Congrats Fabfilter: 10 years (and -40%)!

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Effects discussion
KVRist
165 posts since 20 Oct, 2010

Post Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:38 pm

If you could only buy ONE of the Fabfilter effects before the end of the sale, which one would it be? Which stands out as the most indispensible or the one with the least competition?

3ee
KVRAF
3817 posts since 8 Mar, 2006

Post Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:46 pm

ion_null wrote:Just saved over $900 US.
How much did you pay?

KVRist
310 posts since 21 Oct, 2008 from new england

Post Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:48 pm

News From The Sky wrote:If you could only buy ONE of the Fabfilter effects before the end of the sale, which one would it be? Which stands out as the most indispensible or the one with the least competition?
The Pro-MB has the least competition. Saturn is pretty awesome in terms of speed + usability.

KVRian
1089 posts since 3 Jan, 2012 from Alberta, Canada

Post Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:50 pm

Yes, I'm being cheeky here . . . shameless self promotion . . :D

I'd have to go with Pro-DS.

FabFilter Pro-DS Review – Shh the eSSes!
Thanks & God Bless,
Bro. Charles
Reviewer's Revival Blogsite | Facebook

KVRAF
5047 posts since 15 Dec, 2011 from Bucharest, Romania

Post Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:27 am

News From The Sky wrote:If you could only buy ONE of the Fabfilter effects before the end of the sale, which one would it be? Which stands out as the most indispensible or the one with the least competition?
I got six of them. Saturn was my first choice. Didn't like Timeless, Volcano and the small ones. The most struggle was with Pro-Q because to my ears EQuick sounds better. But they say the new version will be killer (a little closer to the king EQuilibrium).

KVRAF
5750 posts since 8 May, 2008 from ssssskipping ......... I left you there

Post Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:52 am

I have purchased Saturn this time, but I love Timeless too. I don't use Volcano a lot, even if it was the first one that grabbed my attention some years ago.
"A pig that doesn't fly is just a pig."

KVRian
1085 posts since 3 Aug, 2005 from Chicago

Post Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:47 pm

I'm going to get Saturn and Pro-Q definitely. After watching the Dan WorralI videos I'm thinking about PRO-MB because I can get it for another $72, but I don't know if I need it or if I would even know what the hell I'm doing.

KVRist
165 posts since 20 Oct, 2010

Post Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:12 pm

Thanks for the suggestions!

As for a discount pissing on customers who bought earlier at a higher price... have you been using the product since you bought it? If so, then you've already gotten more use out of it than anyone who buys it now, so I don't know what you're complaining about. You can have absolutely everything for free if you wait until the heat death of the universe.

3ee
KVRAF
3817 posts since 8 Mar, 2006

Post Sat Apr 26, 2014 4:37 am

Sorry but passed the offer!
Been demoing Pro-MB but in the end, I will use my trusty ol' Waves C4 which I bought for like... 30 bucks? during a special discount. Plus, I have Ozone5 which has a cool MB system. :tu:

The Pro-MB with all the discounts (I have Saturn) would have cost me about 93 euros with this sale.
FabFilter plugins are (a bit) expensive for me, so yeah... unless I get lucky within the market place when I need/want something, not going to buy new...

I must admit that if I wouldn't have any good MB processors, I'd probably considered this.

KVRAF

Post Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:29 am

If it wasn't for this sale... no FF greatness in my plugin folder for many years to come. It was my biggest purchase ever.

The best thing is that now I have a solid standard for the other plugins to match. I already started to clean up my plugin folder, and boy, I'm deleting and uninstalling like a madman...

KVRian
734 posts since 13 Apr, 2002 from Terra Australis

Post Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:18 am

I like FF products and have a few of them now but what really grinds my gears are the presets with Timeless II. They are 99% sheer crap. Absolute garbage. Worthless unusable weirdness. I expect expensive plugins to have good presets.

KVRAF
15159 posts since 7 Sep, 2008

Post Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:26 am

spirit wrote:I like FF products and have a few of them now but what really grinds my gears are the presets with Timeless II. They are 99% sheer crap. Absolute garbage. Worthless unusable weirdness. I expect expensive plugins to have good presets.
Respectfully disagree on this. I find the presets very usable.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

KVRAF

Post Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:34 am

spirit wrote:...what really grinds my gears are the presets with Timeless II. They are 99% sheer crap. Absolute garbage. Worthless unusable weirdness. I expect expensive plugins to have good presets.
Unfortunately I have to agree. There were only a few dub ones that I liked, but nothing spectacular. Starting from scratch didn't produce results to make me buy it either. I don't get all the hype with this delay. IMHO it's time for version 3, but after releasing Pro-Q v2.

KVRAF
2747 posts since 13 Feb, 2012 from Amsterdam

Post Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:44 am

3ee wrote:Sorry but passed the offer!
Been demoing Pro-MB but in the end, I will use my trusty ol' Waves C4 which I bought for like... 30 bucks? during a special discount. Plus, I have Ozone5 which has a cool MB system. :tu:

The Pro-MB with all the discounts (I have Saturn) would have cost me about 93 euros with this sale.
FabFilter plugins are (a bit) expensive for me, so yeah... unless I get lucky within the market place when I need/want something, not going to buy new...

I must admit that if I wouldn't have any good MB processors, I'd probably considered this.
Funny, I just purchased Pro-L/MB/Q in this sale to replace my Waves plugins. But I have to admit, in terms of price there's a big difference if you get the Waves plugs in their nobrainer-type deals. It's just that while my cheap Waves plugins were piling up, so was the cost for WUP. I got the Fabfilter ones to bail me out as it were.

Return to “Effects”