last edited by icantdub on Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:14 am, edited 2 times in total.

I meant "seen". :D

DuX wrote:I meant "seen". :D
Oh, very well then, simple misunderstanding I suppose.

It's da-bomb

Sorry, couldn't resist!

^^^I wondered how long it would take someone to post that comment. I was about to do it myself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIBJMV9bc80

I tested the trial and played a bit.. This thing really sounds (and looks ;)) cool and *much* better than EpicVerb!
It makes cool room sounds and the reverb is very soft, there's no platic or metal - But it depends on the settings - you CAN make it sound like plastic/metal :)

IMO its a competitor of Aether and Vallhalla, using my test-samples I'm able to produce nearly the same sounds in all of them. Vallhalla's late-verb is nice, but sounds always the same. (BTW: I dont't like dumb *modern* FLAT GUIs with max 2 colors... :shock:).

Price is ok!

icantdub wrote:Nothing spectacular, sounds about as good as EpicVerb. In case you've missed it, check out the valhalladsp vintageverb and valhallaroom, sounds more natural in my opinion (although still only algo verbs, but pretty damn good).
Well, I've read lots of highly positive opinions on the Valhalla range of effects. But as good as they may be, I would never buy any of them - simply because of the GUIs, which in my opinion look extremely ugly and cheap. I'm a sucker for nice vintage or 3D GUIs, but the Valhalla stuff looks like software used to look on Ataris or Amigas. Simply a no-go for me.
Last edited by Skorpius on Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Crimson70 wrote:I tested the trial and played a bit.. This thing really sounds (and looks ;)) cool and *much* better than EpicVerb!
It makes cool room sounds and the reverb is very soft, there's no platic or metal - But it depends on the settings - you CAN make it sound like plastic/metal :)

IMO its a competitor of Aether and Vallhalla, using my test-samples I'm able to produce nearly the same sounds in all of them. Vallhalla's late-verb is nice, but sounds always the same. (BTW: I dont't like dumb *modern* FLAT GUIs with max 2 colors... :shock:).

Price is ok!
Thanks! One of the few serious answers so far.

And I totally agree with you about the flat GUIs. See my reply above.

It's very very good i was testing it the other day. It' exquisitely clean.

It's an earth reverb, but i already have earverb for that, but if you don't have a "natural" reverb yet, as in, one to use when you want something to blend easily to the mix and sound part of the original sound, then this is a very fine alternative.

You can use this and say something like NI's new LEX 480 or 224 for the big lush sounds, and between those two have everything you need.

anybody seen the new minimal instruments dreamscape??? thats shit LOOKS awesome. now how does it sound? i wonder...

http://www.minimalsystem.com/pioneers/#.UQGfn2fMK70

AstralExistence wrote:anybody seen the new minimal instruments dreamscape??? thats shit LOOKS awesome. now how does it sound? i wonder...

http://www.minimalsystem.com/pioneers/#.UQGfn2fMK70
I've just had a look and must agree, that Dreamscape GUI does look awesome.

We're getting bombed with new reverbs these days, aren't we? It'll be taking lots of time and comparing to pick out the right (new) reverb very soon.

And since we're talking about awesome GUIs, you should have a look at Sknote's XTrim:

http://www.sknote.it/Images/XTrim/XTrim.jpg

Call me nuts, but although I don't really need it, I'm even thinking of buying it simply because it looks so damn nice.

Excellent work, Quinto! :tu:

Return to “Effects”