Ircam Lab TS - Have you tried it?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

resistent wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 8:38 am
Plugivery wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:55 am Hi folks,

Thanks for the great comments about the new TS2 upgrade. We monitor this thread and will file useful comments to share with the IRCAM team.

Yesterday we posted an update v1.1.1 that fixes an issue where the app asks to re-connect to the internet even once authorized.
https://www.ircamlab.com/products/p1680-TS2/

We were also able to reproduce the phasing issue with ASIO causing glitch and render issues for export. We should have a new build 2.1.2 very shortly...

Customers on Windows should for the interim use “DirectSound” as the driver in Audio Settings.
Nice to get heard :) I have one further feature request: automation for plugins and extreme stretch settings. Is this planned, if so are there any time expectations? Thank you.
That's TWO further feature requests Mr Resistent :D

We already have those two requests on the huge todo list. I can't guarantee a super quick update on those but we'll pressurize the devs to work on it ASAP.

Great feature requests for me too :tu:
Plugiman
www.Plugivery.com
Plugivery Distribution

Plugivery wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 8:52 am
resistent wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 8:38 am
Plugivery wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:55 am Hi folks,

Thanks for the great comments about the new TS2 upgrade. We monitor this thread and will file useful comments to share with the IRCAM team.

Yesterday we posted an update v1.1.1 that fixes an issue where the app asks to re-connect to the internet even once authorized.
https://www.ircamlab.com/products/p1680-TS2/

We were also able to reproduce the phasing issue with ASIO causing glitch and render issues for export. We should have a new build 2.1.2 very shortly...

Customers on Windows should for the interim use “DirectSound” as the driver in Audio Settings.
Nice to get heard :) I have one further feature request: automation for plugins and extreme stretch settings. Is this planned, if so are there any time expectations? Thank you.
That's TWO further feature requests Mr Resistent :D

We already have those two requests on the huge todo list. I can't guarantee a super quick update on those but we'll pressurize the devs to work on it ASAP.

Great feature requests for me too :tu:
I don’t imagine extreme settings happening. It has always been something that many folk have wanted from the software, which makes me think the avoidance of those requests is deliberate (I’m guessing that they don’t want to veer into territories that involve such a drop in quality, and are avoiding such an association.)

I might be wrong :shrug:

Well version 1 went up to ×1000 timestretch so that can't be the reason.

In other words: Not everybody wants their software associated with 800 times slowed renditions of Justin Bieber ;)

I briefly tested TS2, among other things attracted by the AU hosting feature.

Well, that joy was short-lived. Poof crashes, long delays showing a GUI, some DMG Track plugs didn't even get the original GUI but a generic one. Apparently, the hosting feature didn't receive much love yet… ;-)

Thank you, but no thanks.
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 11:58 am In other words: Not everybody wants their software associated with 800 times slowed renditions of Justin Bieber ;)
:party: :clap:

Tried it and...didn't like it enough. Don't see any point to upgrade it for me.

Sampleconstruct wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:41 pm
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 11:58 am In other words: Not everybody wants their software associated with 800 times slowed renditions of Justin Bieber ;)
:party: :clap:
Come on, man...Everyone knows that was you :wink:

sdf
Last edited by codec_spurt on Tue Feb 22, 2022 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sampleconstruct wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 11:56 am Well version 1 went up to ×1000 timestretch.
I could happily authorize the old version with my TS 2 serial. So if you need x1000 time stretch, just use the old version...

The automation points need some kind of value readout and the ability to edit points to exact values. At the moment it’s just hit and miss if you want to change tempo or volume etc to a new bpm or dB.

zyzygis wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 10:33 pm The automation points need some kind of value readout and the ability to edit points to exact values. At the moment it’s just hit and miss if you want to change tempo or volume etc to a new bpm or dB.
…and it would be nice to see stretching in the automation points expressed also as ms and/or percentage (beside tempo values), for those who use mainly those reference values.

@Plugivery, I have another request: I have tried many times to set the version 1 of TS as my default external editor in Logic Pro X, in order to use it as my primary stretching tool, but it was not possible (the audio could not be passed from one application to the other). I would really appreciate very much to see this fixed in a new version.

dude i try it today because i saw was on sale and i like it very much
i let it scan for plugins and i have some gems like GRM tools and stuff , some other spectral processors like IRCAM ASAP and that thing is sweet
on itself it is very good and all but its true power comes to life when you add some plugins like reverbs, distortions and granulators
i love mangling samples and had so much fun i gonna get full version, it is 75% down :hug:
aliasing plugin owner
:?

I, too, can recommend TS, yes, for many uses. I have very recently used it for a realistic effect (altering some recordings of shouted vocal calls, performed not so well and not convincing, in order to achieve a more convincing and realistic effect) and it has really helped a lot (its realistic stretching capabilities were apparent, in this case).

Return to “Effects”