Looking for a software delay similar to the Moogerfooger delay

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Gosh, I realize this may be a (very?) tall order and many of you haven't played with one. I used to be a hardware guy, and now using all software I'm looking for a sweet delay that can get pretty trippy like the Moog delay. I am looking to mostly use it with synths and it must be available for Mac. Lower price is always better. Suggestions?

Seems like something Waves H-Delay could do. Now I haven't heard the Moogerfooger Delay in person, so I just go by the controls. At any rate, H-Delay is a pretty sweet delay.

(for trippy delay heaven, never forget FabFilter Timeless though)

If u use Pro Tools there is an whole bundle with all Moog effects almost

Thanks for the replies so far. Using S1.

So what does the Moogerfooger delay do that's so special? Not being skeptical, just interested.
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

Sendy wrote:So what does the Moogerfooger delay do that's so special? Not being skeptical, just interested.
Not really sure. It just really sounded great and I could get some great trippy results. I don't know much about delays in general to be honest.

A short example of the stuff I would like to do is the 45 second intro to the song here I did many years ago with just a synth and the delay. Maybe many things can do this sort of thing, but perhaps posting it will help show what type of effect I'm looking for:

https://soundcloud.com/donchesson/to-new-horizons

BDeep wrote:Seems like something Waves H-Delay could do. Now I haven't heard the Moogerfooger Delay in person, so I just go by the controls. At any rate, H-Delay is a pretty sweet delay.

(for trippy delay heaven, never forget FabFilter Timeless though)
H-delay is nice.
Could well do what you're after.

Nothing that I know comes close to the MF 104 .
Even the Moogerfooger plug ins for PT don't sound authentic.

But that doesn't mean that there aren't cool software delays.

I love Timeless2 , Bloom , Echoboy and Eventide H3000 ... all capable of really trippy stuff :)

Mf104 is a sweet delay. Analog at it's best. Nothing in software form has quite captured that mojo, yet. There are some good sounding "vintage" delays in software form, though. Echoboy or The UAD Echoplex and spacecho comes to mind.

If you want a more modern sounding delay, with almost endless posibilities, then check out MFM2 from U-he. A third one, which I'm digging ATM, is Ubermod from Valhalla. it can do fun stuff.

Based on what I hear in your example I would first go for Ohmboyz to try to replicate. Then I would try Timeless 2.

But now I found this video on the free ET-301 delay. Everyone should have this in their arsenal:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpwhIgMV4N8
Play it by ear

Looks like I've got a good list of things to demo! Thanks guys, and keep the rec's coming. Unfortunately for me the ET-301 delay seems to be Windows only, so that won't be an option.

donato wrote:Looks like I've got a good list of things to demo! Thanks guys, and keep the rec's coming. Unfortunately for me the ET-301 delay seems to be Windows only, so that won't be an option.
Sorry, I didn't see it had to be for Mac :oops:
Play it by ear

+1 for Valhalla ÜberMod

It looks good... ;)

No worries, pheeleep!

I earlier demo'd very briefly before I started this thread UberMod and perhaps I didn't spend enough time with it, but I don't think it's what I'm looking for. I have Valhalla Room and I love it, and given the reviews for UberMod I think I was expected to be more blown away. Perhaps it's just not the type of delay I'm looking for...

Without demoing the other stuff yet, I was reading about Dubstation. Does anyone have experience with this? Cheap, but one of the reviews I read fits the bill perhaps.

I was reading a bit about Bloom, but it seems overly-complicated. I like simple if possible.

Some of the other recommendations require UAD accelerator cards and the like- that's not an option. I do have an iLok, but is iLok 1 and I don't intend to go to 2 anytime soon (eliminating the Eventide idea).

Anyway, keep up the ideas!!! :)

Return to “Effects”