Tokyo Dawn Labs releases Kotelnikov (standard and GE)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
TDR Kotelnikov TDR Kotelnikov GE

Everglide wrote:I'm looking forward to the other updates. Especially the new LF HF exciters inside SlickEQ M.
I must have missed the announcement, when was this mentioned?

mutantdog wrote:
Everglide wrote:I'm looking forward to the other updates. Especially the new LF HF exciters inside SlickEQ M.
updated ?

thebutler wrote:...As requested, have filled out your bug report form just now.

etc, etc...
Further update:- This plugin is seeming to cause Cubase to completely 'hang' when I try to unload it from an Insert; only way out is to use Task Manager to 'End Process'.

Strange that no-one else has reported seeing this 'corrupted text' with Dynamic Help thus far... weird that it might just be me...

oh well...

thebutler

PS:- decided to uninstall the plugin for now and wait - Fabien has written back, acknowledging that they are on the case, and to apologise for any inconvenience.
Win10; i7 4790K; 16Gb RAM; GTX750Ti; Cubase Pro v13.0.30; WaveLab Pro v11.2.0; S1 v6.5.2; UR44 audio/MIDI

I did get the corrupted text once, but it immediately sorted itself after i moved to a different parameter.

Mentioned Here
mutantdog wrote:

Interesting. I often wish Fabien was as active on here as Gearslutz since i rarely visit there.

The current nonlinearity in SlickM is probably its weakest feature, i've probably only ever used it a couple of times. SlickGE is far better suited for colouring instead. Definitely looking forward too seeing the rest of these updates as they arrive.

mutantdog wrote:Interesting. I often wish Fabien was as active on here as Gearslutz since i rarely visit there.
I personally have no preference, but our product orientation seems to develop far more grip on GS/Reaper/Facebook forums, so discussions tend to last much longer over there. GS in particular has an excellent mastering forum often developing really interesting debates free of product/release PR. GS also has this wonderful "ultimate plugin analysis" goldmine of a thread, and tons of leading industry professionals hanging around.

KVR focuses more on production than engineering (with a few exceptions like the DSP forum). I'm personally more into engineering, and can't find much appeal in discussing sequencers, midi, modulars, sound banks and synths.
mutantdog wrote:The current nonlinearity in SlickM is probably its weakest feature, i've probably only ever used it a couple of times. SlickGE is far better suited for colouring instead. Definitely looking forward too seeing the rest of these updates as they arrive.
Ours thoughts exactly. Hence the replacement (recalls will be safe, though).
Fabien from Tokyo Dawn Records

Check out my audio processors over at the Tokyo Dawn Labs!

idk why but i kinda like the slickM nonlinearity. when in Insane mode (it does relatively little in regular mode) it provides a crispness and sticking-outness without obviously changing the actual sound in any way. it is completely transparent but adds clarity in a mix.

i mean i'm sure that whatever you decide to do will be good, but just know that i have always thought highly of it.

I find I use the Tokyo Dawn plugins more and more, I like them as much as Waves or UAD.
Really great quality at a fair price.
--After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.

-Aldous Huxley

I've been A/B-ing a few projects with the new and old stereo link modes and i'm really impressed with the improvements. The difference is quite audible, especially in the upper frequencies.

It took me a little while to get the hang of Kotelnikov. Before I did, I somehow thought "clean" compression meant thin-sounding. Now I've seen the light...TDR makes great, extremely useful tools at a reasonable price. Kotelnikov is really saving my @ss on a current album project! :tu:

Sparky77 wrote:I find I use the Tokyo Dawn plugins more and more, I like them as much as Waves or UAD.
Really great quality at a fair price.
I'd put them on a slightly higher level personally. I don't know if there is anything on the market more transparent-sounding than his comps and EQs. Obviously, it's hard to compare to Waves/UAD, which, generally speaking, try hard not to sound transparent.

the ratio goes up to 7 ,is that for a specific reason?
doubting between this and pro c2.

robindrieghe wrote:the ratio goes up to 7 ,is that for a specific reason?
doubting between this and pro c2.
That‘s called the GER:BRA ratio... 7:1

Return to “Effects”