Sandman - yet another cool new delay that doesn't cost $299

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Sandman

thelizard wrote:
lnikj wrote:GUI is an excellent candidate for vector graphics …. :D
The GUI is in fact vectorized! It automatically scales to whatever pixel density you're working with, so it should look good on higher resolution monitors.

Are people interested in a basic color theming feature? We considered doing that for G8, since it's all vector graphics as well.
Excellent! Added to my list here: http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 6&t=424799

(I added G8 as well as I assume it is the same). Edit: Ermm .. yes, you wrote that :dog:

Cheers.
Last edited by lnikj on Sat Nov 15, 2014 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

thelizard wrote:Are people interested in a basic color theming feature? We considered doing that for G8, since it's all vector graphics as well.
Please!!! I already wrote that above your comment in this thread. :clap:
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█

Yes, would love to see this skinned!

I have another feature request... :)

How about a "kill switch" or something that instantly erases the buffer? Found that you can't stop Sandman besides using bypass or 100% dry. But that's not always the best method. Sometimes you want to try another setting of Sandman but then you have to wait..wai...wa...w... until it is done with its operation.

Yeah, a nice Bitwig/AdobeCS6-like skin would be nice. Still my favourite look for GUIs (tkdelay is close enough).
I agree that on first look it's not as "slick" as it could be.
But it works very well as it is, so not a showstopper.

+1 on the kill switch. :tu:

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

He offered a fast basic color changing option not a new skin.
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█

How many presets does this have?

elassi wrote:I have another feature request... :)

How about a "kill switch" or something that instantly erases the buffer? Found that you can't stop Sandman besides using bypass or 100% dry. But that's not always the best method. Sometimes you want to try another setting of Sandman but then you have to wait..wai...wa...w... until it is done with its operation.
+1
this would be helpful for live performance

elassi wrote:How about a "kill switch" or something that instantly erases the buffer? Found that you can't stop Sandman besides using bypass or 100% dry. But that's not always the best method. Sometimes you want to try another setting of Sandman but then you have to wait..wai...wa...w... until it is done with its operation.
Automatable, preferably. Which could be another source of craziness :)

I think the UI is great so I don't want it to change, reminds me of Max/OS9.

If you like noisy digital things, stuttering or crazy delays you should just buy this now,
without waiting for the demo. You won't be disappointed!

This is right up there with transverb, buffer override, ktgranulator/saltygrains etc,
and these devs need money to make us more toys ASAP :)

Edit: +1 for kill switch, would be sweet if you could freeze and then "kill the buffer" (while still freezing) so that the delay is silent when you unfreeze, even with lots of feedback.

This would be great to create "bouncing" stuff, i.e. with feedback at 75% and
1/64th delay (start:0, end:max), hit a snare and then pause immediately, then while
frozen increase the delay time slowly up to 1/8th. When you unpause the old buffer will still play
since there is feedback (and without feedback the effect won't work).
Can maybe use automation to fix that (or the LFO), but I'd love to do it live.

foosnark wrote:
elassi wrote:How about a "kill switch" or something that instantly erases the buffer? Found that you can't stop Sandman besides using bypass or 100% dry. But that's not always the best method. Sometimes you want to try another setting of Sandman but then you have to wait..wai...wa...w... until it is done with its operation.
Automatable, preferably. Which could be another source of craziness :)
Definitely automatable. I was thinking about the design of this all morning, and I think this is the best option. That way, you could hold down the button and temporarily mute everything, or just do musical clears. This shouldn't take long to add in...

Color theming would take a lot more time, but would work with all UA plug-ins. Right now, audio improvements hold the priority, so the kill switch will be in the 1.1 update, while theming won't be around until it's absolutely ready. The demo version will be out during this week.

thelizard wrote:Definitely automatable.
Yes, yes, yes! :)

Since "ericzang" mentioned live situations this scenario evolves as a true add-on. This could be a nice option for vivid performances (and thanks to the click protection, I guess).

asksol wrote: This is right up there with transverb, buffer override, ktgranulator/saltygrains etc,
and these devs need money to make us more toys ASAP :)
Thanks! This means a lot to me. Transverb and Buffer Override were among my first plug-ins, and they really sent me down my current path. I've been wanting to make plug-ins since then, so this is pretty much a dream job for me :party:

We have a lot of cool things in the works. Right now, they are mainly smaller plug-ins like Sandman. If we can dedicate ourselves to this on a more full-time basis, we have some really fun plans for that. Right now, the current plan (if we get to do this full-time) is to port Curtis Roads's old OS 9 granulation software like Pulsar Generator to the modern plug-in formats, along with a lot of cool research that just doesn't exist in plug-in format, really.

Boughted. Works very nicely with Granite.

If anyone activates Sandman on Steam, we would really appreciate it if you left a review!

Return to “Effects”