2CAudio Kaleidoscope | It's A Trip | Latest Update 1.1

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Annual Subscription for Kaleidoscope Kaleidoscope

Dirtgrain wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 10:55 am
fairlyclose wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 8:55 am
Dirtgrain wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 8:54 pm Did they ever fix the problem Simon (and others) pointed out?
what problem was that?
Two pages back:
Sampleconstruct wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:52 pm So as of just now saving presets has also become impossible in Cubase 11, it worked perfectly fine for the last week after I noticed the bug in LogicX but now the error message also appeared in Cubase 11, out of the blue, nothing was updated or changed in any way. I'm lost...
Can we have a hotfix pretty please?
thanks - bummer for Cubase and Logic users then

i hadn't been able to get it out of the Cubase blacklist for a good 5 years, i just gave up.
was insanely heavy on the CPU anyway.

Ploki wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 8:59 am
c_voltage wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 11:59 pm Oh this. I thought some more serious things, like crashes.
There are crashes big sur/m1 for older plugs (aether,2b)

Also preset sorting bug from 2016 was never ever fixed.

Its too bad, aether was my fav room reverb but i dont like to rely on stuff that… well, cant be relied on
Hm, that bad. (At Win with b2 not remember crashes, if anything)

WasteLand wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 9:37 am thanks for your reaction. o the alpha channell (i think...), i also don't have a proper understanding of those channels. perhaps i read a reaction to fast, something with blue... i misinterpret it, i guess..

the fun or pleasure is making your own images, for me, as you describe. of course for the purpose of sounddesign, in your own way.

tunings seem to me enough, i guess... 250...

thanks, again!
No sweat, always glad if I can help! :D

If I remember this right the thing about blue is the blue part of an image besomes center channel (mono as they say) while usually red and green brings panning into play. Also this can be to some degree altered using different colours or colour tones for panning, but as with so many things stick with the default unless you have a reason not to. ;-) You have to set manually how much Kaliedoscope cares about making stuff stereo according to the image used via the "width" knob, it's bipolar so you can do a "negative" width that pans stuff to the opposite speakers.

Among those around 250 tunings you find the usual suspects including various chords and excotic tunings and also some mathematic stuff, some microtunings and various types of noise such as white and brown to be used as semi-chaotic systems for tuning. Most of us have everything we could possibly want and then some. ;-)

Yup I agree to me the creative and personal part lies mostly in making or chosing the right of ones own images, then some of it offcourse in chosing the right tunig and settings.

fairlyclose wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 10:56 am
Dirtgrain wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 10:55 am
fairlyclose wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 8:55 am
Dirtgrain wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 8:54 pm Did they ever fix the problem Simon (and others) pointed out?
what problem was that?
Two pages back:
Sampleconstruct wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:52 pm So as of just now saving presets has also become impossible in Cubase 11, it worked perfectly fine for the last week after I noticed the bug in LogicX but now the error message also appeared in Cubase 11, out of the blue, nothing was updated or changed in any way. I'm lost...
Can we have a hotfix pretty please?
thanks - bummer for Cubase and Logic users then
...only on Mac using Catalina and higher, but I won't go back to a previous OS just to be able to save patches in Kaleidoscope and the preset naming chaos problem has been around since Mojave iirc.

i've gotten the email about the $99 sale twice now. so someone is there doing something.

dayjob wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 2:53 pm i've gotten the email about the $99 sale twice now. so someone is there doing something.
Funny. I own all their products and have been getting their newletter email but I didn't get anything this time around...

plexuss wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 4:53 pm
dayjob wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 2:53 pm i've gotten the email about the $99 sale twice now. so someone is there doing something.
Funny. I own all their products and have been getting their newletter email but I didn't get anything this time around...
What should they sell you actually?

martinjuenke wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:12 pm
That wasn't the point of my post - it was to provide a data point for those wondering about 2C as a business. It's a clue, but it may be irrelevent.

The only company I know of that personalizes emails by not sending emails about, say sales for products already owned, is Plugin Alliance. I think 2C emails to a bulk list regardless of product ownership like most audio companies.

plexuss wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:24 pm
martinjuenke wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:12 pm
That wasn't the point of my post - it was to provide a data point for those wondering about 2C as a business. It's a clue, but it may be irrelevent.

The only company I know of that personalizes emails by not sending emails about, say sales for products already owned, is Plugin Alliance. I think 2C emails to a bulk list regardless of product ownership like most audio companies.
Well, I have only Kaleidoscope and I haven't received an email as well.
My concern remains: is Kaleidoscope abandoned?

I own everything except kaleidoscope and got a mail

Ploki wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:49 pm I own everything except kaleidoscope and got a mail
Wanna have my Kaleidoscope?
Then you'll be in the top tier league of 2CAudio :party:

I hope they are still in a business, I own all their products and I have a special love for Aether. And no, I have not received any mail from them at least since when the pandemic spread.
EDIT: I received a mail from them this evening, after I had written this message.
Last edited by XComposer on Thu Oct 28, 2021 6:11 am, edited 2 times in total.

I have all their products. Got sale emails in November and December, but nothing now.

The dev last responded about things in Jan this year here, saying they’re still working on things. hope it’s true!

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=429862&start=2745

I emailed with them late March.

Return to “Effects”