PSP MasterComp. Please discuss (on sale for $49 atm).

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Endor-8o8 wrote:MasterComp is a very different beast than Novatron. Novatron is all about vibe, saturation and color. MasterComp is about transparent and clean Bus/Mastering compression duties.
This is very true but I'm wondering if there's anything about MasterComp that isn't accomplished better these days by newer tech (i.e. TDR Kotelnikov etc)

jbarish wrote:
Endor-8o8 wrote:MasterComp is a very different beast than Novatron. Novatron is all about vibe, saturation and color. MasterComp is about transparent and clean Bus/Mastering compression duties.
This is very true but I'm wondering if there's anything about MasterComp that isn't accomplished better these days by newer tech (i.e. TDR Kotelnikov etc)
You should give a try to both. Maybe for very clean mastering and bus compression Kotelnikov is better. A lot of people rave about Kotelnikov and its clean results.
You can download the free version of Kotelnikov and try the demo of MasterComp. Your ears and material will judge if it's missing in your arsenal or not.

EDIT : Kotelnikov will not need Ilok. :wink:

Endor-8o8 wrote:
jbarish wrote:
You should give a try to both. Maybe for very clean mastering and bus compression Kotelnikov is better. A lot of people rave about Kotelnikov and its clean results.
You can download the free version of Kotelnikov and try the demo of MasterComp. Your ears and material will judge if it's missing in your arsenal or not.

EDIT : Kotelnikov will not need Ilok. :wink:
I already own Kotelnikov, so I think I'm good unless anyone can tell me something MasterComp can do better.
Then I'll need to investigate. $29 is a great deal but not so much if I've already got those bases covered.

MasterComp can do expansion with fractional ratios, not sure if Kotelnikov can do that.

MasterComp hasn't been updated in years and brings FL Studio to a crawl where it takes 30 seconds just to click a button.

I got it in a trade with other PSP plugins but honestly I've never ever been able to use it. Ditto Buspressor. I sent a support email to PSP but they never responded. Don't get me wrong, they make some absolutely incredible stuff (e27, FETpressor) that work perfectly bug-free.

Kotelnikov is wonderful though. Are you looking for something cheap-ish but more "colourful" to complement it? Check out MJUC.

Near impossible to pass up for less than 22 EUR in My Account @ PSP. The few reviews I've read are very positive.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLW93tCQWEE
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Edit; nevermind
Last edited by electricthing on Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I'm not a person whom favour ilok, but I understand why many developers are migrating to it. these kinda of of misunderstanding would be avoid. and slate opened "all the doors" to ilok.

anyway, hope psp puts its effects bundle on sale. hopefully I'm buying it.

edit: ps: developers should think about Valhalla or TDR plugins business model imo. that way these kind of misunderstanding would be avoided. make it non-recallable or silence every 30 seconds, and downloadable only when u buy it. and that would prevent u to join ilok. I'd much prefer non ilok protection as ilok *****. can't even imagine how developers feel that they have to pay to get protected and being "cracked" even so. waste of money, time, and bad to end customers. anyway, I understand them.
Last edited by michaeltn86 on Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

edit; nevermind
Last edited by electricthing on Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sorry. there's nothing to read and I bumped this topic so psp can have more sales ;p

Wow $29 ? Unless you already havea great transparent, clean compressor it is a no brainer. I paid much more and i'm quite happy with it.
gadgets an gizmos..make noise https://soundcloud.com/crystalawareness Restocked: 3/24
old stuff http://ww.dancingbearaudioresearch.com/
if this post is edited -it was for punctuation, grammar, or to make it coherent (or make me seem coherent).

I have fabfilter pro-c2 for transparent job.
do i need this one?

TDR Kotelnikov is certainly the most transparent compressor and it is excellent.

I personally prefer Mastercomp though. It's also transparent but not as much. So it still has a bit of a character you'd expect from a buss compressor. I also prefer it to The Glue. It sounds clean but not sterile
and is great for cleaning up and making lower frequencies tighter. Also the metering is really great.

My 2 cents

Return to “Effects”