DMG EQuilibrium

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Please post about Dave Gamble's EQuilibrium equalizer plug-in here.

DMG Audio: http://dmgaudio.com/

DMGAudio Dev Blog: http://blog.dmgaudio.com/

Thanks!

does the new EQ have the annoying bug that all your other plug ins have that makes you have to click a parameter like 4 times before you can manually enter a value?

Dave offered to answer questions. So, bring 'em on. I'd like to see what it looks like and what the pricing will be (up/cross-grade, etc.).

If this EQ is really better than EQuick or EQuality, then this would really be a killer.
It's all about the wavelets. I dream of the perfect additive synthesis.
You can hire me if you are in Toronto! Contact for details.

I guess it's supposed to take from both current EQs plus offer more. Seems like a great option.
You are currently reading my signature.

T Roll wrote:does the new EQ have the annoying bug that all your other plug ins have that makes you have to click a parameter like 4 times before you can manually enter a value?
This is a good complaint, but strange one, and I would like to ask -- do you often work by manually entering a value? Because I've never seen someone do that. (Well, with in hardware units in real life you generally don't do that anyway...)
It's all about the wavelets. I dream of the perfect additive synthesis.
You can hire me if you are in Toronto! Contact for details.

schnapsglas wrote:...do you often work by manually entering a value?
almost always...

Is this EQ going to have a dual channel approach (L/R or M/S) like the Brainworx Digital V2, Manley Massive Passive or GML 9500 Mastering Equalizer for example?

I would kill (no, not really) for a GML 9500 in software!
Untold Stories Vol.1 - 64 Arturia MiniFreak presets
Analog History - 84 Behringer DeepMind 6/12/12D presets
Earth & Stars - 139 Free Patches for SuperMassive
Website

As do I. To an OCD level.
Has anybody ever really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Dave hasn't gone into much details about the multi channel and surround features other than to say that they are supported but I think that m/s style encoding between multiple channels will be possible and available per band (from discussions on the blog).

He did confirm to me the other day that along with nearly every concievable filter type, he has included an all pass filter with variable order and Q which I and a few others asked for :)

I think the circuit models for Neve, SSL, Pultec, API and Harrison etc. will get a lot of people excited. Parallel modes and complete control over phase should be very useful as well. I think there is a low latency analog phase mode now too.

This plugin really is exciting me and I haven't even seen a screenshot yet! :)

I just hope it is easy to use, like Equick.....Compassion still sounds great but I rarely ever use it......for an audio/engineer geek its a treasure I am sure.
I like things that are ez to operate.... get me the sound I want as quickly as possible...

rsp
sound sculptist

Exactly what do you use allpass filters for again? Last time I tried to use one on DDMF it didn't actually do anything...
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

T Roll wrote:does the new EQ have the annoying bug that all your other plug ins have that makes you have to click a parameter like 4 times before you can manually enter a value?
I'm sure you can have a preference for that if you want?

But seriously, lemme fix that for you, it's not on any bug list here. What platform/format is this? Mac/AU/x32?

Dave.
[ DMGAudio ] | [ DMGAudio Blog ] | dave AT dmgaudio DOT com

antithesist wrote:Dave offered to answer questions. So, bring 'em on. I'd like to see what it looks like and what the pricing will be (up/cross-grade, etc.).
What it looks like is very tricky, because the entire UI is completely customisable.
So, if you wanted just some meters and gain faders, you could probably do that.

Pricing we're still working on.

Dave.

djanthonyw wrote:I guess it's supposed to take from both current EQs plus offer more. Seems like a great option.
A lot more. Scorb's post is pretty informative.

Dave.

Return to “Effects”