2CAudio Kaleidoscope | It's A Trip | Latest Update 1.1

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Annual Subscription for Kaleidoscope Kaleidoscope

gondii wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:22 pm I have all their products. Got sale emails in November and December, but nothing now.
I just got their newsletter with the sale. So they are being sent out.

Dear clients and friends,

As things hopefully begin to return to normal around the world, we thought it'd be the prefect time to celebrate with a splash. We are pleased to announce we are renewing our widely popular Big Splash Summer Promo! This year we are to making an even bigger splash and for the first time ever, we are offering all individual products for only $99.95! Now's the time to jump in with some of the world's leading artists, producers, and engineers, and save big on all 2CAudio products. Don't miss the best deals we have ever offered!

Limited time pricing is as follows:

Precedence 1.5: $99.95. - Save $50 - 33% off our newest release!
Breeze 2.5: $99.95. - Save $50 - 33% off our newest release!
Aether: $99.95. - Save $150! - 60% off!
B2: $99.95. - Save $150! - 60% off!
Kaleidoscope: $99.95. - Save $150! - 60% off!

Bundle pricing is even more favorable and is as follows:

PBJ Pack: $199.95. - Save $100 - 33% off our newest release!
The Perfect Storm 3.5: $299.95. - Save $200! 75% off individual product prices!
Everything: $399.95. Go Big, Save Bigger! Perfect Storm Pack + Kaleidoscope Pack

The 2021 Big Splash Promotion will be available through the middle of August 2021. Act now!

lol, just got the email, too

Pushing go on a sale email is not the same as maintaining products. I'm extremely disillusioned at this point; they have definitely not blown my mind.

I absolutely agree with that. If anything the ongoing and increasingly deep sales have me concerned. Like I said before I had an eye on their sales the the past couple of years and since last summer, all their products have been on sale without break contrary to what they were claiming during their sales and even in an email they sent out. On the other hand, there are several people that needed support and got it, as well, so at least there is that.

Not sure if my link before worked, but here is the last comment of the dev on this board.
Andrew Souter wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:47 pm
Dirtgrain wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:59 pm I bought B2 several weeks ago, and their support was responsive. Has anyone put in a ticket?
Nope, not that I saw/see.

Sorry if I am slow to see the thread here, but we don't check forum threads everyday. We do of course check email support every day.

We have looked into it though, and indeed there seems to be issue with saving user presets in Catalina. We are exploring it. Believe it or not, it was not brought to our attention until very recently.
Ploki wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 2:53 pm I really like 2C plugins, but lack of hidpi support on aether/b2
Aether and B2 both have "HD" versions of the GUI since 2012 or so. Just load one of the "HD" skins and reload the plug. Should work great on HIDPI screens. Future versions will use the many-size option scheme that is found in Precedence, Breeze 2, and Vector.
Ploki wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 2:53 pm and radio silence about apple silicon has me worried
We are exploring it. Obviously it is something that must be done and it is something that will be done. No exact ETA just yet. We are heavily optimized for AVX etc on x86 so obtaining similar performance is likely not as simple as the marketing may make it seem. Nonetheless we realize it must be done.

Re Kaleidoscope timelines/updates etc. I hear you and I sympathize/empathize. I had wanted an update in 2017, and again in 2020. I think The Rolling Stones has a song about this. I hate that damn song. ;-) In other words, still working on it...

TBH this sounds like a company whose (lead? only?) developer disappeared, leaving behind source code which no one else understands. Or their internal code repository crashed without backups, or something like that. There have been no code updates in years, just sales and empty promises, scraping the barrel for whatever remaining cash they can get out of their legacy. Do I sound bitter? I'd trade in their hyperbolic marketing language and infinity sale for some boring straight talk about the actual situation and prospects for the future any day.

I dont personally mind if Kaleidoscope stays as-is, the feature set is fine by me and it works fine on my ancient PC. But I sympathise with people - on Macs? - who are having preset problems or crashes. This is a bit of a shit for sure

I cannot understand how they ever went about making Kaleidoscope without incorporating an image editor--it's so called for (at least for any who like to stray from presets).
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

jeremydb wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 7:54 am I'd trade in their hyperbolic marketing language and infinity sale for some boring straight talk about the actual situation and prospects for the future any day.
yeah.. i think most of us are in the same boat w/that. some info about updates or just letting us know they're still alive would be great.

They are selling software that will not work correctly for some users. It's feeling a bit like The Mangle fiasco. Like, we should be warning people?

Dirtgrain wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 3:01 pm They are selling software that will not work correctly for some users. It's feeling a bit like The Mangle fiasco. Like, we should be warning people?
There are many plugins from many devs that do not work correctly for some users. I think y'all need to take a chill pill. Note to devs: think twice about participating in the forums - you will set up expectations that will likely bite your ass in the future if your situation changes - case in point: this thread.
Last edited by plexuss on Thu Jul 22, 2021 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dirtgrain wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:40 pm I cannot understand how they ever went about making Kaleidoscope without incorporating an image editor--it's so called for (at least for any who like to stray from presets).
I don't want an image editor in there at all. I think that is a terrible idea. On the one hand you are complaining about them not maintaining what they have and then on the other you want them to develop and maintain an image editor as well.

fairlyclose wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 4:56 pm
Dirtgrain wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:40 pm I cannot understand how they ever went about making Kaleidoscope without incorporating an image editor--it's so called for (at least for any who like to stray from presets).
I don't want an image editor in there at all. I think that is a terrible idea. On the one hand you are complaining about them not maintaining what they have and then on the other you want them to develop and maintain an image editor as well.
That's definitely not a two-hand situation. And their silence, to those who have problems, especially Simon, who has promoted Kaleidoscope and who sells presets for it, followed by this sale, is sketchy.

plexuss wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 3:42 pm There are many plugins from many devs that do not work correctly for some users. I think y'all need to take a chill pill. Note to devs: think twice about participating in the forums - you will set up expectations that will likely bite your ass in the future if your situation changes - case in point: this thread.
WTF? They stopped participating in the forums--read up mate. Next you will be defending a car company that knowingly sells a bunch of lemons? And we should stay quiet if it occurs to us that some new buyers might find their products malfunctioning? I take you are a dev yourself, not wanting to cross the "thin blue line" or something?

What it your post, anyway? This is a forum, at least in part, where people discuss plugins. And you pose some sort of dire warning that the devs ought to high-tail it out of here, else they suffer somehow? Sheesh.

fairlyclose wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 4:56 pm I don't want an image editor in there at all. I think that is a terrible idea.
Terrible idea? So, somehow it is optimal to have to open a standalone image editor to create images, without any musical feedback in the process--then opening that image in Kaleidoscope to give it a test run? As opposed to being able to make, shape, alter images on the fly within Kaleidoscope? Do you have a rationale for why? Mind you, when I inquired about this over a year ago, devs did hint that something was in the works.

Dirtgrain wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 6:40 pm
fairlyclose wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 4:56 pm I don't want an image editor in there at all. I think that is a terrible idea.
Terrible idea? So, somehow it is optimal to have to open a standalone image editor to create images, without any musical feedback in the process--then opening that image in Kaleidoscope to give it a test run? As opposed to being able to make, shape, alter images on the fly within Kaleidoscope? Do you have a rationale for why? Mind you, when I inquired about this over a year ago, devs did hint that something was in the works.
I gave my rationale

Return to “Effects”