IK T-RackS collections

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

So, IK has introduces the T-RackS collections (with a group buy by the way), bundles of 3 or 4 T-RackS effects for a reduced price.

Those collections are:
1. T-RackS British Studio Series
- British Channel
- White Channel
- Bus Compressor

2. T-RackS Vintage Compressors
- Black 76
- White 2A
- Vintage Compressor 670
- Opto Compressor

3. T-RackS Multiband Series
- Quad Comp
- Quad Lim
- Quad Image
- De-Esser

First of all, I think it's a good idea to offer those bundles. The plugins are top-notch.

It's a bit of a pity that Grand users are left out, though, as everything is included in or has overlap with Grand. Why isn't there a collection of stuff that came after Grand? I'd certainly be interested in a bundle of e.g. White Channel, Bus Compressor and Precision Comp/Lim and/or Tape Echo. How about a custom collection at a reduced price?

P.S.: Do the bundles have a serial number, ie. do they register as a dedicated product in the user account? If so, they can be sold again, right?

It's a bit of a pity that Grand users are left out, though, as everything is included in or has overlap with Grand.
that surprise you? me not, lately. :)

Well, the vintage compressor bundle sure looks appealing to me, even if they shelled out the opto compressor for free last month. But three comps for 119€ is quite good and could be the last nail in the coffin for my UAD card... Are there demos??

You can install the free T-RackS CS and test them in the shell. Only the full versions come as single plugins unless they have changed that recently.

Well, paterpeter, your suggestion is an excellent one.

That should answer your question. :lol:

Cheers
-B
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

I'd get the vintage comps, if I wouldn't have half of them in my setup already (being a Deluxe user).

Again, I'm also not suprised how IKM handles that.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Yes. I own all of those outside of the White Channel and the Bus Compressor.

This offer seems mostly directed towards those with only a few total IKM T-Racks plugins and not for us who have most.

Not that I'm complaining, but merely stating this deal doesn't apply for everyone nor do I think it was intended to apply for everyone.

sebaden wrote:
It's a bit of a pity that Grand users are left out, though, as everything is included in or has overlap with Grand.
that surprise you? me not, lately. :)
ditto. It's funny, for some reason I'd actually would like to spend money on IK stuff as I genuinely get a kick out of digital audio, recording, etc. and like to learn new gear, but it is as if they try very hard to disenchant existing users at every single opportunity. The month of gear sales literally just ended locking out existing users every week, and here we go again.
too much is never enough. - gmontano on esoundz.com

If you have some, you can always pick up each piece of gear separately in Custom Shop. If you have a number of models you want, you can get a larger Gear Credit pack for less cost per credit, thus driving the cost down more. Sounds kind of like you can almost do a custom bundle and save, doesn't it?

Edit - and the Group Buy is indeed not for everyone, as pointed out. Probably why the threshold is lower than usual. Every deal can't be a perfect fit for everybody.

Those with other editions, etc of T-RackS can follow this from the news piece: "Can't get enough? If you own any of the T-RackS editions including these new collections, upgrade to the biggest T-RackS Collection of all, T-RackS Grand, starting from $199.99/€159.99 to $299.99/€239.99."

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:If you have some, you can always pick up each piece of gear separately in Custom Shop. If you have a number of models you want, you can get a larger Gear Credit pack for less cost per credit, thus driving the cost down more. Sounds kind of like you can almost do a custom bundle and save, doesn't it?

Edit - and the Group Buy is indeed not for everyone, as pointed out. Probably why the threshold is lower than usual. Every deal can't be a perfect fit for everybody.

Those with other editions, etc of T-RackS can follow this from the news piece: "Can't get enough? If you own any of the T-RackS editions including these new collections, upgrade to the biggest T-RackS Collection of all, T-RackS Grand, starting from $199.99/€159.99 to $299.99/€239.99."
Peter, you guys are spoiling us with some of the best algorithmic compressors ever made (especially with the SSL and 33609 models). I'm sure the development time is a painstaking process but I hope to someday see IK's interpretation of something like an API 525/5502 and Tube Tech CL1B. Haha, in the meantime spoiled me will have to realize that Rome wasn't built in the day. Getting plenty of use out of the Bus Compression and Precision Limiter. Yahoo!

nice group buy but not for all of the users who are using Grand or Deluxe already for example.

what about to be able to buy a gear credit pack for 119.99€ in this group buy for this users and also the ability to get a second pack if the goal of 250 buyers will be reached? ;)

...just some thoughts... :D

VitaminD wrote:Yes. I own all of those outside of the White Channel and the Bus Compressor.

This offer seems mostly directed towards those with only a few total IKM T-Racks plugins and not for us who have most.

Not that I'm complaining, but merely stating this deal doesn't apply for everyone nor do I think it was intended to apply for everyone.
+1 - I also only miss the White Channel and the Bus Compressor (and the Tape Sim, but for that I maybe get Satin instead)
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote:
VitaminD wrote:Yes. I own all of those outside of the White Channel and the Bus Compressor.

+1 - I also only miss the White Channel and the Bus Compressor (and the Tape Sim, but for that I maybe get Satin instead)
There isn't any tape sim yet.

Just a "tape delay". But nothing like a tracking or mastering tape machine emulation.

AC222 wrote:Peter, you guys are spoiling us with some of the best algorithmic compressors ever made (especially with the SSL and 33609 models). I'm sure the development time is a painstaking process but I hope to someday see IK's interpretation of something like an API 525/5502 and Tube Tech CL1B. Haha, in the meantime spoiled me will have to realize that Rome wasn't built in the day. Getting plenty of use out of the Bus Compression and Precision Limiter. Yahoo!
Hell yeah if they could release some top-notch API emulations, I'm in !

That said, UAD set the bar real high with their "API 500 Series EQ Plug-In Collection".

With such deep emulations featuring modeling of "the entire electronic path, including custom API 2520 op-amps and transformers, band interactions, and internal clipped filter distortion".

If IK can live up to these standards, bring it on, as well as Neve 1073 and 1081 !

But as of now, I'm hoping for the "Purple Collection" :D ! Yeah, I mean Manley Massive Passive equalizer (Mastering version) and Vari-Mu compressor.

Yes I'm look forward to what Ik comes up with next!

As the Precision compressor wasn't bundled as part of the British studio, I'm wondering if they may be creating more to join it in a second British collection..

Return to “Effects”