NI Molekular [threads merged]

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

zerocrossing wrote:
arachnaut wrote:I think that folks who complain about the price don't realize the amount of work that goes into building something like this.
For me, it's not that. It's that I'm a Komplete owner if if they're going to make this part of Komplete in the future it would be silly for me to shell out money now for something I'll get in a future update. I've been holding out to go to Komplete 9 because I didn't quite think there was enough difference between 8 and 9, but if they add this to 9 I'll be all over it like mustache wax on hipsters.
Can't you sell your "doubles", though?

I own K9. Say I buy Molekular now, then Molekular becomes a part of K10U and I buy the K10U upgrade; can't I sell my separate Molekular license and use the one that came with the K10U upgrade?

It's getting kind of ridiculous; I haven't bought Kinetic Metal because I expect that to become a part of K10U, too.

It seems like a lot of us have been conditioned to wait for these sales.
"The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense, not between right and wrong." - Carl Jung

I think NI has been pretty generous allowing people to resell. I know that "technically" they don't have to.

Yes, you can sell your "doubles".

aMUSEd wrote:So lots of core being used?
Quite obviously. :)

I am not sure if it has been mentionned earlier, sorry if so - cannot check here due to the really poor connection of the boat I am writing this message from, but what pisses me off is the Reaktor 5.9 and above only compatibility.
5.9 means being on OSX 10.7 minimum... and 10.6.8 is by far the most stable os on mac for audio... Most developpers here have taken this fact into account. NI has not.

hibidy wrote:I think NI has been pretty generous allowing people to resell. I know that "technically" they don't have to.
No, but "practically" it's an excellent way to spread the interest in their products. It does prompt people who already are in the Komplete cycle to wait if they can't afford it, and allows those who can to buy it right away knowing that they can use it now and recoup some of their investment down the road. It also allows people who aren't into Komplete at all to get the plugins they want cheaper from the resales at a later date. And it fosters good feelings about the company in general by allowing all this to happen. Think of what it would do to them if they didn't allow it. ;)

But don't they have to do this now because of ECC laws?

Personally I'd like to see Molekular unbound from Reaktor...

arachnaut wrote:
BDeep wrote:I'm curious as to what extend the various effect modules can be re-used in other ensembles. I guess the main issue would be that you'd have to have some considerable experience in Reaktor UI crafting to make it work from an interface persepctive. Or is the entire ensemble locked completely?
Guess I will have to try the demo later this evening.
The ensemble is unlocked, but you would need considerable expertise and study to use the internal modules elsewhere.
The demo version is locked.

The original Kore ensembles from the Deep Series are easier to extract and use.
Thanks for that! I'm guessing to only way to obtain the Deep Series is to buy the Kore pack second hand?

I hope it works in bitwig :hihi:

BDeep wrote:
arachnaut wrote:
BDeep wrote:I'm curious as to what extend the various effect modules can be re-used in other ensembles. I guess the main issue would be that you'd have to have some considerable experience in Reaktor UI crafting to make it work from an interface persepctive. Or is the entire ensemble locked completely?
Guess I will have to try the demo later this evening.
The ensemble is unlocked, but you would need considerable expertise and study to use the internal modules elsewhere.
The demo version is locked.

The original Kore ensembles from the Deep Series are easier to extract and use.
Thanks for that! I'm guessing to only way to obtain the Deep Series is to buy the Kore pack second hand?
I'd be glad to sell you my Kore Deep Freq pack.

Oh yeah, I forgot I have that too! :lol:

I'll keep mine though. I still have the kore free x64 plug and I'm pretty sure it works with that.

hangars liquides wrote:I am not sure if it has been mentionned earlier, sorry if so - cannot check here due to the really poor connection of the boat I am writing this message from, but what pisses me off is the Reaktor 5.9 and above only compatibility.
5.9 means being on OSX 10.7 minimum... and 10.6.8 is by far the most stable os on mac for audio... Most developpers here have taken this fact into account. NI has not.

10.8.5 has been rock solid for me for along time now. i stay on 10.6.8 until i had to update and and 10.8.5 has been great.. well, once i nuked the notification center and turned off gatekeeper etc.

but it's a good OS imo.

Just been demoing it and....My word! Oh my freaking wordular word!

This thing is FX heaven! I think I have an earektion.
Q. Why is a mouse when it spins?
A. The higher the fewer.

zerocrossing wrote:
arachnaut wrote:I think that folks who complain about the price don't realize the amount of work that goes into building something like this.
For me, it's not that. It's that I'm a Komplete owner if if they're going to make this part of Komplete in the future it would be silly for me to shell out money now for something I'll get in a future update. I've been holding out to go to Komplete 9 because I didn't quite think there was enough difference between 8 and 9, but if they add this to 9 I'll be all over it like mustache wax on hipsters.
I understand that point, but it's not likely NI will incorporate something like this until they recoup their investment.
I can easily see that Denis may have worked on this for several years - and that was after he already wrote the major pieces for the Kore series.

I can also see why this is not for everyone - the vast majority compose beats and grid-oriented musical structures.

I see this as mostly geared to the extremophiles and it will take some time for them to fully appreciate.

I've been using many Kore Deep Freq presets for the last several years, often many times a week, and I'm always learning something new. This is even more radical.

Also, the presets are there to give you some ideas - since they are so extremely radical and idiosyncratic, you will almost have to spend some amount of time tweaking and customizing to get what you are after.

EDIT: I just edited this to add some musical examples I've made using Kore Deep Freq and related stuff over the last short time.

These sorts of things should be easy to replicate and improve in Molekular:

http://soundcloud.com/arachnaut/the-kit ... ht-she-was

http://soundcloud.com/arachnaut/debatin ... scal-cliff

http://soundcloud.com/arachnaut/shaken-stirred

http://soundcloud.com/arachnaut/sets/crepusculum-i-v
Last edited by arachnaut on Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jim Hurley - experimental music
Windows 10 Pro (20H2 19042.662); i9-9900K@5.1GHz;
Cakewalk; Adam Audio A8X; Axiom 61

A modern eventide, with a proper interface. Incredibly inspiring :clap:

I can see myself using this to create a bunch of audio tracks and then selecting portions that I like to use as fade in/out transitions between sections. I've still chosen to tie myself to the grid for now. Easier to drag in or create percussive sections that way (for me anyway).
In rotation here: Hammock- Stranded Under Endless Sky

Return to “Effects”