Imperial Delay by Boz Digital only $299..

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Imperial Delay

bduffy wrote:I mean, UAD delays don't even go for $300, and they are branded, meticulously-modeled, beautifully-rendered, and have a massive industry rep.
not to mention the external processing power

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:
bduffy wrote:I mean, UAD delays don't even go for $300, and they are branded, meticulously-modeled, beautifully-rendered, and have a massive industry rep.
not to mention the external processing power
Yup. And the team of engineers.

A bit like eventide's strategy of giving away Ultrachannel for free and now taking $250 for it. Wonder how that worked out...

fese wrote:A bit like eventide's strategy of giving away Ultrachannel for free and now taking $250 for it. Wonder how that worked out...
Yeah this is it... People are giving it away on KVR as a bonus when people buy their stuff. Others trying to sell for 10 - 30 bucks (after the ilok fee of 25). Nobody seems to go near it. NOBODY would ever pay the asking price now. :D

They did slightly better with their Ultraverb.
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

Robmobius wrote:
bailees7irish wrote:
valerian_777 wrote:The last delay i bought was tritik delay (top notch price) and is way better then this Imperial.. lol
Really no need to continue to bash it. We get it, you're not impressed by Imperial Delay. Cool, now that we've established that, how about some constructive comments? Or even better: move along. :tu:
Or you could start a new thread and discuss the plugin itself. As the title says, 'Imperial Delay by Boz Digital only $299..'

So feel free to move along yourself. :tu:
Thanks Rob. Move along from my own thread. :lol: :dog:
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█

valerian_777 wrote:
Robmobius wrote:
bailees7irish wrote:
valerian_777 wrote:The last delay i bought was tritik delay (top notch price) and is way better then this Imperial.. lol
Really no need to continue to bash it. We get it, you're not impressed by Imperial Delay. Cool, now that we've established that, how about some constructive comments? Or even better: move along. :tu:
Or you could start a new thread and discuss the plugin itself. As the title says, 'Imperial Delay by Boz Digital only $299..'

This is it mate… We should be both booted out of your thread because we are talking about the price. Despite the fact that this thread is about the pricing of the magical delay box.

So, I’d like to get back on topic now and talk about…. the price, as the title suggests.

Um… So, 299.00 bananas? So, everyone that appears to have tried the demo seems to dislike the 299.00 post intro price.

So what is reasonable for a standard(ish) delay then?

Soundtoys - Bit too expensive in my opinion at $179. Although, I do have echo boy which I got with the ST’s bundle.
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

Robmobius wrote:
valerian_777 wrote:
Robmobius wrote:
bailees7irish wrote:

This is it mate… We should be both booted out of your thread because we are talking about the price. Despite the fact that this thread is about the pricing of the magical delay box.

So, I’d like to get back on topic now and talk about…. the price, as the title suggests.

Um… So, 299.00 bananas? So, everyone that appears to have tried the demo seems to dislike the 299.00 post intro price.

So what is reasonable for a standard(ish) delay then?

Soundtoys - Bit too expensive in my opinion at $179. Although, I do have echo boy which I got with the ST’s bundle.
I think the price is right now. Anything over $79 would be suicide.

bduffy wrote: I think the price is right now. Anything over $79 would be suicide.
Yeah, I'd pay that for a good reverb alright. Okay, it would be a little more because of the EU VAT.

I can't remember what I paid for Sigmund, that's great delay. Little bit heavy on the cpu but it's great to tweak it. :tu:

Robmobius wrote:
bduffy wrote: I think the price is right now. Anything over $79 would be suicide.
Yeah, I'd pay that for a good reverb alright. Okay, it would be a little more because of the EU VAT.

I can't remember what I paid for Sigmund, that's great delay. Little bit heavy on the cpu but it's great to tweak it. :tu:
<looking up Sigmund....>

UltraChannel is a great product though (have you read the manual? it contains lots of nice tricks).

I got it in the market place for cheap, but I don't see why studios and pros wouldn't spend money on it when it's one of the best channel strips available. I would also spend $300 on an amazing delay (I spent $200 on the H3000 Factory native, RRP is $350).

I just don't see why this plugin would be priced at that level.

asksol wrote:UltraChannel is a great product though (have you read the manual? it contains lots of nice tricks). I got it in the market place for cheap, but I don't see why studios and pros wouldn't spend money on it when it's one of the best channel strips available. I would also spend $300 on an amazing delay (I spent $200 on the H300 Factory native, RRP is $350). I just don't see why this plugin would be priced at that level.

Well, the Ultrachannel release was a bit of a debacle imo, even though it's received some good reviews( and few bad ones). But that said, I don't think they should have given it away, because now no one really appreciates it... Even if it's a really good channel strip. Which is a shame...

Incidentally, I could see a channel strip (or reverb) being expensive especially, if it was very high quality. I've just spent 149e on Acoustica's Megenta mastering EQ. :) Well worth the investment imo, and a hell of alot more useful then a standard(ish) delay which you'd get with a DAW anyway.

Robmobius wrote:
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:it's really bad marketing, and more than a bit of a joke

brandon dury (who seems to be pimping this product) has always made a big song 'n' dance about not needing hi-end gear to make good records.
It certainly is... Very silly indeed. 'But the market will prove him right'. I'm paraphrasing from the GS's thread. Good luck with that says aye.

But all joking aside...

If you got any of the top end developers (Xils, U-he, Tone2, Fabfilter, N.I. Soundtoys, IK, etc.), releasing a top of the line delay plugin. It wouldn't be near that price. Because they understand the market, and even if it was a really good, no one would buy a conventional(ish) delay at such an inflated price.
What do you mean by "if?" U-He released MFM2 years ago, it's more feature-rich and costs $79. Staying at $59 should be the goal, not the 2 week deal.

Devon
Simple music philosophy - Those who can, make music. Those who can't, make excuses.
Read my VST reviews at Traxmusic!

DevonB wrote:
Robmobius wrote:
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:it's really bad marketing, and more than a bit of a joke

brandon dury (who seems to be pimping this product) has always made a big song 'n' dance about not needing hi-end gear to make good records.
It certainly is... Very silly indeed. 'But the market will prove him right'. I'm paraphrasing from the GS's thread. Good luck with that says aye.

But all joking aside...

If you got any of the top end developers (Xils, U-he, Tone2, Fabfilter, N.I. Soundtoys, IK, etc.), releasing a top of the line delay plugin. It wouldn't be near that price. Because they understand the market, and even if it was a really good, no one would buy a conventional(ish) delay at such an inflated price.
What do you mean by "if?" U-He released MFM2 years ago, it's more feature-rich and costs $79. Staying at $59 should be the goal, not the 2 week deal.

Devon
I couldn't agree with you more... U-he's MFM2 is class.

i bought it and tested on vocals, drums, guitar and synth tracks.
compared to:
waves h delay ($30 on sale)
waves supertap ($65) on sale with all of the musician bundle
waves manny marroquin ($40)
uad roland space echo (free with an octo card bundle)
plug and mix multitap ($39)
live stock delays (free with live)
guitar rig (part of NI komplete, comes about $50)

used only presets under the assumption that are
professionally engineered to showcase the products.

for *my taste* i think it is competitive with the above mostly for vocals
and usable across the board.
I ilke Boz Digital a lot, very happy with sasquash and tbone
but 299 for this plugin is a misjudgment imo.

For my understanding Boz tried to create a Sales pitch but failed totally because of the end price of $299. Maybe he thought let's take the endprice of $59 and tell the world this is the intro price.. .,and tell them then the real endprice is.. $299!!!

Now look at this! A saving of epic $240!!!!

Well, actually you save nothing because this delay (or any other delay nowdays) is not worth to pay $299.

Is he stupid? I don't think so.. ..does he think the customers are stupid?... Dunno.. :)

Anyway, the whole thing is somehow utter bollocks. I can't understand why an independent developer doing such a indiscutable price strategy.

It makes me think what the hell this guy is doing? Didn't he know that we live in times where regulary plugin prices are falling rapidly while the quality increase more and more? Even freeware is topnoch often (all who here more then 8-10 years know exactly what i mean).

What happend is that he lost alot of reputation imho. How someone could take this endprice for a standard delay serious is beyond my understanding.
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█

Return to “Effects”