Congrats Fabfilter: 10 years (and -40%)!

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Effects discussion
KVRAF
4439 posts since 4 Aug, 2006 from Helsinki

Post Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:05 am

Now one can´t avoid some loss of money. H.
Last edited by Harry_HH on Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

3ee
KVRAF
3817 posts since 8 Mar, 2006

Post Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:11 am

Finally, discount on individual plugins! :clap:
Happy Birthday! :party:

Demoing Pro-MB :D

KVRAF
1700 posts since 22 Apr, 2009 from Belgrade

Post Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:48 am

Happy anniversary FabFilter!

:party:

One of the best companies around!
Bedroom Producers Blog << Free VST Plugins!

KVRian
535 posts since 8 Jul, 2009

Post Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:31 am

Happy birthday!

My advice: buy the Total Bundle. It's a bargain for less than 500 euro! My most used plugins for eq, limiting, compression, delay, filter, etc.

KVRAF
5047 posts since 15 Dec, 2011 from Bucharest, Romania

Post Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:54 am

:party: :party: :party:
40% off? :dog: :borg:

KVRAF
2549 posts since 31 Dec, 2004 from People's Republic of Minnesota

Post Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:10 am

I own like 7 of their plugins so I qualify for a whopping 5% extra discount.

-Sam

KVRAF
2134 posts since 11 Oct, 2007 from Almanya

Post Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:32 pm

Wait... isn't there a "minus 5% for new customers" discount?
Does that work in addition to the current 40% off?
And does the "returning customer" discount work in addition to that?

I really don't want to be cheap, but why spend more than necessary.
I don't work here, I just feed the trolls.
My sales thread @ Market Place
My website with lots of free stuff:
Sampled drums and instruments | Clipping plugin | Shure SRH840 EQ correction presets | SFZ syntax mode for Coda2

KVRist
295 posts since 8 Mar, 2007

Post Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:00 pm

Yeah! Why support hard working developers of quality products? Take them for all they've got!

:roll:

KVRAF
2549 posts since 31 Dec, 2004 from People's Republic of Minnesota

Post Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:11 pm

careyletendre wrote:Yeah! Why support hard working developers of quality products? Take them for all they've got!

:roll:
Why piss all over existing customers by selling licenses at a huge discount to new customers? If you don't own many Fabfilter plugins then it's great. If you own several of them...then it's kind of annoying. That's why I like u-he's method of sales....there ARE none. There's a fixed price and that's that. If you want to buy it secondhand, no problem, but you're not rubbed the wrong way by giving the same plugin to someone else at a fraction of the price you paid for it.

My discount is 40% as an owner of Saturn, Timeless 2, Volcano 2, Pro-L, Pro-MB, Pro-DS, and Pro-G.

That is now the same discount for new customers. How is that cool?

-Sam

KVRAF
2134 posts since 11 Oct, 2007 from Almanya

Post Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:18 pm

careyletendre wrote:Why support hard working developers of quality products? Take them for all they've got!
It's not like I didn't know a thing or two about that... 8)

Still, causality remains the same: don't really need them and I'm not made of money. Would impulse-buy if I could justify spending the $. The less $ need to be spent, the easier it is justifying the purchase to myself.

At least I don't start posting 3 minute video reviews with dubstep tracks on YouTube and come asking for NFRs.
I don't work here, I just feed the trolls.
My sales thread @ Market Place
My website with lots of free stuff:
Sampled drums and instruments | Clipping plugin | Shure SRH840 EQ correction presets | SFZ syntax mode for Coda2

KVRian
1123 posts since 29 Sep, 2013

Post Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:24 pm

Not sure I get the complaint. I had Timeless 2 and there were progressive discounts for the other items when I logged in. Later, I got Saturn and Volcano2 using those discounts. The remaining products then appeared with the progressive discounts. Last night I took advantage of the sale and bought everything else except the 3 smallest ones that are superceded by the more advanced models. I saved hundreds of dollars off of the normal prices. Basically, I ended up with everything but the three little ones for around $700 USD. Their prices are high, but the products rock. I don't buy any Waves products because they are so overpriced (and likely resting on their laurels) that I find it offensive. I think Fabfilter is way above that and the interfaces alone prove it, IMHO.
In rotation here: Hammock- Stranded Under Endless Sky

KVRist
36 posts since 5 Feb, 2004 from Calgary Canada

Post Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:07 am

With this sale and already an owner of a number of plugs ... no brainer.

Just saved over $900 US.

KVRAF
1598 posts since 16 Jan, 2010 from Denver

Post Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:06 am

so what kind of a discount do you get for owning products? I was contemplating the creative bundle but I only really want saturn and timeless, so Im wondering if its just more worth it to get one of those and then see what discount I would get on the next

KVRist
347 posts since 28 Dec, 2009

Post Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:11 pm

Last time I wanted to buy a bundle it was cheaper without my customer discount. Don't know if it was a bug.
This time I can save $7 off the Mastering Bundle, so my discount is a bit over 2%
For the Total Bundle my discount is close to 9%. Sure, I could tell myself that I'm saving $1277.79 but I'll pass :)
I only own Pro-DS.
esoundz name: Helio

KVRian
1294 posts since 13 Mar, 2007

Post Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:30 pm

masterhiggins wrote:
That is now the same discount for new customers. How is that cool?

-Sam
It is for a limited time only.... if the proprietors want to go for volume instead margins for a little while then why not ?

It's there party after all !! :party:

Congrats to the boys ; success in an ever harder competition . Nicely done . :hug:

:tu:
Financial solvency and KVR Mix as well as oil and water.

Return to “Effects”