IK T-RackS collections

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

Novalis wrote:
t00nz wrote:
Service manager is not loaded into my DAW.
Why do you load CS into your DAW?
I never had to do that.
I think this sums up the misunderstanding about Custom Shop perfectly. You don't have to run it in your DAW, ever. Once again, it is simply a browser for the functions I've already mentioned.

I'm not here "dragging up" or debating anything, just clarifying where I feel it needs clarification. Believe it or don't, but the re-listed suggestions have been heard and we are making changes to Custom Shop. I don't think it is realistic from either people here or IK to expect that everything on everybody's list will be implemented as Custom Shop evolves nor that we'd completely throw it out based on a single segment of the large amount of data upon which we have to base decisions. It will evolve, though, and we have heard many suggestions and I do believe that people who are not fans of it will come back on board in the future. If not, that's cool of course.

I will also try to clarify myths when I see them too. One popular Custom Shop myth is stated above, that you need to be connected to the internet to use your plugins. Nope. You need to run Custom Shop during a trial period but you don't have to connect to the internet to do anything except try, buy, or restore your gear. Once in your DAW you have no requirement to be connected unless you are trying a plugin in T-RackS or AmpliTube.

ironflippy wrote:It doesn't bother me so much, but I think the thing that people don't like about Custom Shop is that it's a store within a plugin. It's too invasive for a lot of users. If the Custom Shop were just a section of the IK website where you can purchase the plugins and install the "normal" way it might satisfy a lot of people.

Anyway, looking forward to participating in this group buy next week when I get paid!
It is a browser that is in no way required to run while you use the plugins you've tried, bought, or restored using it unless you are running a plugin in trial mode.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:
Novalis wrote:
t00nz wrote:
Service manager is not loaded into my DAW.
Why do you load CS into your DAW?
I never had to do that.
I think this sums up the misunderstanding about Custom Shop perfectly. You don't have to run it in your DAW, ever. Once again, it is simply a browser for the functions I've already mentioned.

I'm not here "dragging up" or debating anything, just clarifying where I feel it needs clarification. Believe it or don't, but the re-listed suggestions have been heard and we are making changes to Custom Shop. I don't think it is realistic from either people here or IK to expect that everything on everybody's list will be implemented as Custom Shop evolves nor that we'd completely throw it out based on a single segment of the large amount of data upon which we have to base decisions. It will evolve, though, and we have heard many suggestions and I do believe that people who are not fans of it will come back on board in the future. If not, that's cool of course.
Apologies if this misrepresents custom shop, but it was based on my experience. When I loaded the plugins they opened custom shop, or asked me to, which opened some registration manager which said the plugins were out of date, which directed me to installers, which re-installed custom shop and new alternate versions of the plugins, which claimed to be unregistered, which directed me to custom shop and so on. And this because, IK want me to install a shop?

If I have made an inaccuracy about loading the shop in the DAW, then I accept that. I see no response to any of the rest of the user experience or points though, which I think sums something else up.

Anyway , best of luck to you guys with it whatever you decide... just not my cup of tea.

Skorpius wrote:
Novalis wrote:I don't really understand this CS bashing - altough I'm not a big fan of it either.
I'd rather call it serious criticism - expressed over and over again ever since CS was released.
No, actually it's bashing and spamming.
New Channel Strip = :x CS
New GUI to Channel Strip = :x CS
New Compressor = :x CS
New Limiter = :x CS
New freebies = :x CS
Price Drop = :x CS
As much as I understand people with offline DAWs, this gets annoying.

I didn't realise that the plugins got renamed but I suppose that's pretty obvious thinking about it.

I am sooo relieved that I didn't install CS on my main DAW now. It would have broken all projects with IK plugins in.

This is actually worse than some of my other complaints to be honest. Renaming the plugins: Why would any developer do that?

There is simply no need for any of this nonsense.

Shame.
I once thought I had mono for an entire year. It turned out I was just really bored...

sorohanro wrote:
Skorpius wrote:
Novalis wrote:I don't really understand this CS bashing - altough I'm not a big fan of it either.
I'd rather call it serious criticism - expressed over and over again ever since CS was released.
That's a ridiculous argument.

All of the above would be perfectly possible were custom shop never conceived of.

Get a grip.

The criticism for CS is justified, understandable and well founded. Custom shop benefits IK Multimedia, not musicians.

I didn't realise that you had to be connected to the net simply to demo a plugin. The more this gets discussed and the more I learn about CS the more ridiculous it gets.

I wouldn't give a toss but I do actually want to use the plugins and am 99.99% sure that IK will release something soon that I would snap up were it not for all this BS.

Ok, I'm going to keep out of it now.

Cheers

Scorb
I once thought I had mono for an entire year. It turned out I was just really bored...

djscorb wrote:
This is actually worse than some of my other complaints to be honest. Renaming the plugins: Why would any developer do that?
Exactly.
This is the major annoyance.

That's why I don't understand why people go on and on about other things...
and don't talk about the only change which really affects work (for older projects).

djscorb wrote:This is actually worse than some of my other complaints to be honest. Renaming the plugins: Why would any developer do that?
because they're not the same plugins anymore? CSR got 64-bit support, White 2A and Black 76 got an overhaul, and they all got integrated into a new shell*?

* btw i suspect not all plugins got renamed - or rather they were renamed but kept the same plugin ID, i might be wrong about that though
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Novalis wrote:
djscorb wrote:
Exactly.
This is the major annoyance.

That's why I don't understand why people go on and on about other things...
and don't talk about the only change which really affects work (for older projects).
AFAIK, you don't need to uninstall anything. You can keep the old plug-ins (which will be loaded in the old projects) and use the new plug-ins in your new projects. Or you can opt for replace the old plug-ins for the new, using the same settings.
Fernando (FMR)

It sounds like I'm in for some real fun and games next time I have to do a full system reinstall.

Ouch!

If on a new install you can have both versions of the plugin then I guess it is workable. A lot of extra messing about though and doubling up of plugins. Not very elegant.

I hope there aren't any more unpleasant surprises. Anyone else got any legitimate complaints other than those mentioned above? I don't want to be negative or a basher of IK but complaining to myself won't change anything and this stuff really does matter to me.

Cheers

Scorb

djscorb wrote:
sorohanro wrote:
Skorpius wrote:
Scorb
Actually no.
If there is a discussion about a channel strip, about the EQ curves, the filters and the color of the compressor, i want to know about the EQ curves, filters and compressor, not about CS.

If there is a discussion about a limiter, how it emulate the hardware, how close you can get to the classic sound, I want to know about how it emulates the hardware, not about CS.

If there is a price drop, I want to see how it compare with the price of competitors, not about CS.

And as a musician, CS works well for me, because I can get just the gear I want or need, without buying a whole collection, wait to the CD/ DVD to be sent by post, or use a separate download manager, then install and set again and again the custom location for my VST folder.
With CS I set once the VST folder and my plugins go there with no fuss.
If my system cleaner mess up something, I can just open CS and hit "restore gear" and my plugins work again.

Yes, I see, there is another program installed on my computer, but what's so bad? I mean, meanwhile I have at least 8 games installed, 2 DAWs and a notation program, 2 sound editors... etc
Yes, you need to be online for about 5 minutes to use CS and install your plugins, I am online all the time, I watch "Pensado's Place" to get some ideas and listen to "Spotify" as a reference for my mix.
Oh... there is invasive, like NSA... is not like you have a profile on KVR, Facebook, maybe MySpace...etc...

I understand, some people have negative opinions about a thing, some people don't. The people with negative opinions about CS should make a thread about CS, then I will get there and spam it with info about EQ curves, compressor settings and other unrelated info.

i stopped to complain about CS here because i was banned two weeks and the reason was "trolling IK Threads" so you've all been warned.

for me there's no reason anyway since it's that simple: i dont use their stuff anymore and they lost me as customer. everybody else who love it, keep on loving it! so yeah.. the rest stfu! :hihi:
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

The Custom Shop works as we have built it. We are striving to improve it with each update, bring new gear, more features and since we have released more gear than every before.
No longer with IK. Here is my Website | Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Instagram

sorohanro wrote:
djscorb wrote:
sorohanro wrote:
Skorpius wrote:
Scorb
Actually no.
If there is a discussion about a channel strip, about the EQ curves, the filters and the color of the compressor, i want to know about the EQ curves, filters and compressor, not about CS.

If there is a discussion about a limiter, how it emulate the hardware, how close you can get to the classic sound, I want to know about how it emulates the hardware, not about CS.

If there is a price drop, I want to see how it compare with the price of competitors, not about CS.....
I see your point now and agree. Sorry to derail the thread. I thought you were suggesting that none of the new plugins and freebies etc would be possible without CS having been introduced.

I actually had no intention to comment about CS. It was Peter asking what was wrong with Custom shop that prompted me to reply. He clearly wasn't being rhetorical with his question and to suggest that he genuiely didn't know what users felt was wrong with it didn't sit well with me as I know full well that he has read many posts in the past regarding this very subject.

Anyway, no more CS bashing from me in threads not specifically about it ;)

Cheers

Scorb

Return to “Effects”