2CAudio Kaleidoscope | It's A Trip | Latest Update 1.1

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Annual Subscription for Kaleidoscope Kaleidoscope

Sampleconstruct wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:
audientronic wrote:Sorry for being a dope, but I haven't managed to get a sound out of it yet (in S1). I tried applying it to a loop, I tried getting sound out of it on its own... Missing something simple here. Could someone spell out the first few steps? A little getting started?

Also, it's not loading for me in Protools getting an error saying it's not a valid 64 AAX.
Have you pointed it to the resources library? You also need transport on play and a large buffer size.
You can have transport off if you set it that way in the preferences.
Cool thanks

crashes on S1
i deleste it
sorry so is this not for me

Is it possible that in the near future this will be "optimized"? My i7 Macbook is having a hard time with it!
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

Galbanum wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:
Galbanum wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:The store is only giving me an option for Mac or Windows - normally you can add both (for all my other 2C products I've been able to). I hope that's not intentional - at this price it should include both platforms.
no additonal cost for both platforms... same as always. single user license.
Good - so how do I add both then in the shop?

I've added a "Both OSX & Win" option. thx.
If I buy Architecture too will it also work in Metasynth?

Aiynzahev wrote:Is it possible that in the near future this will be "optimized"? My i7 Macbook is having a hard time with it!
Mine too - but the patches I can play are just sublime.

aMUSEd wrote: If I buy Architecture too will it also work in Metasynth?
AV01 KS will NOT work with Metasynth.

The original AV1 will of course.

I can make some kind of small "add another format" charge, like I have for Architecture Waveforms. Let's say $25 for AV1 if you want both AV1 for KS and AV1 for MS. You can do that after the fact. Does not need to be in the same purchase if you like.

Thats sounds cool - thanks - what is it that won't work with Metasynth?

Aiynzahev wrote:Is it possible that in the near future this will be "optimized"? My i7 Macbook is having a hard time with it!
Raise the buffer in the KS preferences all the way up, also in your DAW, the string resonators can be very hungry depending on the amount of lines you set.

Here is a more ambient jam processing some sampled acoustic guitar textures with KS:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBpY4TyPnjk

Just another state-the-obvious note: a lot of patches need the white level to be raised in order to be heard. (Just finding my way around the easy stuff :hihi: )

Sounds amazing so far from Simon’s demos. I really can't wait to try it as soon as I have some time free.

Does KS processing in the frequency domain /FFT spectra realm, or it's like the other 2CAudio products, more like a regular reverb type of effect processor?

KS likes large buffers. It has it's own buffer setting on the info page of the GUI. The plug has to be reloaded for this to change. It is max at 2048 samples at default. This is idea. Some audio cards (particularly firewire) do not like it when their buffer size is set smaller than the KS buffer size. If both are set to max, this should give best performance.

KS is mutlithreaded. It will use all cores, even if "ALL" is big number. It loves my 12-core Mac Pro.

Don't use oversampling for real-time. It is not really needed currently for Springs (sine) resonators. Run 1x real-time. Save 2x or 4x for bounces.

Spring (sine) resonators are more efficient than String resonators.

CPU usage scales linearly depending on the number of active lines. This is the WHITE number on the right hand side of the GUI.

You can set Max Resonators pref on the info page to 256 or 128 to force a hard limit on this if needed.

String resonators might be able to be optimized a little more. We have been exploring this topic.

Host and audio card stuff: we will gather more info on. We have been beta testing since August, but when something totally new goes into the wild, and gets tried by thousands of people instead of tens, we always find more info... So whatever we discover we will of course handle to the best of our ability. :tu:

We want this to be a very long term sound-design platform. :tu:

audientronic wrote:Just another state-the-obvious note: a lot of patches need the white level to be raised in order to be heard. (Just finding my way around the easy stuff :hihi: )
Oh, I see, you hit the little lock thingy under the white slider and then it stays up for all the presets.

aMUSEd wrote:Thats sounds cool - thanks - what is it that won't work with Metasynth?
well, the images for KS are all isolated pngs. (you could even use them for graphic design. I think some of them are very cool! :) ) This would be a major PITA for MS -- you would have to load one at a time.

The waveforms are simply not in the correct format. Won't work period.

Most of the scales should work, but I am not sure. If scales are saved with more than single precision resolution, MS did not like this as I remember in the past. All new tunings that I make are calculated in and saved in full double precision... (mostly for posterity, and transformation purposes... the difference between single and double when it comes to tuning resolution is WAY past the limits of human perception...)

*edit button nor working here*

I meant: Does KS process in the frequency domain /FFT spectral realm, or it's like the other 2CAudio products, more like a regular reverb type of effect processor?

Cheers.

Return to “Effects”