2CAudio Kaleidoscope | It's A Trip | Latest Update 1.1

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Annual Subscription for Kaleidoscope Kaleidoscope

Galbanum wrote:We'd love to allow note selection etc in the future... "synth" and "interactivity" topics are very interesting to us. This is def a ripe area to explore and something that has been on the roadmap since day 1. Hopefully soon. Not within 2017 though, unfortunately as we had to finish something else first.

We did do a ton of work on new KS stuff this year that I hope to show you all in 2018. First something else though. We've been silent b/c we've been hard at work, yes, absolutely. :tu:
LOL, nice tease :D I’m sure whatever you cooked up will be super sweet.
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

Woodpecker ambience (Iris) meets Kaleidoscope:
https://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/ ... -patchpool

Can´t wait to see what 2CAudio is creating next. So a new thing? Sure it will be a trip again :D
In the meantime i still try to handle that beast Kaleidoscope (it can get easy out of control, but i love it).
4 tracks used, every track with a Kaleidoscope and B2. Otherwise a bit Dust and Replika XT on one track. As sound source i use Sculpture and Dune 2 but mainly Kaleidoscope forms the sound since all instances set to 100% wet.
https://soundcloud.com/user-790535032/in-the-crystal

Fearture request please. Lock resonator type and scale for preset switching.

jackmazzotti wrote:Fearture request please. Lock resonator type and scale for preset switching.
scale/tuning lock is possible already. look in the tuning menu.

resonator lock is a good idea. noted. thanks :tu:

Galbanum wrote:
jackmazzotti wrote:Fearture request please. Lock resonator type and scale for preset switching.

When are you going to buy U&I so you can convert metasynth into a vst?

jackmazzotti wrote:
Galbanum wrote:

Haha. :wink:

U&I does their own thing and they are good at what they do and good at being themselves. :wink: They (Eric) have(has) been focused on their graphics apps for the last several years. He's really an alien with his skill in this area. He's procedurally generating entire worlds these days! :borg:

The next version of KS already does a ton of other cool and unique things and I have a pretty extensive roadmap of where I want to take it eventually. We are dedicated to pro audio exclusively and have our own vision and ideas of where we want to take things and how they should work within existing standards etc. it's quite different than Metasynth and will become even more so over time.

Ks is my baby and dear to my heart. We will return to it shortly. But we have a couple of other things cooking too.

Galbanum wrote:
jackmazzotti wrote:
Galbanum wrote:

Haha. :wink:

U&I does their own thing and they are good at what they do and good at being themselves. :wink: They (Eric) have(has) been focused on their graphics apps for the last several years. He's really an alien with his skill in this area. He's procedurally generating entire worlds these days! :borg:

The next version of KS already does a ton of other cool and unique things and I have a pretty extensive roadmap of where I want to take it eventually. We are dedicated to pro audio exclusively and have our own vision and ideas of where we want to take things and how they should work within existing standards etc. it's quite different than Metasynth and will become even more so over time.

Ks is my baby and dear to my heart. We will return to it shortly. But we have a couple of other things cooking too.
Yes they are fantstic at what they do except integrating into a daw. Thus you should buy them and take it to the next level.

https://www.steinberg.net/en/products/c ... se_95.html

Latest version of Cubase supports "Direct Offline Processing", potentially a godsend for Kaleidoscope users without 16 core CPUs.
SW: Cubase 9.5 | Komplete 11 | Omnisphere 2 | Perfect Storm 2.5 | Soundtoys 5
HW: Steinberg UR28M | Focal Alpha 50 | Fender Jazz Bass | Alesis VI25

Sampleconstruct wrote:Woodpecker ambience (Iris) meets Kaleidoscope:
We have giant pileated pecker heads around here. This tree is about 50 feet from our house and is about 60 or 70 feet tall. One of the few birds even the tree huggers around here would happily shoot on site. They are good looking birds, but damn can they make a mess and do serious damage.

Phorous wrote:https://www.steinberg.net/en/products/c ... se_95.html

Latest version of Cubase supports "Direct Offline Processing", potentially a godsend for Kaleidoscope users without 16 core CPUs.

ooh, ya, that is quite cool! we will surely take a deep look at this and see if anything needs to happen on our end to make the best use of it. :tu: Seems like it should just work, as-is, though... so it's basically like freezing, but event based instead of track base, as I gather from watching their quick video? That would definitely be quite cool for KS heavy work, such as making "generative ambient albums" etc.

... damn woodpeckers. :wink: and I thought this guy was bad:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krVXRCcr2M4

Galbanum wrote:
Phorous wrote:https://www.steinberg.net/en/products/c ... se_95.html

ooh, ya, that is quite cool! we will surely take a deep look at this and see if anything needs to happen on our end to make the best use of it. :tu: Seems like it should just work, as-is, though... so it's basically like freezing, but event based instead of track base, as I gather from watching their quick video? That would definitely be quite cool for KS heavy work, such as making "generative ambient albums" etc.
The DOP has some issues, but it is a "better" version of the old offline process that has been there forever. The main thing we are pummeling them for right now is DOP presets, which would make KScope even more attractive in this setup. By the way, i have done a bit of testing with DOP and K and it seemed to work fine. I didn't check, but I'm assuming K would see it as offline rendering. That would be the one thing I can think of that should happen.

SJ_Digriz wrote: The main thing we are pummeling them for right now is DOP presets, which would make KScope even more attractive in this setup. By the way, i have done a bit of testing with DOP and K and it seemed to work fine. I didn't check, but I'm assuming K would see it as offline rendering. That would be the one thing I can think of that should happen.
"DOP presets"? Is it not like freezing where the preset state is saved with the host project, so that it can be changed later in the project if needed? that would quite great for KS, as you could semi-easily do chord progressions etc by changing tuning on different events, and each event is auto-rendered, but the preset/state info used to create it is automatically saved in the cubase session file. this would indeed be quite great for KS. Is this not how it works already? (i've been deep in something else, so I have not looked yet).

Return to “Effects”