2CAudio Kaleidoscope | It's A Trip | Latest Update 1.1

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Annual Subscription for Kaleidoscope Kaleidoscope

aMUSEd wrote:The store is only giving me an option for Mac or Windows - normally you can add both (for all my other 2C products I've been able to). I hope that's not intentional - at this price it should include both platforms.
no additonal cost for both platforms... same as always. single user license.

cryophonik wrote:Hmmmm, neat concept, but seems very...ambient niche-y? I wonder how useful it will be for music that doesn't make me sleepy.
Ambientish and sound design oriented? Sounds cool to me! :D

Neon Breath wrote:
cryophonik wrote:Hmmmm, neat concept, but seems very...ambient niche-y? I wonder how useful it will be for music that doesn't make me sleepy.
Ambientish and sound design oriented? Sounds cool to me! :D
KS (believe it or not, I can not actually spell Kaleidoscope, so I either cut/paste it each time, or i just type KS :D ) is the ULTIMATE tool for ambient music.... which of course also extends fully into film scores, tv scores, game scores, etc.

KS + B2 and/or KS + Aether = ambient music heaven == instant film score :!: :!: Simply unbeatable in these areas IMHO... :tu:

But, it is not the only application... I'm gonna post a ton more examples covering all varieties of genres... Might take until/through the end of the weekend.

Tip for quick exploration: Set White slider to 200%. Wet to 0dB, and dry to -inf. Turn on Mix Lock. scan through the demo presets. This is pure synthesis mode more or less. KS is generating the sound without any input.

After you have a feel for that, feed it some drum loops etc. Try moving the Feedback knob to low values to get more quick/fast filter effects that are less ambient...

anyway, more on this later... gotta get that email out...

Galbanum wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:The store is only giving me an option for Mac or Windows - normally you can add both (for all my other 2C products I've been able to). I hope that's not intentional - at this price it should include both platforms.
Good - so how do I add both then in the shop?

Here is a first quick and dirty jam using one of my Serum patches as input source - using one of my KS presets as starting point, then getting carried away tweaking around as it usually goes with KS, so reserve an hour or hour and then dive into it, don't forget to hut record occasionally as you might miss some nice bits on the journey.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYxtuLQlJ40

Sorry for being a dope, but I haven't managed to get a sound out of it yet (in S1). I tried applying it to a loop, I tried getting sound out of it on its own... Missing something simple here. Could someone spell out the first few steps? A little getting started?

Also, it's not loading for me in Protools getting an error saying it's not a valid 64 AAX.

i see Architecture Vol 1 comes in a KS format, but product info seems to indicate that Architecture 2010 edition doesn't need a KS version, just needs to be the 64 bit edition.

I own both Architecture Vol 1, and multiformats of the 2010 edition (including 64bit)

so do I only need to concern myself about adding the KS format of Vol 1, or do I need to also be keeping an eye out for a KS format of 64bit 2010 edition ?

It's all hypothetical since I need to try the demo : ) Though the discount for existing Vol1 owners is appreciated.

The existing 64-bit Wav Format of the Galbanum Architecture Waveforms 2010 works with KS. (You need the 64-bit version. Not the 32-bit version. ) So you are good ot go with that.

There is a KS specific version of AV1, as AV1 was originally developed to be used with MetaSynth some time ago and the Images for example are not in a common format. Now the entire library uses open file standards: PNG, Wav, and text files for KS.

The AV1 KS format also includes about 2000 extra files that were not in the original AV1 package. These happen to be some of the coolest images as they are ones I have made recently with more advanced techniques than I had a while ago. Check the "New Additions" folder in images for examples... AV1 KS has over 14,000 files in total!!!

Also can't get the AU demo to show up anywhere (Garageband, S1, Tracktion...)
Last edited by audientronic on Fri Jan 16, 2015 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

...AND...

the ENTIRE library is always accessible without having to load anything.

And when loading a preset, if you open the image browser for example, you will be shown exactly where this image comes from in the library, and as it is generally well organized, you can try other images in the same folder to quickly achieve variations/mutations etc. Same for Scale Tunings and Waveforms...

And a quick and dirty drum jam using Tremor as the input source:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJhCPEOupFs

audientronic wrote:Sorry for being a dope, but I haven't managed to get a sound out of it yet (in S1). I tried applying it to a loop, I tried getting sound out of it on its own... Missing something simple here. Could someone spell out the first few steps? A little getting started?

Also, it's not loading for me in Protools getting an error saying it's not a valid 64 AAX.
Have you pointed it to the resources library? You also need transport on play and a large buffer size.

aMUSEd wrote:
Galbanum wrote:
Good - so how do I add both then in the shop?

I've added a "Both OSX & Win" option. thx.

aMUSEd wrote:
audientronic wrote:Sorry for being a dope, but I haven't managed to get a sound out of it yet (in S1). I tried applying it to a loop, I tried getting sound out of it on its own... Missing something simple here. Could someone spell out the first few steps? A little getting started?

Have you pointed it to the resources library? You also need transport on play and a large buffer size.
Thanks!

aMUSEd wrote:

You can have transport off if you set it that way in the preferences.

Return to “Effects”